MorrisseyMuse's FM07 Update Thread

MorrisseyMuse

THE MORRISSEYMUSE FM 2007 UPDATE

HISTORY/ABOUT THE UPDATE:

The MorrisseyMuse FM07 Update is an on-going project to update the FM2007 game world to present day using all of the data from the FM2010 database, with some alterations of my own (transfers since the last SI Games update, stadium changes, finances, competition name changes, a rare player PA change, etc.).

The project began in early 2009 after I noticed that there was still a strong fondness for the old FM's on the forums, FM07 in particular. Being a huge fan of the old FM's/CM's myself as well, I posted a poll to garner opinions on which FM version I should update - FM07 or FM08. FM2007 won substantially and so I immediately started work on the mammoth task of updating the entire database. The old thread and poll can be seen here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=129237

This new thread is here for info on progress of the update, as well as to provide a download link to the latest version at the bottom of this first post.

LATEST UPDATE VERSION: BETA 2 (released: 14th August 2010)

I'm delighted to be able to finally announce the release of the much-anticipated Beta 2 version of my update. (download link at the bottom of this post)

Features:

- All English Premiership, and some Championship and clubs abroad details updated to start of 2010/11 season, eg. last season team standings, euro league qualifications where applicable, finances, stadium names, records, board members/recent takeovers, etc. (eg. Man City's millions, Stephen Fry at Norwich, Chainrai at Portsmouth, Broughton at Liverpool, Raksriaksorn at Leicester)

- Full squads for all English Premiership teams, as well as for Portsmouth, Burnley and Hull City. Each squad contains aprox. 35+ players, updated to FM10 stats and with 2010/11 season squad numbers.

- Updated major summer transfers for English Premiership clubs and some teams abroad. (eg. Mamadou Niang to Fenerbahce, Balotelli to Man City, Ramires to Chelsea, Bebe to United)

- Altered PA for a handful of players. (eg. Adam Johnson and Man United's young signings)

- Added/updated player/staff relations (eg. Craig Bellamy/Man City/Roberto Mancini, Mohammed Al-Fayed/Roy Hodgson) and team/player relations.

- 100's of kits updated for 2010/11 season for teams worldwide.

- Aprox 100+ new players added to game world, mostly reserves

- Aprox 20+ youngsters added to game world. (eg. Enzo Zidane, Zele Ismail, Raheem Sterling)

- Histories updated for all updated players, including transfer fees where possible. Complete player histories can also be found under 'Achievements' in a player's profile in-game.

- Main English competitions (Premier League, Championship, FA Cup, Carling Cup, Community Shield) updated to their real names, including updated competition history for the past aprox 5 years, so correct winners too.

- Some competitions abroad updated to correct names and reputations (eg. Serie A TIM, Liga ZON Sagres, UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League)

- European and World Player of the Year awards merged correctly to become the new FIFA Ballon d'Or award

- 100's of random players abroad updated to their FM2010 stats (eg. Neymar, Ronaldinho, Cristiano Ronaldo, Messi, De Rossi, Totti, Dzeko, Martins, Tshabalala, Paulo Henrique, Mesut Ozil)

- 'Player Aging' - all players have been 'aged' to be 1-2 years older than they are in real life currently. This is to make both the editing process faster for myself, and also to make the game more realistic for the player, by having players closer to their real ages. This also eliminates problems in the game with real life youngsters of today being too young to realistically play in 2007.

Installation:

(NB: You will need a program like Win Rar to extract the .rar file)

1. Extract the 'MorrisseyMuse FM07 Update.rar' file to your PC

2. Copy the resulting 'MorrisseyMuse FM07 Update' folder into your '..My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2007\db' folder

3. Load FM 2007, select New Game and choose the MorrisseyMuse FM07 Update from the Database drop-down menu.

Current Download:

(14/8/10) - Beta 2 Download Link: http://www.filefront.com/17231456/MorrisseyMuse-FM07-Update.rar/

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks chaps. :)

richpk - Unfortunately I wouldn't know where to start with graphics, (I'm at a stage now where I'm working out how to delete the 'official' kit gfx to show my updated ones :D) and yeah, I feel that adding pics as well would indeed add more time on top of the editing, so for now I'm editing the kits in myself using the official editor, which is something that I actually don't mind doing. Graphics look better though and possibly at some point in the future I'd aim to put pics and/or kit gfx in.

Here's what I've done for City's new kits this season:

MAN CITY 09/10 SEASON KITS (Club Info Screen):

mancitykits.th.jpg

gazwefc - Aye thanks, I've decided to leave loans until the end of the updating process to save time, as I don't know whether they'll still be on loan by the time the update is complete, so currently all loan players (Hart and Jo in City's case) are remaining with their own clubs.

sambo - 'aging' the players is a habit I've done for all my updates, it can make the game seem more complex than it needs to be atm, but I originally started db's with actual player ages as they are now and thought there may be potential problems with youngsters that are under 15 for example as the game seems to have an age limit, also young age can have an effect on player stats. There's still a chance I may have to alter player ages again yet if the update gets delayed, but at least for now I have everyone at the same level; it's also one of the useful things I use to confirm which players I've edited. :D

Pob - Now macros would be nice. :D I've not used them in any form in years, I didn't think it would be possible in FM to copy different version db's using them?

Thanks chaps. :)

richpk - Unfortunately I wouldn't know where to start with graphics, (I'm at a stage now where I'm working out how to delete the 'official' kit gfx to show my updated ones :D) and yeah, I feel that adding pics as well would indeed add more time on top of the editing, so for now I'm editing the kits in myself using the official editor, which is something that I actually don't mind doing. Graphics look better though and possibly at some point in the future I'd aim to put pics and/or kit gfx in.

Here's what I've done for City's new kits this season:

MAN CITY 09/10 SEASON KITS (Club Info Screen):

mancitykits.th.jpg

:)

Good work, thanks

Lol! Thanks for the comments fellas, I may try to begin weekly updates soon or something along those lines, just to keep everyone updated with the progress.

Ryuuzaki - I've not been around for the past few days, and I can't bring you good news now I'm afraid. The update itself is a long-term project which I don't envision being 100% complete for most likely at least 2 full years yet due to the amount of effort involved.

However, I have thought lately of releasing a very, very, (ad infinitum.. :)) early first beta of the update soon, possibly in the next few days, just to show a bit of what I've done so far.

I've not got any fully completed teams yet so don't expect anything major, but it'll be a taster of what the finished update will be like hopefully.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I've been adding alot of recent UK transfers (and any overseas ones I came across along the way) since my last update, as well as adding a stack of kits and updating a few players to their '09/10 season stats.

I've also started looking at correct squad numbers for this season now, the current Man. City squad being the first to be updated in that department, as you can see with the first pic of a new City signing in my update below:

(NB: Once open, you can click on all my images again to open them full-screen for a clearer view)

KOLO TOURE:

toureh.th.jpg

The 'main' City squad is the first to be fully updated now, I would release a pic of the team but since it's not radically different from the squad screen in my last update (a few quality signings aside, of course!), I thought I'd post a different, almost-complete main squad this week.

So, since I watched them lift the Charity (sorry, 'Community'... :D) Shield today, it's Chelsea's turn to get the main squad treatment this time, so here's the cap:

CHELSEA MAIN SQUAD:

chelseah.th.jpg

And here's a pic of one of the other recent summer signings, Peter Crouch, which also shows some of my (not quite FM-friendly IMO lol) 09/10 season yellow/white Tottenham kit:

PETER CROUCH:

crouchc.th.jpg

I hope to release a preview demo/very early beta in the next week or two now, I've just got to find a decent site(s) to upload it to.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, yeah it's still very much on-going, I've been working my way through many of the latest transfers recently (thanks Sky :D) and have been updating kits and squad numbers where possible too.

It's a long-haul project like I've always said, but I'm hoping to have a preview 'demo'/very early beta out to the public in the next few weeks, when I've found some decent file share sites.

I've been lost in editing recently so haven't run a pic update for a lil' while, but I have planned on hopefully doing another one possibly later on this weekend.

Are you keeping the real date of births or changing them to make everyone their ages they are now but in 2006/7?

I also would like to ask that question..

-------------------------------------------

any chance off knowing when the release date shall be for this update my guessing is september 1st?

Excellent work looks good so far.

Good questions. :)

I am indeed changing the birth year of players to 'age' them (this is visible in the Chelsea squad pic), but as you can tell from the incorrect ages, I'm planning ahead a few years.

This is a long-haul update unfortunately due simply to the massive amount of work involved (effectively copying the FM09 and FM10 db's into FM07), meaning I don't expect a 100% updated version to be released for a good 2 whole years yet sadly.

I'm currently ignoring competition/club/player histories to both shorten editing time and to avoid any possible data corruption, I hope to add full histories in in future updates after I've released my first 'full' update.

At the moment though I plan to release early betas as I continue working on the project, which will naturally get more accurate as time goes on. The first one of which I hope to release in the next week or two atm, subject to how busy my updating workload gets and when I can find a few decent upload sites.

What actually will be updated in my first beta will be revealed nearer the time as I'm continually updating it currently, what I can reveal is it will include some real competition names, a handful of real French club names (eg. 'Olympique de Marseilles') and some almost-complete main UK squads with 09/10 season squad numbers and kits as well as a fair few updated players from round the world.

Cheers for the encouragement. :)

Ooh, what did you have completed in your update?

Any version I release certainly will be far way from a finished article, which is why I'd rather release something for people to look at and have a play on sooner rather than later, although with the transfer deadline looming I may wait until the transfer activity has been completed, then release a beta, which will include most of the transfers of the window.

For 2008-9 I did a version which had the major transfers for the UK and Europe, all UK managers down to BSN/BSS level and made sure the teams were in the right leagues. I cocked up the histories though, so no players had any.

I'm working on a version for 2009-10 which will be a little more in depth for the UK (correct managers, first team players etc), but less for Europe, just the one or two eye-catching transfers of late. It'll be ready very soon (just doing August's transfers), and I'll tidy it up for a second version after the transfer deadline. It's just for my own use (although I will publish it) as I just want something I can play FM2007 with a sense of realism, rather than something perfect - you have my sympathy if you are doing kits, squad numbers, dob's and so on. I'm keeping the real date of births, which I think is a fun thing to do, although the 14 year old Jack Wilshire will have to wait for his full debut, maybe?

I just wish you could push a button to remove all the loans - they are well annoying.

Ah, sounds good. That must've taken ya a while to do still though?

Aye, player histories and ages are a problem with old versions I found. :)

Current youngsters can become too young for the game due to the time difference between the versions of FM, which is why I decided to change bith years and 'age' players.

In some of my old updates (FM06 and CM 03/04), I started adding seasons in to some players' profile histories, but I soon realised it was adding yet more time on to the task and so I abandoned history for players until I have time on a future update for this project. I've added transfer fees where I can and I am updating the 'staff' history (under 'achievements' in history IIRC) for every player, as this is less detailed and I wanted to at least put in an idea of what club's the player's been at. :)

I also put random contracts in for most players now, mostly to save a bit of time and also to stop an issue with players on very long contracts (Kaka's 6 years for example) being reverted to random by the game.

So there's a bit more info on what's gonna be in the beta there too.. lol

Thanks again all for your enthusiasm in the project, apologises for it taking such a long time, I'll have a preview demo/beta out for the transfer window close hopefully. :)

Ah cheers, just d/l'ed yer beta and it's fantastic that ya managed to do all that in just 3 days, takes me that long to do about 3 players! Arf :D

Just adding City's latest spending spree to me update atm, something I always enjoy doing it has to be said. :D

Keeping City's database updated is a full-time job ;)

Lol it certainly is at the mo, at least until September 2nd. :D and as a City fan, I tend to use them as my unbiased main testing squad. :D

Updating Sol Campbell to Notts Co. now and doing Sunderland's squad numbers for the players I've got in the team currently.

Ahh, a man with good taste then. :D

Haha, yeah, I had a problem with Robinho in my old FM06 update like that. When he was aged and with his FM09 stats, he wanted out of City pronto in virtually every game I tested, it was an issue I never got round to resolving in the end. :)

Though Campbell's CA and PA are much larger than his Notts Co. team mates, he's certainly a guy you'd wanna hang on to as their manager in FM, even with his age. :)

Current update news: I updated a few kits last night (the new Fluminense kit's an interesting PSG-style design) and completed most of the Sunderland first team squad numbers and day's transfers amonst a couple of other things.

Gotta add Lescott's City squad number (19) when I next update and add Ryan Smith to Crystal Palace so far in today's update. Am keeping an eye on the Chimbonda/Warnock deals too, I have a nasty habit of editing almost-complete deals into my update and 99% of the time it works out fine, but I have to double check progress of deals of course. :)

How depressing were letting Warnock go and signing yet another right back in Chimbonda :( no joy in bein a blackburn fan thease days...

Good work and cant wait for this going to be awesome.. your put alot off work into this

How depressing were letting Warnock go and signing yet another right back in Chimbonda :( no joy in bein a blackburn fan thease days...

Good work and cant wait for this going to be awesome.. your put alot off work into this

Aye, I just added these two transfers to the update now that they've been officially confirmed. Villa seem to have a few full backs these days with Young, Shorey, Bouma and now Warnock, all decent players too IMO.

Chimbonda ain't that bad a player, but if it's any consolation at all, Blackburn are the featured team in my next update. :D Hopefully out at the weekend sometime, it may be my final picture update until my first beta download is released, fingers crossed. :)

Thanks FM06Matt. :)

I can't promise anything anywhere near a full db I'm afraid, but like I say, this is an ongoing project that will be continuallly added to and updated, so hopefully people will notice a difference with the betas as time goes on. :D

But having said that, so far in the update I've got a few English Premiership teams with full main squads done, edited some of a few other squads abroad (Barcelona, Inter, Milan and Lyon for example), complete with squad numbers and FM09's club details (finances, rivalries, records, etc.), done 100's of 09/10 season kits and updated a few team squad numbers, plus many of the summer's major transfers.

I've also added player histories in the 'player achievements' section of the game (so you can still check what a player's previous clubs were) and done a few player transfer fees in player histories where the game would allow.

I am however keeping teams in their FM07 leagues (eg. Charlton are in the Premiership), due to time constraints and any slight risk of data corruption. Though if I get enough feedback about this once the beta is launched, I may consider updating some of the league promotions/relegations.

I'm currently looking at team finances, I'm using FM09's finances for clubs so far but Notts Co, Man City, Portsmouth, Sunderland and Southampton are main examples of potential big spenders that aren't curently that way in FM, so I'm thinking about their balances mainly. I have some estimated balance values in my head, but I'm open to any information or suggestions of course. :)

This update is finally being written a bit later than I'd originally planned this weekend, so I'll be back with the pics part of it (featuring the Blackburn Rovers squad so far and one or two other pics) later tonight. :)

Here's this update's pics, starting with the promised Blackburn Rovers squad:

BLACKBURN:

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/7739/blackburn.jpg

I was going to update my original Man City posting, but since Dunne and Benjani's futures aren't 100% right now, I thought I'd switch to the other half of Manchester instead. :)

MANCHESTER UNITED:

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/9306/manutdmme.jpg

and finally, I'm going to add an extra, post-beta 3rd squad pic link of what I've done so far on the Fulham squad:

FULHAM:

http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/7252/fulham.jpg

My next 'big' update will hopefully include the download to my first ever beta, fingers-crossed. :) I'm hoping to release it ASAP after I get all the transfer dealings down, post-transfer window closure.

nice workk..

couple things Micheal Gray not with us no more im unsure were he plays his football thease days and Jermiel Hoilett i dont know who he is haha..!!

fantastic work thou your put alot and alot off effort into this very nice work..

Ahh, thanks for the info Matt, my first feedback. :D Lol Jermiel Hoilett is David's younger brother, although I didn't know who David Hoilett was until I saw him play last week! lol

Lol I'm finishing off the deadline transfers from yesterday then sorting some of the 'sugar daddy' team bank balances, then I'll probably be good to release, richpk. :D hopefully sometime in the next 24 hours.

Ah thank ya chaps. :D

With such a large task of editing still ahead of me over the coming months, I'm seriously considering trimming down on things like squad numbers and contract histories for future updates now, it's taken me almost 2 full days to update the past 2 days of deadline transfers! :)

I discovered in testing a lot of loan players that I decided to cancel and update, which is another reason for the delay, sorry folks. :D Once the 10 or so loanee's I've found are updated I'll conclude with my EDT finances file editing (for teams like City, Sunderland and Notts Co) then we're ready for lift off. :D If not tonight then sometime tomorrow morning or afternoon, I'll update progress.

Absolute fantastic news i cannot wait its going to be 1 awesome update..

on the trimming down note you said about player numbers maybe thats a factor that isnt needed as you pick your own numbers in game anyways but if its something that people simply must have in there game then continue the fine work chap ... :)

After vowing to myself to never, ever (ever.. :D) edit another deadline day again, the end finally looks near! Arf :D

I've added a few La Liga transfers today as I got hold of a decent source, which I often find lacking for transfers abroad.

Just the EDT finance file to edit and a quick check then I think my work is done. :)

Oh, and Michael Gray is also now where he belongs at Sheffield Wednesday. lol

Aye, loans are indeed a pain, would be nice if you could view them in the editor, perhaps in a future FM? I'm very cautious with the editor so I never have another proggy running at the same time while editing (especially saving), I doubt anything would happen with FM though as all my corrupt data problems have been editing old CM games (editing leagues in CM 03/04 was a bugger! :D).

I only know of one bug in the FM editor which is when you click from player to player in the relationships panel it can cause a crash, which I've learnt not to do now as the amount of data that's cost me over the years... lol

Archived