Echelon '09 Skin

murray

I've had a couple of requests, and since it is a relatively easy process, I've updated my FM08 skin "Echelon" for FM09. This is a really simple, light skin - being just an updated version of my first FM skin. I've not made any real changes, but here's a quick list:

• Cut down on the amount of graphics, as FM09 doesn't require replication of boxes like FM08 did
  • Added background selector to preferences page
  • Fixed a couple of bugs between FM08 and FM09 such as searchbox not clearing properly when screens are changed, and ticker displaying a news summary when hovered over on initial run
  • Fixed menubar text "buttons" to stop them jumping to the right when pressed
  • Changed large kits mod to large logos mod for match screen on classic and split views
  • Added RHS version to the download

Screens:

t_squadm_9558245.png t_playerm_818c411.png t_matchm_8acbd7f.png

Download

Cheers,

M

I like the skin, but i have some problems with it:

-when i press the "show filters" button in the squad screen nothing happens

-it doesn't shows the stats improvement arrows in the players profile

i was just wondering if anyone else is having this problems to?

I like the skin, but i have some problems with it:

-when i press the "show filters" button in the squad screen nothing happens

-it doesn't shows the stats improvement arrows in the players profile

i was just wondering if anyone else is having this problems to?

I've updated the download (same link) to sort out the filters problem - I missed that in the original update to FM09, so apologise for that. If you want a quick fix without having to redownload the skin, delete "team squad.xml" from the skin's panels folder. It'll cut out some additional column and view settings I added, but it'll free up the filters again.

With the training effects in the player profile I have no idea, as I don't even get those in the default skin...

M

I've downloaded the echelon skin but it's not on my skin drop down menu. I've extracted it and copied it into the skin folder. Untikced the skin cache box and ticked the one below it and pressed confirm but it's still not there.

Have you downloaded any other skins and been able to get them to work fine? Can you confirm the location of the skin folders on your harddrive, and also make sure that the config file is in the folder for the skin.

M

Have you downloaded any other skins and been able to get them to work fine? Can you confirm the location of the skin folders on your harddrive, and also make sure that the config file is in the folder for the skin.

M

None of the other skins work either. My skin floder is inside the FM09 folder. This is what it looks like when I press on elechon:

elechen.jpg

None of the other skins work either. My skin floder is inside the FM09 folder. This is what it looks like when I press on elechon:

elechen.jpg

I don't know if it's the same for the other skins, but for Echelon there you have one too many levels of folder. Move the "Echelon" and "Echelon-right" folders directly into the "skins" folder and that should sort it.

Thanks it's working now!

BTW the skin is a weird blue colour. I thought it was meant to be white

What part of the skin? If it's the background, you can change that via the selector if you go to preferences and then display and sound (should be just underneath the menu where you select the skin itself).

What part of the skin? If it's the background, you can change that via the selector if you go to preferences and then display and sound (should be just underneath the menu where you select the skin itself).

hi loved the skin, my back ground is a horrible blue dark colour, i downloaded this skin cos it was nice an light in the screen shots, i went to change it like you described in preferences, i selected the grey option but it stayed on default, it wont change to any of the others

hi loved the skin, my back ground is a horrible blue dark colour, i downloaded this skin cos it was nice an light in the screen shots, i went to change it like you described in preferences, i selected the grey option but it stayed on default, it wont change to any of the others

Did you press "confirm" afterwards? If so, that reloads the skin and so will revert it to the default background once more. Select the background you want to use and then just press cancel, or click on a quicklink or something to take you away from the preferences page.

Does that help?

M

Did you press "confirm" afterwards? If so, that reloads the skin and so will revert it to the default background once more. Select the background you want to use and then just press cancel, or click on a quicklink or something to take you away from the preferences page.

Does that help?

M

sadly no it didnt, the drop down menu on the preferences section wont change from default, i click on any of the others and it just stays as default.

thanks for the reply though

sadly no it didnt, the drop down menu on the preferences section wont change from default, i click on any of the others and it just stays as default.

thanks for the reply though

No idea why that would be then, I just tested it myself once more and it works for me. In that case... go to the Echelon folder, and in graphics/background, rename the background you want to "default" (so instead of 1.png you'll have default.png, or whichever one you select). That should then overide the default game background when you refresh the skin cache.

M

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've noticed when using this skin both the motivation widgets and motivation screen during matches are blank. Even after the match is over I go back and they are still blank for the away & home sides.

I switched skins and they are back but not for the matches I played when using the Echelon skin.

Don't know about anyone else but I'm heavily relying on motivation to see how my tactics are working in addition to the match stats.

Otherwise, it's pretty nice.

sorry to sound so stupid but could you explain how to install this in a step by step for idiots, im not the best on computers and i am getting really lost and confused and i am not making any progress i have been trying for the last two days so could some 1 please help me, many thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi murray great skin i am going to use it but was wandering if you could tell me how you got your profile pictures so big and if you could give me a link to the facepacks you use thanks in advance

I downloaded it and it came up as some horrible blue thing :confused:

Have you tried changing the backgrounds?

Hi murray great skin i am going to use it but was wandering if you could tell me how you got your profile pictures so big and if you could give me a link to the facepacks you use thanks in advance

There's a mod included in the skin to allow large profile pics. The specific ones I used at the time are called ZMega faces, which you can find here.

Cheers,

M

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived