David Silva

Yes, I know he's not exactly a discovery as such, I just felt like doing a player thread because I haven't done one before.

Started a new save with Valencia, currently playing him just behind a lone striker (Villa). Just wondering if anyone has had any great success with him, as it's too early to say on my game so far. (4 goals in 5 apps in friendlies, but the teams were BAD).

Where's best to play him, and what specific instructions?

davidsilva.jpg

Personally I also use him on my wings or as a creative MC. I prefer to use Mata as my AMC or "Second Striker".

As HoPeY has said, give him high creative freedom and a free role and he will single handedly pick apart teams. Awesome player!

Cheapest i ever got him was 2nd season for £95m... I MEAN SERIOUSLY! thats way over the top.. spose £40m was after 50 caps tho! lol

Personally I also use him on my wings or as a creative MC. I prefer to use Mata as my AMC or "Second Striker".

As HoPeY has said, give him high creative freedom and a free role and he will single handedly pick apart teams. Awesome player!

Same, that's how I've played all of those players too. Sometimes I've had Mata as a very deep lying forward though. Silva's dribbling down the left and into the box creates all sorts of room for Mata and Villa. If you play him as AMC, he can clean up and create quite a bit, but I think it gets a bit cluttered. Maybe having him on the left and have him on switch with Mata in the middle, good things would happen. Then you could have Silva creating from both spots and Mata running and shooting at a lot of different defenders.

Archived