Walter - Another Brazilian Wonderkid.

fenomeno21

• 2 months later...

great in real life, my experience with him atleast from his first two seasons-he sucks.

low composure combined with shoots with power 0=3 goals in 30 appearances at championship level, he was great gettring into position then just blasted straight into the keepers hands.

Dentinho tho well known, is much better for the same price and develops better

Walter at the moment on my save [2012];

Walter-1.jpg

Sadly he gets injured every few months and is out for a few weeks or months, but when he's fit he's an absolute beast for me. I wish I had got him tutored though by someone who has placed shots, can't get him to learn any PPM's because he's too determined. :(

Plus the big injuries have stunted his development a little bit, in three more seasons he will have very good stats for me. :cool:

Hopey, sorry to defer from the subject of Walter for a second, and by all means divert me to a different thread. I've got a relatively young squad and we're doing really well, but I haven't given the teaching moves bit any thought. Would you say it's worth it on the whole?

Hopey, sorry to defer from the subject of Walter for a second, and by all means divert me to a different thread. I've got a relatively young squad and we're doing really well, but I haven't given the teaching moves bit any thought. Would you say it's worth it on the whole?

Barely related but I'll answer you. ;)

It depends, if certain PPM's help the player or your style of play then yes it's beneficial, however too many PPM's or ones that hinder a players style or your style will have a negative effect.

I’ll give you an example, when I was at Lyon I had Benzema who had all the attributes to be a great striker yet didn’t convert that many chances. So I got him to learn “place shots” and with my style of play and his attributes he went from being a 10-15 goal striker to a 25-30+ goal striker (I played him in a lone man role throughout)

Hope that helps, if only a little bit. :thup:

Sadly he gets injured every few months and is out for a few weeks or months, but when he's fit he's an absolute beast for me. I wish I had got him tutored though by someone who has placed shots, can't get him to learn any PPM's because he's too determined.

In real life he has just gotten seriously injured and won't play for 6-8 months... :(

poor walter, not an ACL injury I hope, he is hyped as a Ronaldo type striker it would be a shame if he gets the same injurys as El PHENOMENON

Another success story in PPMs

Dentinho went from a one goal every three games striker into atleast a goal a game striker for me once he learned how to round the keeper so I think if you have a PPM that matches the player it can work out really well. Walter needs to learn not to shoot with power but he's too stubborn to unlearn it o well to me he is a great prospect IRL but in game a hopless case

Archived