Founded: 12th August 1970

Chairman: Robin Leproux

Current Manager: Anton Koumbaré

Current Club Captain: Claude Makélélé

Current Vice Captian: Sylvain Armand

League: Ligue 1

Media Prediction: 4th place

Fierce Rivals: Olympique de Marseille

Other Rivals: Olympique Lyonnais, FC Nantes, AS Monaco FC, Red Star FC 93, FC Girondins de Bordeaux and FC Paris.

Icons: Luis Fernandez, Pauleta, Raí, Safet Susic, Michel Denisot, Bernard Lama, Joël Bats, Paul Le Guen, Dominique Rocheteau and Mustapha Dahleb

Club Kits

Picture6.png

Finances

Estimated Value: £78m

Balancet: £30m

Transfer Budjet: £1.7m

Wage Budjet: £475k p/w

Facilities

Corporate Facilities: Good

Training Facilities: Good

Youth Facilities: Good

Youth Academy: Yes

History

Past

Paris Saint-Germain is a professional football club from Paris, France. It was founded in 1970 thanks to the merger of Paris FC and Stade Saint-Germain, and the capital club is one of the most prestigious outfits in French football. Despite currently being Ligue 1's longest tenants after an uninterrupted 34-year spell, PSG are one of the top flight's youngest teams in absolute terms. Compared to 136-year-old veterans Le Havre AC, 129-year-old Bordeaux or even 109-year-old Marseille, the Parc des Princes side are relative adolescents, in fact. Top-tier status was attained within four years and by the end of the 1970s, the Red-and-Blues were ready to embark upon a historic decade.PSG tasted French Cup honours in 1982 and 1983, before capturing their first league crown in 1986 - breakthroughs that opened the doors to Europe and some memorable encounters, particularly with Juventus in 1983 and 1989.

As significant as those successes were, however, the 1990s proved even more fruitful, with PSG entering a golden age after television giants Canal+ bought the club in May 1991. Now enjoying serious investment, the capital outfit were able to set their sights steadily higher. The 1990's were a great period of success with the club improving in Europe, and PSG managed to get to the Semi Final of the UEFA Cup 3 times, and the Semi Finals of the Champions League.

On the domestic scene, results were just as satisfying, with PSG celebrating another Ligue 1 title, three Coupe de France, two Coupe de la Ligue and just as many Trophée des champions wins.

At the time, the players lighting up the Parc were also mainstays of their national sides. Bernard Lama, Alain Roche, Paul Le Guen, Vincent Guerin, David Ginola and Youri Djorkaeff all enjoyed stints with France, while Ricardo Gomes, Valdo Filho, Raí and Leonardo Araújo were regulars for Brazil. But perhaps the greatest talent of all was prolific Liberian marksman George Weah, who followed in the footsteps of PSG's many fine strikers by firing 55 goals in 137 games.

Now

To the disappointment of the club's supporters, PSG have never threatened to hit those same heights since. Three more trophies have been landed and the Parc des Princes faithful got to marvel at the likes of Marco Simone, Jay-Jay Okocha, Nicolas Anelka, Ronaldinho, Gabriel Heinze, Juan Pablo Sorin, Mario Yepes and Pauleta, but crisis has never lain far away. Indeed, the last two seasons were spent staving off relegations that were only very narrowly avoided. Installed in January 2007, coach Paul Le Guen has made it his mission to rebuild PSG following their sale by Canal+. Some astute summer trading brought proven campaigners Claude Makelele, Ludovic Giuly and Mateja Kezman to the capital, and they have added their experience to a young and humble core of players including Mamadou Sakho, Clement Chantome, Younousse Sankhare and Guillaume Hoarau.

In recent seasons, PSG's form has slipped from 9th position in 2004-05 and in 2005-06. In 2006-07, they did not impress, failing to reach either cup final and finishing 15th in the league, just three places from relegation. 2007-08 was worse with PSG finishing one place lower in 16th, having sat in the relegation zone for most of the season and escaping only after winning their last two games of the season.

In the 2008-09 season, although PSG finished 6th in the league out of European action, team regain fitness even getting to 2nd place in the Ligue 1, reaching the semifinals in the Coupe de la Ligue (losing to Bordeaux) and quarterfinals in the UEFA Cup (losing to Dynamo Kiev). A great advance in comparison to the last two seasons, but not fully satisfying as in the last matches the club failed to match the heights because of political problems.

Stadium

Stadium Name: Parc des Princes

Capacity: 48,527 all seater

Season Ticket Holder's: 22,000

Picture3.png

Originally a velodrome, it was the finish of the Tour de France from the first event in 1903 until the track's demolition in the late 1960s. The current Parc des Princes, designed by architect Roger Taillibert and built by Bouygues, was opened in June 1972 and is a true football stadium with no track around the pitch. It was also previously the national stadium until the Stade de France was built for the 1998 FIFA World Cup. The Parc des Princes stadium and grounds are owned by the City of Paris.

TeamAnalysis

First Team Squad

Goalkeepers

Gregory Coupet GK

Apoula Edel GK

Willy Grondin GK

The Strongest player here with out a doubt is the solid but old Greory Coupet, and at 36, he won’t last long past the first season. With the lack of money at the club at the start of the game, Coupet will do fine for the first season, but I would see a replacement as a necessity in season two. The backup in this position are solid, but my pick for understudy would be Apoula Edel, just for his age, with Grondin being 34. Alphonse Aréola looks like an exciting prospect and being the the best young keeper in the game, you should try to nurture into a future PSG and France number one.

Best Player

Gregory Coupet

Best Youth Prospect

Alphonse Aréola

Central Defense

Mamadou Sakho CB/LB

Sammy Traore CB/RB

Zoumana Camara CB

Gregory Bourillon CB

Grandi Ngoyi CB/DCM

Of course the stand out player in the heart of the defense is Mamadou Sakho, a player who will turn out to be one of the best defenders in the game. Hanging on to him will be essential if PSG are to progress in Ligue 1 and in Europe. Bourillon looks like he could develop into a good player so perhaps look to give him games throughout the season. Personally I think you should keep Camara for the first season, and let Sammy Traoré go at the start, due to his age and his severe lack of pace. Camara is still not up to standards, but due good marking and positioning, he'll provide solid, experienced cover. Unfortunately I feel the players in this position, other than Sakho and perhaps Bourillon, are slightly substandard, so try to bring in another starting central defender, as this is a weak point in the team.

Best Player

Mamadou Sakho

Best Youth Prospect

Lucien Owona

Full Backs

Christophe Jallet RB/RWB/RM

Sylvain Armand (vc) DC/LB

Ceara RB/RWB/RM

Tripy Makonda LB/LWB/LM

The full back positions would be filled by Christophe Jallet on the right and Sylvain Armand on the left, who look reasonably good. Jallet’s game is epitomized by his stamina, which is essential as a full back, and he has solid defensive and attacking attributes. Armand is far more defensive and he looks very solid in that department while offering far less in attck. Ceara has improved since 09, and will provide competition in the right back slot. Makonda is the other left back in the squad, and looks a decent prospect, so giving him games could prove a wise move.

Best Player

Christophe Jallet

Best Youth Prospect

Tripy Makonda

Defensive Midfield

Claude Makélélé © DCM/MC

Jeremey Clement DCM/MC

Bassirou Dembelé DCM/MC

Clément Chantôme DCM/MC/AMC

Younousse Sankharé DCM/MC/ML

I think one of the best positions in the squad, or at least the most competition for places. The man who pretty much invented the modern-day defensive midfielder, Claude Makélélé is still a very effective player. With his combination of experience and the mental aspects of his game, he will still prove an important squad member, if a little past his best. Clément Chantôme is another strong centre mid, with a good passing range and potential to become a really world class player, so in my opinion he should be a definite starter in midfield. Jérémy Clément looks solid, and adds to the competition in the centre of the park, and will push for a first team slot. Sankharé looks quite a bit worse than on 09, but I think the potential is still there for him to be a very good player, along with Dembelé, who looks like another exciting prospect.

Best Player

Clement Chantôme

Best Youth Prospect

Younousse Sankharé

Attacking Midfield

Stephane Sessegnon AMC/AML/AMR

Ludovic Giuly MR/AMR/AMC/FC

Maxime Partouche MR/AMR

Jerôme Rothen (Out on loan) ML

A strong but very thin area of the squad, with Sessegnon the stand out performer, and the best player in the whole team. His skill and creative ability make him an integril part of the team, and a player who can really make a difference in unlocking tough defences. Ludovic Giuly looks like he can still do a job, and still has the pace and skill to be very effective on the right wing. Maxime Partouche is actually a very good prospect on the right, and given games he can turn into a very effective right winger. Rothen doesn’t look near to the quality he was in 09, and won’t really be missed while out on loan, but the depth in this position is a worry because of his absence. If necessary, forward Loris Arnaud can provide cover on the right flank. I think an area of improvement would be to get in an attacking midfielder to play in the centre beside either Chantôme or Makélélé, and perhaps a left midfielder to cover for Sessegnon. Despite the sheer quality in this position, I see it as a real area to strengthen, adding creativity and some cover would be a good move.

Best Player

Stephane Sessgnon

Best Youth Prospect

Maxime Partouche

Forwards

Guillaume Hoararu ST

Melvut Erdinc ST

Loris Arnaud ST/AMR

Peguy Luyindula FC

Yannick Boli FC

A very strong area of the squad, you have real strength in depth in this position. Hoararu looks like the perfect target man, and his ability to lead the line is a great strength, if utilised correctly. With Hoararu the main man up front, the other strong striker would be summer signing Melvut Erdinc who looks like he could be effective either playing along side Hoararu, or as backup, to provide quality competition. His pace and power are a lethal combination, and he improves a great deal, and scores a lot playing along side Hoarau as a poacher. Loris Arnaud looks like he could turn into a fairly decent target man if developed correctly, and Yannick Boli also looks like he has a degree of potential. Peguy Luyindula looks decent, probably better than Arnaud and Boli, but due to his age and his astronomical wages, you should try and get rid of him as soon as you can.

Best Player

Guillaume Hoararu

Best Youth Prospect

Jimmy Kamghain

Promising Youth Players

Alphonse Aréola GK

Jimmy Kanghain ST

Abdelrafik Gérard AMR

Bastien Héry AMC

Lucien Owona CB

These players potential will vary game to game, so they may not be particulaly promising in your game.

A few very promising youngsters in the squad, probably the most exciting are Alphonse Aréola and Jimmy Kanghain. With the right work Aréola could become a truly work class goalkeeper, so developing him as best you can is definitely a good idea. Jimmy Kanghain also looks like a very good prospect at 16, starting in the under 18s he has great pace, and according to the assistant, very good potential. The others all look like they could become good players and you should look to utilise the potential in the under 18s squad.

Areas to strengthen

Goalkeeper

Although Coupet should be solid enough in the first season, a replacement will definitely be needed sooner rather than later. I'd advise summer, as other areas have to be strengthened, but if the money is there then by all means buy before then. Someone like Ochoa would be perfect here, as he is affordable and a truly world class goalkeeper. Others you could look at are Rémy Riou, Yohann Pelé or Federico Vilar, all varying in price, age and quality.

Transfer Target

Guillermo Ochoa- 2-8m (depending on when)

Rémy Riou- 4m

Yohann Pelé- 8-10m

Federico Vilar- 4m

Central Defence

Finding a partner for Mamadou Sakho is a must in my opinion, as the others in this position seem a bit lackluster. The lack of money at the club though makes this difficult, so perhaps the free transferred Jorge Andrade would be a good and cheap option, or perhaps look to get a player in on loan if you can find anyone of required quality. Someone like Otamendi could be brought in fairly cheaply, and is very good for the future, but I can't say I'm convinced of his ability as a starter until he improves a little. Sergey Ignashevic is also a great option, very experienced, great leader and of course a great defender. If you can raise the funds to bring him he could also be a great signing.

Transfer Target

Jorge Andrade- Free

Nicolas Otamendi- £4.5m

Dejan Lovren- £1-2m

Sergey Ignashevic- £5m

Attacking Midfield

The lack of a creative centre mid is somewhere I feel the club is lacking, as I see Sessegnon more of a left midfielder. I think bringing in someone to play alongside one of the defensive midfielders, that can dictate the play and provide through balls for Horarau and Sessgnon is a must and somewhere you should try and strengthen. One player which I think could be perfect for this, is the transfer listed Rafael Van der Vaart, who is available for a season long loan for £1.1m. I think his creativity is needed in the team, and he is a truly world class player available within the small transfer budget. Also someone like Guti on loan would be a great addition, or a promising youngster like Milan Badlej would be interesting.

Transfer Target

Rafael Van der Vaart- Loan fee £1.1m(agreed price of £7m)

Guti- Loan fee £325k

Milan Badlej- 2m

Wingers

The backup in these two positions is limited, but with two quality players in Sessegnon and Giuly, I don’t think transfers are necessary, but if you can stretch the budjet that little bit further a backup winger could be a wise move. Perhaps look at a loan move for someone, like Giovani Dos Santos or Milan Badelj, but top quality is not necessary here, so cheap players will do fine here. Progressing forward, Giuly will have to be replaced, so someone of the highest quality like Chinedu Obasi would be a great signing for the right wing.

Transfer Target

Gio Dos Santos- Loan

Milan Badelj- £2m

Chinedu Obasi- £10m

Franck Tabanou- £5m

Sylvain Marveaux- £70k

Gael Kakuta- £800k

Strikers

Despite Hoarau and Mevlüt providing a real threat up front, the back up is decent but lacking any real potential. Arnaud and Boli will develop into solid players, but you'd be ambitious to consider their potential to lead them higher than that. Because of this I'd recommend bringing in some youth prospects here, who add a little competition now, and give you a base for the future.

Transfer Target

Lamine Traoré- £800k

Ahmed Khalil- £300-800k

Loic Remy- £5-8m

Sambou Yatabare- £3m

Seydou Doumbia- £5m

Romelu Lukaku- £1-2m

Damien Le Tallec- £5m (second season)

Formations

I think the two formations that would work best for PSG would either be 4-4-2 or 4-3-3.

4-4-2 would work with the current crop of players, but if you decide to sign a creative midfielder, which I think is a wise move, then 4-3-3 would suit the players better.

Picture3-1.png

Overview of 4-4-2

This formation allows the combination of Melvut and Horaru, which is a definate up-side of using it. Erdic is a good foil for Horaru, who would play as the target man, with Erdinc playing the faster mobile striker. I feel if you got those two playing well together, it ould be the key to this formation working. Despite this though, I feel the downfall of it is, your lacking a creative spark in midfield by playing both Chantome and Makélélé, who are essential players, but don't really work together. Both are quite defensive, and your lacking a link between the midfield and the strikers, something Sessegnon would partially do, but I feel he is better played in a more advanced role.

In the long term I think 4-4-2 is the way to go, but to give Chantôme and Makélélé a good amount of playing time, in season one, i'd opt to play more in the centre.

Overview of 4-3-3

The key of this formation is in, it allows Makelélélé to do what he does best in sitting in front of the defence, and breaking up attacking moves. Also it gives Chantome a perfect chance in the starting line up, working as either a box-to-box player, ball winning midfielder or even deep-lying playmaker. I feel this formation also gets the best out of Sessegnon, where he is allowed to roam around and cut in from the wing and run at people. Hoararu can play easily as a target man, with Melvut providing quality back-up and good competition. A necessity for this formation is to bring in an attacking midfielder, who can provide and score goals. The player I brought in was Rafael Van der Vaart, who I think is perfect for this position. Another option could be to bring in a left winger, and let Sessegnon play this role.

Other Formations to consider

Other formations that I feel could work are 4-3-1-2 or 4-2-3-1, (another amc would be needed for the latter) if you feel 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 aren't working. These formations keep to the strengths of the team, which I feel is in the centre of the park, with quality players like Makélélé, Chantôme and Clément, and I feel Sessgnon would flourish playing through the middle.

Summary

I hope I've convinced you that PSG are a great choice on FM 10, and If your looking for a challenge and to bring a club with little transfer funds, but big potential back to the top, then PSG are the team for you. Not having to shell out millions for Mamadou Sakho must tempt some people, no? They are a great club in a great city, with masses of potential and remember...

Paris Saint-Germain needs YOU!

So help them back to the top of Ligue 1, and overthrow Lyon's dominance!

Allez Paris!

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PSG youth facilities are quite good in FM though? Officially they are only ranked 14th in terms of developing youngsters overall in France, Rennes still very much leads the way.

La FFF a dévoilé le classement des centres de formation. Une nouvelle fois, c'est le Stade Rennais qui s'offre la première place.

Le club Breton devance Bordeaux et Monaco. Lyon est huitième tandis que Marseille pointe au 21e rang.

Classement:

1. Stade Rennais : 4223 points (catégorie 1, classe A)

2. Bordeaux : 2912 points (catégorie 1, classe A)

3. Monaco : 2904 points (catégorie 2, classe A)

4. Sochaux : 2740,5 points (catégorie 1, classe A)

5. Toulouse : 2730 points (catégorie 2, classe A)

6. Saint-Etienne : 2613 points (catégorie 1, classe A)

7. Montpellier : 2585 points (catégorie 1, classe A)

8. Lyon : 2477 points (catégorie 1, classe A)

9. Le Havre : 2445 points (catégorie 1, classe A)

10. Metz : 2354 points (catégorie 1, classe A)

11. Auxerre : 2344,5 points (catégorie 1, classe A)

12. Strasbourg: 2342,5 points (catégorie 1, classe A)

13. Nantes : 2328 points (catégorie 1, classe A)

14. Paris-SG : 2302,5 points (catégorie 1, classe A)

15. Lille : 2296 points (catégorie 1, classe A)

16. Chamois Niortais : 2051 (Perte du statut pro)

17. Troyes : 1662 (catégorie 2, classe A)

18. Châteauroux : 1644;5 points (catégorie 2, classe A)

19. Lens : 1634 points (catégorie 1, classe A)

20. Nancy : 1594 points (catégorie 1, classe A)

21. Marseille : 1437 points (catégorie 2, classe A)

22. Caen : 1270 points (catégorie 1, classe A)

23. Bastia : 1253 points (catégorie 2, classe A)

24. Le Mans : 1209 points (catégorie 2, classe A)

25. Guingamp : 1143 points (catégorie 2, classe B)

26. Amiens : 1122 points (catégorie 2, classe A)

27. Nice : 1020 points (catégorie 2, classe A)

28. Lorient : 1014 points (catégorie 2, classe A)

29. Grenoble : 873,5 points (catégorie 2, classe B)

30. Sedan : 846 points (catégorie 2, classe B)

31. Gueugnon : 693 points (catégorie 2, classe B)

32. Reims : 40 points (catégorie 2, classe C)

Although there a multiple factors in how the FFF works this out. :thup:

Thanks guys. :D

Yeah, I think perhaps the youth facilities are a little underrated (they are 'good' in the game), because PSG are developing some really top quality talent atm. I think this is just coming about now though, they haven't produced anyone world class in a while before now, so it's understandable.

I agree about Ogenda, Hopey, he is meant to be great in real life. :(

Is there anything I missed in the OP?

Just let me know and I'll add it in. Anymore transfer targets would be great too. :)

I did it!!!!! :D:D

Picture1.png

the screenshot speaks for itself.

Hanging on for dear life for about 20 minutes to go at the end.

Loving this save, sitting second with 14 points after 6 games. Unbeaten so far :cool:

I'll post all of my transfers and my results either once I finish the demo or half way through.

Haha, I know. Two screamers as well.

Actually not at all so far, playing Chantôme and Makélélé in the centre with Sessegnon and VDV more advanced. Should probably start to give him a few games, he looks fairly poor to begin with though, but hopefully he'll develop quickly. Teams playing really well atm, so I'll give him a few sub appearences and see how he gets along.

Started a game too...

my transfers:

PLAYERS IN

| Date | Person | From | Fee |

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 11.7.2009 | van Nistelrooy, Ruud | R. Madrid | € 1,8M |

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 12.7.2009 | Guti | R. Madrid | € 2,3M |

| 13.7.2009 | Opare, Daniel | R. Madrid | € 300K |

| 14.7.2009 | Muniesa, Marc | Barcelona | € 100K |

| 17.7.2009 | Andrade, Jorge | Free Transfer | Free |

| 31.8.2009 | Jørgensen, Mathias | FC København | € 3M |

| 31.8.2009 | Contra, Cosmin | Getafe | € 450K |

| | Total | | € 8M |

| | | | |

PLAYERS OUT

| Date | Person | To | Fee |

| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 11.7.2009 | Bourillon, Grégory | AS Monaco FC | € 2,2M |

| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 12.7.2009 | Luyindula, Peguy | AS Monaco FC | Ln Fee € 525K |

| 19.7.2009 | Baning, Albert | FC Sochaux-Montbé | € 675K |

| 5.8.2009 | Véron, Stéphane | FC Gueugnon | Free |

| 6.8.2009 | Grondin, Willy | FC Metz | Loan |

| 6.8.2009 | Courbera, Jérémy | USBCO | Ln Fee € 85K |

| 7.8.2009 | Arnaud, Loris | USBCO | Ln Fee € 110K |

| 7.8.2009 | Edel, Apoula | A.C. Milan | € 675K |

| 18.8.2009 | Partouche, Maxime | Girondins Bordeaux | € 275K |

| 18.8.2009 | Dja Djédjé, Brice | La Berrichonne | € 120K |

| 23.8.2009 | Maurice, Jean-Eudes| La Berrichonne | € 400K |

| 23.8.2009 | Bolongo, Ted | AS Beauvais Oise | Free |

| | Total | | € 5M |

| | | | |

STORY

so far, first after 4 games, scored 7 goals and only conceded once. Playing 4-4-2 Diamond Small. (with DMC, MC, MC, AMC).

Jorge Andrade is rocksteady, Guti the architect and Giuly my top goalscorer playing as AMC!

Dirkjan

Some great signings there mate. Jorge Andrade was amazing for me along side Sakho. Great for a free transfer. Mathias Jorgenson was a bit of a gem last year too, hopefully he's up to the same standards or better ;)

Well done on getting rid of Luyindula too. Are they paying all of his wages?

30k a week for a player who didn't play once for me is a joke tbh.

Also well done with Lyon. It is some feeling when you beat them :D

London Boy

I hope you do give it a go mate, I really enjoyed them on the demo :)

It's a great save.

End of Demo Update

Transfers

In-

Rafael van der Vaart- Loan fee £1.1m (future fee £7m)

Jorge Andrade- Free

Sofiane Feghouli- 7m

Rafael van der Vaart was probably my best player, playing at AMC he scored and assisted like crazy and ran the team playing as the playmaker. A real bargain at an overall price of 8m, I'd really recommend him. Jorge Andrade was also a great signing, and was a rock in defence playing alongside the prodigy, Sakho. Around November the board gave me another 9m to spend, so I made use of my Joker Transfer and signed in 'The Next Zidane' (or shall we say the next Gourcuff) Sofiane Feghouli for the slightly high price of 7m. As it was the demo Feghouli didn't have much time to impress, and only played in four games, starting only 1.

Out-

Sammy Traore- 625k

Tried my hardest to get rid of Luyindula, but no one was willing to even take him for free (due to his wages) so he had to rot in my reserves. Sammy Traore was the oldest, and I feel worst, centre back in the team, and with Andrade coming in, I shipped Sammy of to Grenoble.

Team Performance

Picture2-2.png

Key Players

Ludovic Giuly- Perhaps surprisingly, Giuly proved to be my best player for the first 6 or 7 games playing fantastic on the right, but fell away a little after an injury losing his place on the wing to Sessegnon. Still a valuable player despite his age.

Guillhame Hoararu- Coming back from his injury at the beginning, Hoararu slotted into my team playing as the taget man, either by himself or with Mevlut or Arnaud playing just off of him. He really scores a lot, and is great at linking up play, so he became the spearhead of most of my attacks, ending up as top goal scorer.

Rafael van der Vaart- Probably my best player throughout the whole demo, he ran the show at AMC, ripping teams apart with his passing and creativity. Scored a few screamers and free kicks, a very valuable player to be in any team, and great for the price.

Others- I was impressed by quite a few players including Mëvlut and Arnaud, who both have a knack of scoring, and always impressed when given the chance. Players like Sakho and Chantôme were solid, and very rarely had a bad game, along with Andrade who really impressed me at centre back. Sessegnon had some moments of brilliance, but I found him a little inconsistant, and struggled to find his best position.

Formations

Picture8.png

After trying out many formations I found these two (odd, I know) formations to work best for the team, creating both width and space in the middle. van der Vaart in the middle was fantastic in either of these, and depending on who was available between Mevlüt and Giuly, I would chose on the formation. Towards the end I was favoring the 4-4-2 Asymmetric, as I preferred playing two up top, and Mevlüt was playing great just off Hoararu.

Results

Picture5.png

Best Result

Lyon or Bordeaux 3-2

Worst Result

Marseille 0-4

League Table

Picture11.png

Ending the demo in a solid 3rd, level on points with Marseille. 8 points between us and Bordeaux in fourth, the team has shown they are us there with the best in France. Pretty strong position to be in come January, and perhaps still in with a slight chance of pipping Lyon to the title (yeah right), but overall really happy with the overall performance in the league.

Future

Cannot wait for the game to come out tomorrow, and I'll probably start a new one with PSG, instead of continuing this one, as fun as it was.

On the upside I was the only team to beat them, Hopey :cool:

Just started a new game with PSG on the full version, going to try out some new players I think.

Already signed two youngsters from Dinamo, Badelj and Kramaric, supposedly the new Eduardo and Modric.

Looking for a cheap centre half, but if all else fails I'll go for freebie Andrade again.

And don't worry Hopey, Lyon are going down this time ;)

Got a bid accepted for him for 4.8m over 48 months plus 15% of profit from next sale.

Sound alright?

Should have the two best defenders in the game in a few years if I get him :D

Sakho and Otamendi will send shivers down opposing strikers spines.

Scared Lyon, are ya!?

Got the % fee off, and cheekily got the bid down to 4.6m over 48 months.

Seems like a bit of a bargain. :cool:

Think I'll give Diego Renan a go if I can get him, looks like a really good attacking full back, thanks for that HoPey. :thup:

Teams shaping up nicely.

Finished 5th in the first season, so not so good. Team was very inconsistant :(

At least it gives me area to improve upon though.

I'll post a season update later.

Looking to try and progress, so with Coupet and Makélélé barely able to move, I'll try and replace them. Preferably with French players :cool:

Goalkeeper Targets- Yohann Pelé, Stéphane Ruffier and Lukasz Fabianski

I'm currently leaning towards Pelé, due to him being older (will try and bring Areola up), so if I buy a young keeper like Ruffier, by the time Areola is ready, Ruffier will just be reaching his prime. So I'm thinking of bringing Pelé in for around 9m, as I've been unsettling him and Ruffier all season, and he wants to leave.

Does Pelé sound good enough? Any other suggestions?

Defensive Midfielder Targets- Moussa Sissoko, Etienne Capoue and Blaise Matuidi.

A replacement for Makélélé will need to sit in front of the defence, and hold the ball and play balls through to the strikers or the wings. I think any of these players will fit, but atm I am looking towards Etienne Capoue, due to him being cheaper, and I actually feel he has better attributes than Sissoko. Also he has PSG as his favoured team, so thats always a plus. There's also Matuidi who I've always been a fan of, who will cost around 9m, so he is always an option if Sissoko or Capoue fall through. I don't just want to bring in Toulouse players btw, they actually just happen to fit the best ;)

So I'm looking towards Capoue to replace the legendary Makélélé, sound alright? Any other options?

Well that has confused me a little HoPeY ;)

Sissoko, probably costs too much, they're wanting about 15m for him. Not sure I want to pay that for him, and is he much better than Capoue or Matuidi?

I've put in 9m for Capoue and Matuidi, so i'll see what happens there. :)

As for a keeper, Toulouse are asking for a bit much for Pelé, so I'll probably have to look elsewhere there. Scouting Ochoa and Riou, but I kind of just wanted a solid, experienced keeper who is already at his peak, so I can replace him when Areola is ready. Any ideas in that case?

Yeah Moussa isn't cheap but he so good, now and in the medium/long term. Blaise and Coupe are both very good players, Blaise looks abit worse normally do to his physical stats but both will do a fine job. Capoue is abit more versatile so that is useful as-well.

Neuer? I mean Akinfeev is another option but he might be too much. Stekelenburg is an outsider but worth a look to see how he looks, same applies to Viviano? What about Renan from Botafogo? Or Ustari?

Outside bet, maybe F.Marchetti? Wiese?

Ochoa would be my bet though, ace goalkeeper perfect to fill the void before Areola.

Cheers HoPeY :thup: Always a great help

Got a 8.25m bid accepted for Matuidi, which seems like a pretty sweet deal. Can't get Capoue for less than 10.5m, so I think Matuidi is the right choice :)

As for a keeper, Riou for 3m? Ochoa is more expensive, about 8-9m they want.

Scouted a few of the keepers you've mentioned. Ustari looks pretty good, and Stekelenburg is an option.

Thanks again man, much appreciated.

haha, you sound uncertain. Top keepers really are worth their weight in gold though, very expensive for a good one.

Stekelenburg isn't interested :(

Do you rate Yohann Pele at all?

I'd say it's either him, Riou for 3m or Ochoa for 8m.

Why, oh why is Landreau gone :( he was excellent for me in 09.

i started pretty well in my PSG game (unbeaten in 5) then slumped to a 6 game losing streak, rounded off with a 4-1 home hammering by Nancy.

Hopefully going to be able to get back to winning ways but am already 10points adrift so a euro place looks unlikely already :(

Nice one Karanda :thup:

Good to finally have some new posters in here lol ;)

I had an inconsistant first season too. Sat in ninth for a while, but a late surge towards the end got me up to 5th.

Who have you signed/sold so far?

Getting along nicely in my second season, in december, sitting 2nd, two points off Lyon in first.

Sessegnon is on fie atm too :cool:

Cheers lewis, karanda and everyone who has started a game with PSG. Decided to make this my first game on FM 10 as I've always favoured PSG in France. Don't get me wrong, I've nothing against Lyon and they've a brilliant and versatile squad, but where's the challenge in managing them, lads? ;)

Anyway, despite having a bit of an injury issue with Hoarau injuring himself just after returning from the one he starts the game with (he'd managed 3 substitute appearances in trying to get back to match fitness, and notched 2 goals including a late winner), Sassegnon going down for 3 weeks on international duty and a couple of my players coming down with the flu at the most inopportune time, I've found that the squad depth at CM is fantastic and helped me cope.

My start has been good. We've scored the most goals in the league, although admittedly we're leaking more goals than we should be.

I'd started with a 4-4-2 diamond formation with Makelele playing as the anchor man and Sassegnon in the hole, but aforementioned injuries forced me to tinker with that. Let's just say that Chantome has shown my why he's so highly rated on these forums. He seized his chance and playing as a box-to-box midfielder his form has been immense for me. Don't think I can drop him now...

For lack of more to say that screenshots couldn't do a a better job of, I'll just lastly state that Sakho is every bit as good as advertised. He did something against Lyon that I'll show you which greatly endeared himself to me...and at what, 19, I've found that he's not looking intimidated by the role of vice captain. :thup:

Oh, almost forgot to mention...despite only having a long shots attribute of 12, does anyone find that Erdinc can score some crackers? He scored an absolute PEACH for me off the underside of the bar - how it wasn't goal of the month is a travesty! :D

TRANSFERS IN:

Euzebiusz "Ebi" Smolarek - Free

Felt I needed some extra depth at the striker position, especially as 2 of our forwards start the game nursing long term injuries. Being Polish, I know this player's upsides and downsides very well and felt he could do a job for me. To be honest, I've got more or less what I've expected from him so far. A goal and 2 assists in 6 league games certainly isn't setting the world alight by any means, although to be fair his tally should read 2 goals as a goal he should've been given credit for was inexplicably classed as an own goal. I'm sure he'll be relegated to the bench once Hoarau regains full fitness, with the occasional start here and there, of course.

Sergey Krivets - 1.2M

Since I always planned to play Sassegnon in a role behind the 2 strikers, I needed a left sided midfielder. Krivets fit the bill, being both cheap and young. He's been nothing short of a hit from the start. The fans have fallen over themselves in heaping praise on the Belarussian already. Being right footed, he has a tendency to cut inside a lot....and to be honest, I'm hoping that his shooting will improve with time, as the quality of his efforts is definitely mixed. Some are excellent, some are tame and right at the keeper...and he selfishly attempts too many shots when there are better options. Still, a return of 2 goals and 3 assists with an avg. rating of 7.36 from 7 league games is excellent and I'm certainly not going to complain too much.

LEAGUE RESULTS: (bold indicicates PSG scorer) (A) Montpellier 2-4 (Krivets 10, Spahic o.g. 51, Delaye 54, Camara 58, Giuly 83, Sassegnon 88)

(H) Le Mans 2-2 (Lamah 1 and 9, Sassegnon 19, Erdinc 72)

(A) Valenciennes 0-2 (Sakho 10, Hoarau 75)

(H) Lille 2-1 (Erdinc 31, Jarosik 42, Hoarau 68)

(A) AS Monaco 1-4 (Chantome 16 and 22, Erdinc 41, Smolarek 69, Coutadeur 71)

(H) Lyon 2-1 (Sakho 15, Chantome 60, Lyon's Balmont sent off 68, Clerc 71)

(A) Lorient 2-4 (Vahirua 4, Clement 14, Erdinc 45, Giuly 46, Krivets 57)

Giuly has proven that he's not too old for this and has 2 goals and 5 assists with a 7.37 avg rating from the 7 league games.

TABLE:

psgtable.th.png

BWZ_Tomek

Very nice to have you here mate ;)

Lovely start to the season, unbeaten so far :cool: very impressive.

Signings are good, always liked Krivets on 09, looks like he's had a great start. Still has great potential too.

Smolarek is also good on a free, should be good backup to Erdinç and Hoarau, there is minimal back up to them at the start.

How are you in the centre back position? Who do you play?

Obviously Sakho, but I never really thought much of Camara and Traore.

You'll get around 9 million added to your budjet around november, so perhaps an area to improve on?

And Chantôme is fantastic, a very solid player, tough to decide between him and Makélélé in the first season though. I actually played two defensive mids in the first season, just because I couldn't decide.

And I know what you mean about Erdinç, he scores from everywhere and anywhere for me. He's a great player.

Anyways looks like your getting along nicely. Keep up the good work mate. :):thup:

I played as PSG in the demo with a flat 4-4-2 and was 2nd behind Nancy on goal difference. I went with Erdinc upfront as a Poacher and Giuly next to him as a Deep Lying Support Forward until Hoarau came back and Erdinc was dropped to the bench and Giuly became the Poacher. I played Sessagnon as a right winger and my only purchase Scott Chipperfield on the left. Sessagnon had about 9 assists and Chipperfied about 7 with the odd goal thrown in. In the heart of the midfield Makele was a ball winning tyro and Chantome did the job with a lot of assists. In defence I had Ceara at right back Armand on the left with Camara and Sakho at the heart of the defence and Coupet in goal. I conceeded a fair few goals but I was banging in more.

Lol that was the demo when I got the full game I played West Ham and struggled to the end of January before being sacked. I then tried Bolton and was sacked in December. To me the full version of the game seemed harder so I decided to start a full game with PSG using the tactic I used in the demo. Things did not go well sacked in mid December. My team were creating heaps of chances but were failing to convert. So I don't know why something that worked so well in the demo didn't work in the full version as I was playing the same players except Chipperfield in the same positions. Anyway pretty keen to get through a full season so I have started a Barcelona game where I'm 2nd in the league in mid December and easily through the group stage of CL. So hopefully I can keep it together and make it through season 1.

Pearce09 strangly the same kind of thing happened to me.

I got on pretty great with PSG in the demo playing a certain formation, but it didn't work at all in the full game.

I ended up third by the end of the demo, and the formation was working a treat, but when I started a new game on the full version, I used the same formation, but struggled and spent a lot of time down in 9th and 10th place. Not really sure why it happened, but I felt the full game was a little harder too.

Unlucky with PSG, but good luck with Barca, hopefully you get on a bit better with them :)

First season I managed to finish second, 9 points behind Champions Lyon.

My star man was Van der Vart who was my top scorer playing being the front 2 in a 4-1-2-1-2 formation. Though I only signed him on loan and he wasn't interested in signing errantly. Have replaced him with Thomas Rosiky on a free from Arsenal. My two other major first season signings were also on loan Van Nistelrooy and Milito from Barca.

I did spend £7m on Dudu, which in hindsight may not have been the best use of my finances.

The board have given me £12m to spend second season for my Champions League campaign, which isn't much considering I need a CB, CF and DM to replace Makele. Will have to be lots of deals over 48 months!

My major problem is the wages of Kezman, Rothen etc who aren't in my first team plans, but are getting paid a fortune.

pj7_99

Sounds like a great first season mate :thup: Well done.

Rosicky is a great signing for this season actually, he's a great Attacking mid, every bit as good as van der Vaart imo.

Is that Dudu from Cruzeiro? He actually looks brilliant on my game if it is him.

Getting rid of Kezman, Rothen and Luyindula is near impossible tbh. I tried and tried, but know one wants to touch them with a barge pole. I've just had to wait it out until their contracts run out at the end of the second season. Tough as it is, there is very little other option :( Try and get Luyindula out on loan at someone, Monaco took him at 50% of his wages on mine, which is better than you paying all of them and him sitting in the reserves.

12m is decent enough, but I got 21m in my second season, and brought in Matuidi, Ochoa and Mouhamadou Dabo. They've all been great.

For you though I would say GK would be priority number 1. Coupet will not last another season, and unfortuantley Aréola still won't be up to the mark. So honestly you'll need to bring a keeper in. If your stuggling for money, then look at Remy Riou who will cost very little and is decent, or someone like Enyeama. If your willing to spend about 7-8m then Ochoa really is world class, so look no further than him.

For striker you should maybe only bring in someone cheap, because Mevlüt and Hoarau are great, and if you have Dudu, you won't need much more backup. Maybe someone like Andrej Kramaric or a young french striker.

Who are you looking at for CB and DMC?

Ask your board for more funds if you can. Seems strange that they given you so little, because I spent 12m on Obasi in January in the first season, then still got 21m for the second season.

Also where do you fit Sessegnon into your formation? He is amazing for me, just curious where you would play him if Rosicky plays AMC.

Anyway well done in your first season :thup: looks like your gonna have to spend wisely in the second though ;)

Let me know how you get along.

BWZ_Tomek

How are you in the centre back position? Who do you play?

Obviously Sakho, but I never really thought much of Camara and Traore.

You'll get around 9 million added to your budjet around november, so perhaps an area to improve on?

At CB Sakho is immense as expected. He's already playing like one of the game's finest center-halves. As my vice captain, he is unbeatable in the air, decent at distribution, and in the games where he stands in for Makelele as captain, he's an even bigger tower of strength. He plays with a lot of fire - have to hold on to him forever. :D

After trying Traore initially as his partner, I wasn't impressed. He was constantly getting caught out for pace and in general not being commanding, which is vital for a CB. I then tried Bourillon at the back and though there have been one or two bumps in the road along the way, his performances have been pretty pleasing. Only now am I starting to shore up the issues I had at the back...

I've now reached late November and like you said mate, I got some additional funds to play with. In total I have just over 11M to do something creative with. Not sure what I want to do with it, if I'm honest. Was thinking to get a soild GK thinking in advance for next season? But then I thought of signing Otamendi while I still can? And then I was tempted by the potential of the Brazilian left-back Dodo...although Armand is doing a solid job for me in the position at the moment...decisions, decisions, eh? :)

To be honest, I've identified 2-3 targets that I'd kill to sign, but unless I can sell a few players I don't believe I'll be able to do that yet. I'd love to sign Moussa Sissoko from Toulouse. Granted, CM is a position of strength like we discussed. But his stats, along with the fact that he's young and French and Makelele's impending retirement make it difficult not to want to snap him up.

Another target is his Toulouse teammate - Gignac. That man is absolutely tearing the league to shreds. He's scored an utterly astounding 14 goals in 13 league games. I'm jealous, to be honest! He'd look beautiful in a PSG kit. :eek:

And finally...probably every PSG or indeed French league manager's wet dream...Yoann Gourcuff...but I'll put the pipe down on that one for now...thinking there's no way I'll be able to get him yet.

So picking up where we left on previously...I had been top by 3 points over Lyon after 7 games. I had just come off an impressive 2-4 away win against Lorient...

Now, I'm no longer unbeaten as you'll see, but my season has been going rather well nonetheless.

LEAGUE RESULTS: (bold indicates PSG scorer)

(H) AS Nancy Lorraine 2-1 (Smolarek 15, Feret 18, Giuly pen. 42

(A) Toulouse 2-1 (Gignac 12, Erdinc 16, Sissoko 80)

Gignac kept up his torrid scoring pace heading in from a corner, Erdinc's composed finish hit them on the break and I'd been content to counter their attacks all game. Just when it looked like we'd get a point out of the game, Sissoko connected with a screamer to give his team the spoils.

(A) OM 0-4 (Erdinc 18, 23, Chantome 37, Smolarek 50)

There's only one way to describe this performance - scintillating, if a bit unexpected. We absolutely taught them a lesson in counter attacking football. Our passing into was incsive, we found players tearing forward into acres of space time and time again. And our end product was there on the day - lethal finishing, a joy to behold. Chantome's 25 yard curler was too good for words.

(H) RC Lens 2-0 (Erdinc 26, 89, Kovacevic red carded 86)

(A) Sochaux 2-2 (Smolarek 7, Chantome 25, Sverkos pen. 68, Belay 78)

Very disappointed at how we gave up our 2 goal lead. Erdinc hauled one of them down for the penalty shortly after coming on as a sub, and the equaliser was conceded from a corner. However, I blame myself for sitting on the lead a bit too early perhaps. Another majestic drive from Chantome - who I've come to call "The French Steven Gerrard" was hardly consolation for 2 points dropped.

(H) OGC Nice 2-0 (Erdinc 33, Makelele 81)

A comfortable win for us, pleased to keep the clean sheet at Parc des Princes again. Erdinc brought his tally to 10 in the league and Makelele of all people provided the insurance! It was a deflected effort that maybe should've been recorded as an own goal, but I'm sure Claude will take it!

ligueun13games.th.png

So maybe with a little bit of strengthening with the 11M I've now got, we can go on and indeed do the unthinkable?! I'm certainly anxious to see if my side has it in them when the run-in arrives and it's inevitably squeaky-bum time...

Cheers Lewis-16

Yeah Dudu is good, just have a wealth of AMC's, also have James Rodriguez who is going to be a top player.

I've not been to impressed with the two strikers so far, only managed 18 goals between them and Van Der Vaart scored more than that.

I'm playing Sessegnon as the attacking one of my midfield 2, hasn't been great would be more suited to AMC but no room for him!

CB wise ive just got Henrique from Barca, bargain at 2.9m.

I'll check out some of those players you have recommended as funds are tight!

I've now reached late November and like you said mate, I got some additional funds to play with. In total I have just over 11M to do something creative with. Not sure what I want to do with it, if I'm honest. Was thinking to get a soild GK thinking in advance for next season? But then I thought of signing Otamendi while I still can? And then I was tempted by the potential of the Brazilian left-back Dodo...although Armand is doing a solid job for me in the position at the moment...decisions, decisions, eh?

To be honest, I've identified 2-3 targets that I'd kill to sign, but unless I can sell a few players I don't believe I'll be able to do that yet. I'd love to sign Moussa Sissoko from Toulouse. Granted, CM is a position of strength like we discussed. But his stats, along with the fact that he's young and French and Makelele's impending retirement make it difficult not to want to snap him up.

Out of them, I'd say Otamendi is probably a good choice. He's pretty shakey though, and makes a few mistakes, but I'm sticking by him at the moment. He's been good of late, and has actually had a great season for me, and somehow won the Ligue 1 Most Promising Player Award, which I though was pretty cool :cool:

So perhaps getting him cheap now while you can is an idea, you can always make a profit on him too, if you change your mind later.

A GK is also essential, but I waited til season 2 to address that, as Coupet can still put in a shift. I bought Ochoa who has been sublime, my coached rave about him and he has kept me in games at times. So if your looking for a keeper then Ochoa for about 7-8m is a steal imo.

As for a left back, I don't really think anyone is necessary. Armand is solid, and Tripy Makonda is actually a great prospect if you give him some game time. He's my first choice left back now and going strong, great player if developed well.

I'd also probably wait to bring in another dmc, if it was me. Makélélé is still very good, and with Clément, Chantômeand even Bourillon providing cover here, you should be set til season two. Strengthening here is probably essential in season two though, and someone like Moussa would be fantastic. I personally signed Matuidi, who is great, and sticking to the French theme Etienne Capoue also looks promising, if you can get him at a decent price.

Another target is his Toulouse teammate - Gignac. That man is absolutely tearing the league to shreds. He's scored an utterly astounding 14 goals in 13 league games. I'm jealous, to be honest! He'd look beautiful in a PSG kit.

And finally...probably every PSG or indeed French league manager's wet dream...Yoann Gourcuff...but I'll put the pipe down on that one for now...thinking there's no way I'll be able to get him yet.

Honestly, I don't think you need someone like Gignac, as good as he is. Mevlüt and Hoarau are a pretty much perfect combination for the french league, and combine pace and power to great effect. If you were to get rid of Erdinç though for the same amount as you could bring Gignac in, then I have to agree, that would be tempting. If you can though, bring in a young striker with potential, so you have decent back up for your front two.

And Gourcuff is honestly a fantasy lol :( He's great, but he would never come to lowly PSG, nevermind convincing Bordeaux to sell in the first place! He is out of our league, he's out of Bordeaux's league even! If he was to leave it would be to one of Europe's elite, he certainly deserves to be there. But by all means if you can get him, grab that opportunity and never look back.

My Advice

Buy Otamendi, or some other centre back of quality.

Bring in either one of Moussa Sissoko, Etienne Capoue or Blaise Matuidi.

Bring in a great Keeper i.e. someone like Ochoa

Look at buying a young striker with potential to challenge Mevlüt and Hoarau.

and last but not least... Try and forget about Gourcuff :( I did a long time ago...

My Update

Just finished my second season, finishing 2nd in the league. I'll try and post a full update later tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks for the helpful post, Lewis. Nice to know that all my typing hasn't gone to waste. :)

Looking to secure Otamendi now, even though Bourillon and Sakho have been a steady partnership. I may stipulate that Otamendi can come at the end of the season since I don't want to disrupt a good thing, you know? Oh, and I know all about the need for a DMC. As I mentioned, Moussa Sissoko is my ideal signing for the position - we'll see what can be done about signing him. With signing Otamendi, I won't be able to sign him until the summer. I'll be very interested to see how much I get to spend, considering I'll very likely qualify for the CL - and I know it varies from game to game.

Anyway, great to see this thread active! KUTGW everyone!

Allez PSG

Archived