FM10 : Official Bordeaux Thread - In Gourcuff We Trust

boomheadshot45

Welcome to the FC Girondins de Bordeaux Thread

504px-Girondins_Bordeaux_Logo.svg.png

Information

Year Founded: 1881

Legends: Alan Giresse

Icons: Alain Roche, Patrick Battiston, Bixente Lizarazu, Zinedine Zidane, Marius Trésor, Jean Tigana

Fierce Rivals: OM

Other Rivals: FC Nantes, Toulouse FC, Paris-Saint Germain, AS Saint-Etienne, Olympique Lyon

Finances: Secure

Average Ticket Price: $37.30

Average Season Ticket: $673

Season Ticket Holders: 15,900

Estimated Value: $144mil

Transfer Budget: $8.5mil (Title Winner)

Wage Budget: $835k (Title Winner), $709k currently being spent on wages

Continental Competition: ECC (CL)

Media Prediction: 3rd

Kits

3maillots-1.jpg

History

An all-round sports club was created as Girondins de Bordeaux on February 1, 1882 or October 1, 1881, depending on sources. It was not until 1910, when put under pressure by Raymond Brard that football became the over-riding sport. The first official Premier match took place in 1919.

Le Girondins became professional in 1937. This was after clubs Sporting Club de la Bastidenne and Club Deportivo Espagnol de Bordeaux had come and gone, as well as their offspring, FC Hispano-Bastidenne. They decided to rest two seasons before becoming professional.

Bordeaux captured their first Coupe de France in 1941 farther beating SC Fives 2-0. It would be 45 years before they would reclaim the title, after six failed attempts.

In 1949/50 Bordeaux became champions of Ligue 1 just a year after being champions of Ligue 2, with André Gérard one of the main people in their quest for the title. Bordeaux's defence became known as the "impenetrable fortress". Of these, three names were most significant, the names of De Harder, Kargu and Libar.

Time went on and Bordeaux declined in form until 1979-80 when, after thirteen weeks they sacked their manager and within nine months brought in Raymond Goethals, successful with Anderlecht with his own renowned tactics. However he lasted no longer than a single calendar year and later they brought in Aimé Jacquet.

During the eighties, Bordeaux won three Ligues, two Coupes de France, and qualified several consecutive years for European competition. A comparative slide over the next ten years followed, until in the early nineties Bordeaux were relegated to the second division for financial reasons. The rebirth, however, was immediate after some flowing football not only secured immediate promotion back to Ligue 1, but meant that not so many years later, Bordeaux were constantly frequenting Europe. This remains so to this day, with their prowess bringing them titles including a 1996 UEFA Cup final.

* Ligue 1 Championship 6:

1949–50, 1983–84, 1984–85, 1986–87, 1998–99, 2008–09.

* Ligue 2 Championship 1:

1991–92.

* Coupe de France 3:

1941, 1986, 1987.

* Coupe de la Ligue 3:

2002, 2007, 2009

* Trophée des champions 3:

1986, 2008, 2009

* Coppa delle Alpi

* UEFA Intertoto Cup 1:

* UEFA Cup

Runners-up (1): 1995-96

Most recently, Bordeaux landed the loan that would deliver them the Ligue 1 title. Yoann Gourcuff, after failing to crack the starting eleven, was sent on a season long loan to Bordeaux. Gourcuff quickly became an integral part of the starting XI. Gourcuff and Bordeaux won the league title and the Coup de la Ligue, their first ever double. Gourcuff recieved several accolades for his performance during the 08/09 season, including: Ligue 1 Player of the Year, a spot on the Ligue 1 Team of the Year, and Goal of the Season (a beautiful Marseille turn followed by a right foot cracker). After attempts of persuasion by Uncle Fester (Galliani) and Leonardo, Gourcuff denied any speculation, and his move was made permanent May 28th, for an undisclosed fee between the realm of €13 to €15 million.

Squad

BORDEAUX SQUAD: GOALKEEPERS

* Cedric Carasso

* Ulrich Rame

BORDEAUX SQUAD: DEFENDERS

* Michael Ciani

* Henrique

* Franck Jurietti

* Diego Placente

* Mathieu Chalme

* Ludovic Sane

* Marc Planus

* Benoît Tremoulinas

BORDEAUX SQUAD: MIDFIELDERS

* Alou Diarra

* Fernando Menegazzo

* Yoan Gouffran

* Yoann Gourcuff

* Paul Lasne

* Wendel

* Jaroslav Plasil

* Gregory Sertic

* Abdou Traore

BORDEAUX SQUAD: FORWARDS

* Fernando Cavenaghi

* Jussiê

* David Bellion

* Henri Saivet

* Marouane Chamakh

Squad Analysis

Goal Keepers:

Carasso is your best keeper. Pretty good stats. You don't need to replace him, as other areas are needed for improvement.

Ulrich is pretty old at the age of 36. But he'll be a decent back up. Vincent Enyeama would be a nice target if you are looking for a good and cheap keeper.

Fullbacks

Jurietti is old (34) and you can definitely tell. His only asset is his mental attributes.

Placente is another oldie (32) and he's also pretty mediocre. Not very good at defending.

Benoît Trémoulinas is both footed, and that is pretty much the only thing going for him. Again, bad defending but his crossing is 15 and he is pretty quick (Acceleration 16).

Compared to the other fullbacks, Matthieu Chalmé is good. His marking (12) lets you down, but his mental attributes and set piece abilities make up for it.

Centerbacks

Planus is average, nothing special here except for his tackling (17). His first touch his pretty bad (11), so try to limit his time on the ball.

Michaël Ciani is solid at the back except for his marking (13). He is pretty well balanced in the mental attribute area.

Henrique is your rock at the back, even with the occasional lapse in concentration (12, decisions 13).

Ludovic Sané is pretty young for a CB at the age of 22. With training and tutoring, he could be pretty good.

Defensive Midfielders:

Fernando is a fairly good DM. Good long shots (15) and good passing (15).

Diarra is your best DM. Great physical attributes, good heading (17), great tackling (16), and great determination (17). But he is costing you $82k per week.

Midfielders

Plasil isn't worth keeping, I would sell him right off the bat. Wendel is a great player to have in the center of the pitch. Great passing and good set piece ability. Sertic is a young player at the age of 19. His main asset is his free kick ability. I would loan him out, then tutor him, and decide if he is part of your first team plans. Gourcuff is your best player, and one of the best players in the game. You are paying him $145k for a reason. He is a beast at dribbling, great first touch, great free kick ability, amazing passing and technique, and solid mental stats. Try to keep him for as long as possible (i.e. win big silverware!!!). Saivet isn't anywhere near his FM09 CA and PA. He looks pretty bad in the beginning, but he'll become useful later. Loan him if you believe he won't get much playing time. Jussie has been downgraded a fair amount. I would sell him and bring in a cheaper option. Gouffran is pretty good and he's versatile (main position is ST, but too many better options there so play him out on the wing). Try to keep him. But he has "Shoots from Distance" PPM so I would advise him to work on removing that PPM.

Forwards

Chamakh is a great target man. Not the best at finishing, but can get people involved. Cavenaghi is a beast. With his finishing at 17, composure and off the ball at 16, and penalty taking at 18, he will get you a lot of goals. And to round it off, he has the PPM "Places Shots." Bellion should be an immediate sell, he's atrocious. I would bring in another striker.

Conclusion

Bordeaux is a really fun team to play with. Gourcuff is vital to your success, so you will have to find a way to involve him (Advanced playmaker maybe?) in most of the team's activity. There is significant room for improvement, and the ECC will be tough. Good luck!

(I'll add specific transfer targets after I play a bit more).

After attempts of persuasion by Uncle Fester (Galliani) and Leonardo, Gourcuff denied any speculation, and his move was made permanent May 28th, for an undisclosed fee between the realm of €13 to €15 million.

Trust me as a Milan fan this hurts. He would have been so valuable to them this season. I'm not sure what Galliani has against French players. This was just a bad decision, but I'm not sure what was the deal with Aly Cissoko. Also, they had Hugo Lloris all but signed last year. He wanted to come but wanted reassurance on playing time. Apparently the answer wasn't to his liking and he, like Cissoko went on to Lyon instead.

Yeah Oktoverfest I'm a Milan fan too. Watching him makes me feel so sad yet happy for him. Ancelotti said that he had psychiatric issues or something like an idiot. I haven't been updating you guys on my season because in all of my games I can't really interact. Basically, whenever there are one or two options in the bottom right like when a player has signed, accept or withdraw options, they aren't there or when I click on the circle "_____ would be an ideal role model for _______" I can't click the accept button in the right. Without that I really can't play (not being able to sign, not being able to do anything when the red necessary messages pop up). So I hope you guys will update your games. I'll be doing that when the full game comes out, but until then I'll be commenting on your games.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I would join the party and start a Bordeaux save, so I did just that and have reached the middle of January 2010. As it stands I am sat first in the league quite comfortably, came top of my champions league group despite it being rather tough with Chelsea, Wolfsburg and AZ in it, won 4 drew 2.

Transfers:- Picked up Ruud for the amazing asking price of £0 to rotate with a recently disappointing chamakh. Sandro has a £7.5 buy option and the other transfers speak for them selves really.

fcgirondinsdebordeaux2.th.png

Squad :- It's a bit thin defensively, number wise it's fine just the quality in the full back positions is lacking

fcgirondinsdebordeaux.th.png

Fomation and Super Ruud scoring 4, admitedly against an atrocious opposition in the cup

ileroussevgirondinsbord.th.png

League one as it stands :-

ligue1g.th.png

Finally i'll update you on my progress at the end of the season and maybes the end of the transfer window.

Screenshots should be a bit more visible now i hope.

Well the season ended with me winning the League without losing all season (run lasted 53 games, lost too Nantes of all teams). Managed to lift the champions league as well with some sterling performances from chamakh, he scored in both legs of the quarter and semi finals against liverpool and Inter respectively. He managed a brace in the final against Chelsea in a 3-0 demolition job. Also won the French cup 3-0 against Marseilles, lost to Montpelier in the Coupe de la ligue quarters.

RVN stats :-

10ruudvannistelrooy.th.png

League :-

ligue12.th.png

French cup :-

frenchcup.th.png

Champions League :-

europeanchampionscup.th.png

Only rule concerning players that i've seen thus far would be that you can't register more than 4 foreign players, You start with 3 or 4 but most of them are easily sold and for decent money as well.

Gourcuff season 1

8yoanngourcuff.th.png

Chamakh :-

29marouanechamakh.th.png

im nearly finished season two now. Second leg of the Champions league Quarter final, first leg was 1-1 against Real and the Bernabeu

Well i've played my 2nd leg quarter final against real madrid and some how we won, admitedly i had reservations about my defence being able to handle a team with Kaka and Ronaldo in. So i set up to contain the game with a 4-2-2-1-1 formation, defensive wingers as well, so basically i had Cmamakh and Gourcuff as my only attackers. Di maria of all people managed to tackle Albiol after marcelo played a short free kick to him in my half, Di maria played a ball to Gourcuff who played a sublime lobbed pass over the last man (pepe) which Chamakh ran onto and rounded the keeper to score in the 6th minute. My right back Chalme decided he'd two foot Kaka in the 29th minute... that meant i had to remove Salvio and play gourcuff as a defensive winger, meaning i had a whole one attack minded player on the pitch in Chamakh. I stook with this formation (4-2-2-1) until the 81st minute at which point i took Chamakh off and brought on a Centre back and player with a sweeper. This didn't exactly pan out as i'd planned as Milner scored in the 88th minute, only for my marauding left back at this point tremoulinas to win a freekick on the edge of the box which gourcuff stepped up and dispatched with the usual efficiency i've come to expect from him.

Match stats and event times :-

girondinsbordeauxvrmadr.th.png

Hey...I've brought Gourcuff in the 2nd season...I put him and played as a MC and as a Mildfilder...but he is not doing as good as he should be...can anyone tell me where should I put him and set as what role...thx...

I used him as a Tequesta or whatever that is in the first season screenshot above shows his stats. He was played behind a deep lying forward either chamakh or RVN. Try to limit his long shots tho, he's a bit erratic with some shots if you give him the chance lol

Hi Guy's, thinking of starting a save in france, probably with Bourdeaux.

Are the rules etc much differnt to England? cant look at the mo as I at work

Is it much of a challange or can i get boring easily?

You can only have four non-EU players in your whole squad, but Africans do not count as non-EU's. :thup: Bordeaux is a great game, he will enjoy it I'm sure.

Hey...I've brought Gourcuff in the 2nd season...I put him and played as a MC and as a Mildfilder...but he is not doing as good as he should be...can anyone tell me where should I put him and set as what role...thx...

Play him as an AMC or AMR

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I have brought in Vukcevic, and I sent Sertic and Krychowiak on loan. I tried to get Rene Krhin but he chose Lazio over me :(. I'm playing a wide 4-4-2 diamond. It's only the first game but I'm struggling to get Gourcuff to play well. I know low attacking mentality, high cf, rwb often, rfd often, ls rarely, ttb often, and cb mixed and free role, but what else?

I have beggin first season with Bordeaux.

Transfers IN:

Nicolas Otamendi - 5mln

Rafael Van der Vaart - loan 1.3mln

Matteo Brighi - loan 2.6mln

Fixtures so far:

FRIENDLIS

Bordeaux II - 5:1 (Abdou Traore x2, Yoann Gourcuff x2, Fernando Cavenaghi)

Yverdon - 2:0 (David Bellion, Wendel)

Panathinaikos - 2:1 (Rafael Van der Vaart, Jussie)

San Lorenzo - 2:0 (Henri Saivet, Nicolas Otamendi)

Liverpool - 4:2 (Fernando Cavenaghi, Jussie, Plasil x2)

TROPHEE DES CHAMPIONS

Guingamp - 3:1 (Marouane Chamakh x2, Yoann Gourcuff)

I play 4-2-3-1 tactic.

Okay, I have brought in Vukcevic, and I sent Sertic and Krychowiak on loan. I tried to get Rene Krhin but he chose Lazio over me :(. I'm playing a wide 4-4-2 diamond. It's only the first game but I'm struggling to get Gourcuff to play well. I know low attacking mentality, high cf, rwb often, rfd often, ls rarely, ttb often, and cb mixed and free role, but what else?

Play Gourcuff at AMC or just behind the striker to the side a little.

• 3 weeks later...

Any update 01srainey? I've been kind of busy and I've been posting a lot more then actually playing, and I've got finals this week. I feel that the "far post" bug takes away a lot away from Bordeaux's ability to make it rain on set pieces. They are so good at scoring from corners and free kicks, but because nearly everybody can score from set pieces rather easily this year, just like last year's edition, it really isn't special. Hope it's fixed in FM11.

• 2 weeks later...

gourcuff is a nightmare whenever i play against bordeaux. he's played some part in every goal bordeaux has ever scored on me, whether he takes a corner and someone heads it into the goal or he scores it himself. i nearly lost out on qualification in the champion's league group stages because of him...

I'm having a tough time integrating Gourcuff. Any ideas on what role?

Just started my save today with bordeaux so first time ive had him in a team of mine,i play him box to box midfield(support) in front of 2 defensive midfielders.

So far hes played 6 league games scoring 1 and assisting 5,his rating is 7.52 so far.

Everyone will have their different styles of playing him but so far so good for me:D

Archived