Changing Tactics Screen to Non Perspective

DP

I have a problem with the tactics screen whereby it's pretty slow loading due to it being rendered in perspective.

I've been told this can be changed by amending the tactics_panel??

Has anyone had any success doing this?

Does anyone know where this file is located as I cannot find it?

I would prefer to have the tactics screen the same as FM09 - though I would like to be aware of any knock on effects.

I have a problem with the tactics screen whereby it's pretty slow loading due to it being rendered in perspective.

I've been told this can be changed by amending the tactics_panel??

Has anyone had any success doing this?

Does anyone know where this file is located as I cannot find it?

I would prefer to have the tactics screen the same as FM09 - though I would like to be aware of any knock on effects.

yeah, it's pretty easy to change this - I did it for my skin Kaskara. The panel is "tactic panel.xml" - no underscore or plural on "tactic" and the bit to change is roughly a third of the way through the xml:

<widget class="pitch_with_tactics" id="ptch">
         <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" />
         <boolean id="vert" value="true"/>
         <integer id="pprd" value="3"/>
         <boolean id="pitch_use_player_kit" value="true" />
         <boolean id="pitch_use_curved_tactics_runs" value="false" />
         <boolean id="perspective" value="true" />

- just change the "true" on that last line to "false".

If you have the resource archiver, you can get a copy of this file in the main panels folder for FM2010.

M

Wow, this really does make going to the tactics screen quicker, thanks for this murray.

How did you get this working?

I take it it's not a simple change of an XML? You need to use the resource archiver as if making a new skin?

• 1 month later...

Sorry to bump an old thread. But, how come when doing this, it gets rid of the A, S and D letters from the boxes on the players, instead having them in a disgusting black font next to the shirt?

I saw a screenshot on the forums of someone who had the perspective changed and it worked like normal:

21csnn.png

How can I get it like this? I extracted the panels fmf and took the tactic panel.xml. Edited it as told by murray above, yet it doesn't look like this.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived