International Matches not showing on the main screen

yeah, my bad: Monkeying around with both screen flow and news subscriptions this afternoon, i'm not spotting a way to do the old-school, canonical, "please stop and take me to the matches screen before and after any matches in this competition."

the best i've been able to figure is to manually tick a match in that conversation on that date - e.g., to set yourself to "view" it, so that you get taken to those screens .. But that's really not the same as it would require a lot of tedious manual entry.

Oversight, perhaps?

Under your team name, the last drop down item is 'Team Settings'. There you will find the Screen Flow section, which (I gather) is how you activate these extra updates on additional competitions.

I agree, it could be made a bit more obvious, or somehow integrated with Subscriptions. Its customizable in a new way with this version, so there are still tweaks and improvements that I'm sure we'll see in future patches/versions.

You can only make fixtures such as WC Qualifiers appear at certain intervals using screen flow i.e. every day, every week, every month etc. For the life of me I don't know why they didn't include the option for fixtures to appear pre and post match.

I'm right with you, CPS - I'd expect "Fixtures and Scores" to be an addition to the Screen Flow feature for FM'11, if not a December patch, based solely on the number of people that miss that old-style flow!

Definitely - I think they really missed a trick there and I suspect it was just an oversight. Personally I think it would add to the player's immersion in the game world for results in, say, Serie A and La Liga to appear if you were managing in the Premier League when each match ended rather than constantly having to check the fixtures manually. I don't think its simply a cosmetic feature either as it would also be useful and user friendly from a managerial point of view to study how certain players are performing each week in other leagues this way. Its certainly something I've wanted to see for a while but they just haven't quite nailed it properly yet.

Fingers crossed for the next patch, eh?

Call me stupid, but isn't there a 'fixtures and results' option under screen flow?

Yeah, but that means that the 'Fixtures and Results' screen for any given competition only appears when you set it to appear i.e. every day, every 2 days, every week, month etc. Results and fixtures do not appear when they actually happen.

Good clarification; I knew we were on the same page.

Yes, there's a "Fixtures and Results" screen in the Screen Flow.

I think what people want is for "Fixtures and Results" to also be a time option: in other words, you could set the Champions League to show you the "Fixtures and Results" screen every time there was a fixture scheduled .. and you could set the English Premier League to show you the "League Table" screen every time there was a fixture scheduled, if that was your cup of tea.

Also, why is the "World Cup" competition available from Screen Flow, but not the sub-competitions like "World Cup European Qualifiers"? That seems odd to me, too.

Archived