MorrisseyMuse's FM07 Update Thread

MorrisseyMuse

Here, better late than never, are the first pics from Beta 2 post-FM10's 10.3 patch. BaYa requested 3 player pics, so I'm going with them as my first choices of pics, I'm sure they'll be more pics to follow in the future though. :D

I've not been editing FM07 today so currently I've done 30 or so of the Man City squad, I'm aiming to get most if not all of the English Prem clubs done before I release Beta 2, which I'm still hoping for a release in early April at the moment.

More updates to come, hope you all like what ya see so far. :D

SERGIO 'KUN' AGUERO:

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/3636/agueroc.jpg

ROMELU LUKAKU:

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/9774/lukakua.jpg

IKER MUNIAIN:

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/7064/muniain.jpg

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank ya. :D

I've completed the main Man City squad (that's 60 or so players edited), now moved on to Man Utd, as is the tradition it seems with my updates. :D After I've finished them, I may update the rest of the 'big 4' next, though United wil take me the next day or 2 to complete most likely.

Just about on track for a release next month still currently, though it's still early in my 10.3 patch updating schedule yet. :)

Man City and United are both now complete, just started Arsenal now, hope to have them finished sometime tomorrow.

I also noticed a general lack of a full lineup of coaches for a few teams so far, I've generally been concentrating more on players than staff, but I noticed when testing City before that there were a few random generated coaches appearing, most likely due to a lack of real staff in the roster.

So I intend to add/update more staff members, especially coaches (and managers when possible, though with the constant 'manager merry-go-round' these days, they're not usually a priority of mine right now :)), to get a few less fake staff members and just generally more updated coaches and the all-important assistants. I'm still concentrating on teams and players with Beta 2 currently, but it's certainly something I'll consider more for a future update.

I've been a bit busier than usual this week so I've not managed to get much editing done, but I'm back on the task now this evening, almost half way through Arsenal currently.

Hope to have them finished sometime tomorrow, then I'll probably move on to another of the 'big 4', either Chelsea or Liverpool.

Been watching a bit of Real Madrid tonight, which has reminded me to update them as one of my first edited teams abroad, I may do them and Barca after I finish the English top 4, then come back to the Premiership again, not sure yet.

But that's my editing schedule at the mo anyway, I'll post new 10.3 patch squad pics in the future as more are updated. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Update time. :)

Once again time has sadly been against me slightly in the last few weeks so I've not got quite as much editing done as I'd planned to but I've been working away today on Beta 2.

Arsenal, Man City and Man United are all completed, I've also made an effort to get chairman and at least some members of each club's board updated as well, just to add to the overall realism. :)

I've just finished for the day working on the Chelsea squad, done all their club details and a few players so far; once they're completed I'll move on to Liverpool, before taking on the rest of the Premiership.

I aim to get at least all the main Premiership teams edited to their 10.3 patch stats before releasing Beta 2 as a download, which hopefully will only take me another few weeks now, fingers crossed. :D

More updates to come in the following days/weeks as more teams are finished. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I've completed the Chelsea squad, and I'm just finishing off updating the last 4-5 listed first team players on the official Liverpool FC site, then I'll have completed 'the big 4'.

In honour of their recent promotion back to the Premiership, I may edit Newcastle next, I'm undecided currently. :) Whatever I decide, I'll be moving on to a new club in the next few minutes hopefully.

Another club update to follow soon. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I've not had much time with the update in recent weeks unfortunately, but I've been working hard since weekend to try and play catch up. :)

The Liverpool squad is now finished, as is the Aston Villa team, and I've now moved on to Birmingham City.

I'm doing the Premiership in alphabetical order currently, then I'll probably do Newcastle and maybe one or two other Championship teams, before editing Real Madrid and Barcelona; that's my current plan for Beta 2 anyway.

More updates to come. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I've had alot more time with the update this past week than in recent weeks, so there's been alot more progress than usual. :)

I decided after some staff tinkering that I may as well update all the Premiership staff while I'm updating the teams anyway, just to give them a bit more accuracy. So yesterday I started going through the teams I've updated so far, updating all the staff (that's everyone - coaches, physios, board members, managers and scouts) and am currently up to Chelsea, going by alphabetical order.

In player/team detail editing terms however, I'm now up to Fulham, having added Birmingham, Burnley, Blackburn and Everton to the 'completed/updated squads' list this week, in what has definitely been a productive week of editing I'm happy to say. :D

I'm concentrating now on updating the staff for the Premiership teams I've edited so far, then once all teams have full staff in them (and therefore are 100% updated), I'll re-start my editing again with my next team, Fulham.

Hopefully the extra staff task won't take me too much additional time to complete, but I feel it adds an extra layer of realism/accuracy to the db.

That's the update on my progress so far anyway, more updates to come. :)

• 1 month later...

Hi, yeah apologises for lack of an update recently, I've been pretty busy this month so my updating has suffered as a result.

I've been getting back on track the past couple of days and have fully completed Fulham now, board/staff/players/etc.

Starting Hull as I type this; with 13 teams completed so far and 7 to go now before I plan on releasing, if I can once again maintain a speedy pace then I'll hope to be able to release the update sometime this month or in in early July currently hopefully, but I shall keep you all updated. :)

Hoping to have Hull completed later tonight, then I'll be moving on to Portsmouth next IIRC (I've not done all of the promotions/relegations yet, but they will be complete for release).

Once the Prem teams are done (hopefully in the next few weeks), I'll try catch up on some more recent summer transfers then I'll probably open a new thread and release Beta 2 then update more from there, it's been in development long enough now I feel. :D

Hull are now finished. :D Updated/added a handful of transfers and youngsters just now but will be moving on to Pompey next tomorrow hopefully.

May do another pic update soon as not had one for a while, so if you have any requests for pics of any specific players/kits/etc. you'd like me to post up, then send me a PM or post in this thread and I'll see if I can do 'em. :)

I just noticed it's now a few days after the year to the day exactly that I first posed an FM07 update idea as a poll option to these forums (in this here thread: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=129237).

FM07 won the poll substantially against FM08 and my work started not longer after that, but instead of a birthday cake, here's another update for you all.. :D lol

The staff, club details, etc. are all done at Portsmouth now and I've just added Steve Cotterill as new manager too. I'm working on the players now, hoping to have them (and as a result, the club) completely updated within the next 24 hours.

Lol thank you and don't worry, I'm as frustrated as you are by just how long this process takes, but I'm doing alot of in depth stuff that really sucks the time away. :)

My PC's been out of action since Sunday so it's put my editing back a couple of days further sadly, it's now back after a meeting with fdisk though so I've been finishing off the Pompey squad now, should be moving on to whoever is next later today, Stoke I think. :)

I've also added a few recent Prem transfers, the Hull players going to Wolves, McSheffrey to Coventry and Petrov picked up by Bolton for example.

Portsmouth are now fully updated and I'm roughly halfway through Stoke currently after working on them today.

I've updated all the staff and board members, including the recent appointment of Stoke ass man Peter Reid to Plymouth. Now I'm going through the playing squad, hope to have them finished sometime in the next 24 hours.

A quick update to say Stoke are now completed and I've just started on Sunderland's coaches currently, hope to have their staff and players done within the next 48 hours or so. Not too far away now. :D

And after that? 4 teams from being done as in done-so-I-can-upload-my-great-update? Or will you wait ´til the transferwindow closes to get all the summertranfers? Too bad it closes 31 august :thdn:

And after that? 4 teams from being done as in done-so-I-can-upload-my-great-update? Or will you wait ´til the transferwindow closes to get all the summertranfers? Too bad it closes 31 august :thdn:

Ooh no, once I've completed the Premiership teams I'll be releasing Beta 2 as a download to the public. :) I think we've all waited long enough since Beta 1. :D

If I get time after finishing the English Prem teams, I'll try and add a few teams abroad, most likely starting with Barcelona and Real Madrid, prior to uploading Beta 2. But Beta 2 should be available for d/l not long after I've finished with the remaining Prem teams regardless.

Once Beta 2 is released, I plan to add more players/teams/leagues/youngsters to the update in future Beta download releases, with the summer transfers being included of course. :)

Ok.. Sunderland are now fully updated, added their recent signings too (the goalie that I can't remember the name of and Riveros lol).

On to West Ham now, board, staff (with recent manouverings done - ie. Zola out, Grant/Coles/Groves in) all complete, on to updating the squad now; hoping to have them all done within the next 24 hours or so. Then I'll be moving on to...Wigan. :)

• 2 weeks later...

West Ham are done now after a busy few days for me. I've done the backroom staff for Wigan now and have moved on to the players, can't say for sure when I'll have them completed by but hopefully in the next few days.

Then it'll be on to Wolves, which will then completed my A-Z of 09-10 season Prem clubs, after which all that will be left to do is edit in the newly-promoted 3 teams and then the update should finally be about ready for release. :)

Wigan are now completely updated. I will start on Wolves soon, as I've just been doing a few transfers (Leo Franco, Efrain Juarez, Adriano, Barrera, Piquionne, etc.).

Hope to have Wolves updated then within the next 24-48 hours.

• 2 weeks later...

Please tell me you´re done by now? Dont mean to nag but I log in here everyday with hopes to se a link to the complete work.

Ever since the World Cup started (and finished) I´ve been longing to play FM07 with the right players in the right team and with the right personal data updated.

Hi, the update's not quite ready yet sorry, due mainly to some delays in editing this week, but the end is in sight now at least. :)

I'm going away for a few days on Friday so won't be doing any editing again until Tuesday next week then, so I'm gonna try and do as much as humanly possible tomorrow. :)

I'm currently about halfway through both the Wolves and Newcastle squads, once they're both finished, I'll have West Brom and Blackpool to do then I should be done for release, testing and transfers-allowing. :D

I've edited the 1st post of this thread now in preparation for a download link to Beta 2 anyway, I'm hoping to have it completed by next weekend, but that is a very optimistic deadline at the moment. :)

I aim to post an official release date announcement in this thread and in the first post of this thread also (where I intend to post the download when it's released, to avoid confusion) at least a few days beforehand anyway, when I'm more confident of a concrete date set in my mind.

So keep an eye out for it in the next week or so hopefully, as that announcement will detail an exact release date and contain a list of some of the things to expect in the update.

I've edited the 1st post of this thread to include a better intro/history of the update now.

In terms of the update, I had Wolves and Newcastle edited last week but an editor crash wiped all progress out, so I had to update them again this week. They're now completely updated and I've just started West Brom, my penultimate team. :)

I'm hoping to make an official announcement regarding a release date of the Beta 2 download hopefully sometime this weekend.

All the Prem squads are now finished!

I'm doing the tricky task of editing team competition history and promotions/relegations to the Barclays Premiership/Championship currently. If that updates without a hitch, I'll run some season sim testing and create a finances EDT file for the clubs, then the update should be ready to upload. :)

Current release date, if everything goes well: tomorrow afternoon (Saturday 14th August). In time for the new season. :)

Thanks alot fellas, always nice to know my work is appreciated, hope you enjoy it. :)

Release has been slightly postponed until tonight due to me watching the City/Spurs match earlier, so apologises.

I've just been sorting out the promotions/relegations from the Premiership/Championship (I aim to do League 1 and 2 too in future updates once I start updating teams in those divisions).

Gotta do the Finances EDT file, then find me a good download host, filefront is a fave so far. :)

Hoping to have it up at some point this evening, if everything goes to plan.

Yeah Rapidshare looks good, I'll give it a go, thanks Jorgen. :):thup:

I've been testing merging the Euro/World player awards into the FIFA Ballon d'Or tonight, hence the delay, sorry folks. :) It works so far, but I'm just running a season sim test now on my hopefully final configuration of the award now.

If that runs well then I'll be uploading in a matter of minutes. :)

Yeah Rapidshare looks good, I'll give it a go, thanks Jorgen. :):thup:

I've been testing merging the Euro/World player awards into the FIFA Ballon d'Or tonight, hence the delay, sorry folks. :) It works so far, but I'm just running a season sim test now on my hopefully final configuration of the award now.

If that runs well then I'll be uploading in a matter of minutes. :)

Your welcome

lol moonie! :eek:

I'm very proud and happy to finally announce the release of Beta 2. You can all download it now from the link in the very first post of this thread (which also contains details of what's in Beta 2), or the folowing link in this post.

Any queries, requests or comments, please post 'em, I hope you all enjoy it. :)

I'll be back posting soon with plans for what I want to include in Beta 3 in a few weeks time, though I'll also be listening to any of your feedback on that. :)

Link to MorrisseyMuse FM2007 Update Beta 2:

http://rapidshare.com/files/413011036/MorrisseyMuse_FM07_Update.rar

had a good look, even holidayed through a season and can not find anything wrong with it. thorough and correct, you even did some of the belgian players still playing in the belgian league. great job. my personal, subjective suggestion would be to take a look at the belgian league, youngster like kevin de bruyne and mats rits, and players like barda aren't really in the game. but you're probably best taking on other leagues first if you're still planning on expanding beyond the english league.

I had a good look as well, doing nothing but looking through squads. And I found some "errors": Khedira still plays in Stuttgart instead of Real M, Quaresma Inter -> Besiktas, Giovinco Juve -> Parma (on loan), Pazzini Fiorentina -> Sampdoria and german acm/forward Thomas Müller doesnt even seem to exist.

But as I said before, great work!! All cred to you

Thanks for the feedback fellas, all the players you both mentioned have now been updated/added. Dunno how I missed Müller, Quaresma and Khedira in particular! :D

I am indeed concenrating on the English Prem mainly currently, though I do intend now to 'move abroad' as it were in future updates, if anything to get more players updated for you to sign in-game! lol

I'm gonna update some 'big' clubs now, I said before that I planned to do Real and Barca, so they'll be next on my list, followed by maybe the Milan clubs, then I may pick another country's league to fully update.

I did a few world transfers in Beta 2 as well, as you chaps noticed, though there were some I left out mainly due to time constraints, I hope to go back and add many more from this summer's world activity at some point in the future, if not in Beta 3 then in a forthcoming update, as once again I'll be kept quite busy with just the UK Premiership transfers I suspect! :D

I'm glad Beta 2 recieved a positive reaction overall though, though I'm always interested to hear any feedback.

i think you might have made a small calculation error across the update in terms of age though, starting with the update is like starting the 2011/2012 season in terms of age: gerrard is already 31 while he's 30 in real life, drogba's already 33 while 32 in real life, etc. it's a probably a pain in the ass to kick back the date of birth one year on every single player you updated, so if i were you i'd just leave it be. not that big an issue. only real problem with that is that players like drogba and lampard will drop to the reserves within a season.

also you might want to rethink installing the debts of 2010 into football manager 2007, as they don't really pan out like they do in the latest game. for instance, tottenham and everton are forced to sell players like modric and fellaini for less than ten million, and liverpool went into receivership within the first season. you could buy gerrard for under ten million. think there's a difference in the way the teams make money in both games, and thus you can't just import the finances of 2010 into 2007. if anyone else has an issue with this, just change the finances.edt file that comes with the update until teams are more or less like they are in real life in terms of financial security.

Thanks for the inpur moonie, I'd forgotten to list my player aging in the update's features list. :) The players are 1 year older deliberately, I've aged them all mainly to reduce the amount of times I have to edit a player's age in the future, but also because youngsters (those under 18 for example) in real life can become difficult to edit into FM07 with their current birth year due to the difference in time from '07 to present, so that's why I decided to 'age' players in the game early on in editing. I'm adding the same amoung of years on to every player, so ages should start to tally correctly from next season.

As for finances, that is a very good point and the differences between the versions is something I've been wary of, and I'd have liked to have done more testing on the debt situation, but time was always against me with my own deadline. :D

I noticed Man City lose money in the game, so even with the monsterous £400million balance I gave them, you may still have to be more careful as the seasons go on. It's something I'll definitely look in to.

Man United keep chugging along though? :)

But yes, to anyone who wishes to edit the finances in the update, all the debts for teams are contained in the 'finances.edt' file within the 'edt' folder in the update's folder, so if you want your team to be debt-free, simply open the file with Notepad and delete the line(s) of code beneath your team. :)

Thanks Bäckulf, I'd not updated him yet so he's still at Vitoria in the game currently, but I've just updated and transfered him now ready for Beta 3. :)

Also just added the Milner/Ireland swap deal with Villa/City, as well as currently catching up on some other transfers like Kevin-Prince Boateng to Genoa.

Aim to start editing Real Madrid at some point in the next few days.

I'm trying to download this and all im getting is:

This file is neither allocated to a Premium Account, and can therefore only be downloaded 10 times.

This limit is reached.

To download this file, the uploader either needs to upload the file again or first log in to his/her Premium Account and then upload the file again. The uploader just needs to click the delete link of the file to get further information

Argh, thanks for the heads-up master_fromthecrown, didn't realise they had a download limit. :) I've uploaded the file again to filefront for now, so you should be able to download it again now from the following link:

http://www.filefront.com/17231456/MorrisseyMuse-FM07-Update.rar/

I've also updated the download link in the first post of this thread now. Hope you enjoy. :thup:

I've been taking a break from editing since Beta 2, I've come back to my PC today to a fair amount of transfer activity, so expect the likes of: Sebastien Squillaci to Arsenal, Caldwell to Wigan, Gallas to Spurs, Nigel Hasselbaink to Hamilton, Diamanti to Brescia, Andre-Pierre Gignac/Loic Remy to Marseille, Diego Cavalieri to Cesena and Rafik Halliche to Fulham, to name a few of the more recent transfers, making moves also in Beta 3. :)

Been playing it for a few days now, and looks good. Will be awesome when finished or totally upto date in a years time.

Are you planning on releasing another beta when the transfer window closes MorrisseyMuse to get the Premier League right?

Then you can be left alone until next February to just update,update,update!

Overall fantastic job!

Archived