2dc98qc.png

122yzdi.png

scu8ad.jpg

35jwapg.png

This is version 2 of this skin, though v1 was not actually released,

as I was not entirely happy with it.

To install this Skin, you will need to unzip and open the "holding" zip

file,

and copy/paste the "default-transparent-v2.0" folder into the "Skins" folder in the following location:

Win Vista: C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\

Win 2000/XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\Sports

Interactive\Football Manager 2009\

Win 98/ME: C:\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\

Mac OS X: /Users/<username>/Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/

If you do not have a "skins" folder there,

just create a new one (right click->new->folder, and rename it as "skins")

and drag or copy/paste the "default-transparent-v2.0" folder into your new "skins" folder.

Once you have completed this process,

load your game, and choose the "preferences" option from the main menu.

Go to "Display and Sound".

On the drop-down menu for "skins", select the new skin "default-transparent-v2.0",

un-tick the box "use skin cache", and place a tick in the box "always reload skin cache on confirm".

Then, click "confirm".

The game will then load your new skin.

After it has done so, please then return to the "Preferences" menu,

untick "always reload skin cache on confirm", and re-tick the box "use skin cache", and click confirm.

Also, ensure that the option "show background pictures" is ticked in the "Display and Options" menu,

if you are using custom backgrounds, in order to take full advantage of the transparent skin.

You are now ready to load your game with your new skin set up.

Please note that the Background images in the screenshots are not a part of the skin.

The skin will use the Background images you've already added to your graphics folder (if you have done so).

Any further advice you need in setting up or other skin related issues,

please refer to these excellent guides, which should solve any problems you may encounter:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=37980 - Author: Radestock

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=71021 - Author: Radestock

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=80072 - Author: michaelmurrayuk

I wish also to acknowledge and thank "michaelmurrayuk" from the SI community forums,

for without his kind help and guidance, it would not have been possible for me to make this skin.

I will also distribute this skin at "suzie", but my account name there is "Nigel Pearson", to avoid any confusion.

I don't currently have memberships of any file hosting sites,

and unfortunately the the file size is too large for the well known file sharing sites I tried (without membership).

I don't have time to do that right now, but still wanted to get this skin out there,

so I am sharing my work on filehosting.org, which I find an excellent service personally, lightning fast.

Here is the dowload location:

http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/12788/holding.zip

You will have to input your email address and the file will be instantly sent to you.

I cannot provide a direct download link, as the service provides a new link for each individual request.

Anyone with access to membership at one of the more usual methods of file distribution

is most welcome to upload the file again to their account and repost it in this topic

if that makes things easier for some to download.

I hope you enjoy this new skin, and that it enhances your game experience.

Benn Robinson.

Ah, it says the max file size is 300MB, but the file is 364MB.

What is included in the skin that makes it over 300mb? I have one folder which includes all the elements of the FM09 default skin (all the panels and all the graphics) and the folder is only about 10mb (26mb size on disk)

What is included in the skin that makes it over 300mb? I have one folder which includes all the elements of the FM09 default skin (all the panels and all the graphics) and the folder is only about 10mb (26mb size on disk)

Just the skin folders/files itself, a config file (1kb) and readme document (3kb).

I think maybe as the edited boxes are in PNG format to allow for the transparency, that maybe increases the file size a bit.

Can u please upload this skin in an alternative link because this one isnt work , download link still didnt come to my e-mail as they said..

Strange, it worked for me on a test download last night.

Have you checked in your spam/trash folders?

I don't currently have time to look for an alternative file host due to working/family commitments, and cannot afford to pay for membership to a larger file hosting site just for one upload when I'll hardly use it. Not to mention that I have no credit/debit card/paypal facilities to do so anyway.

If anyone can recommend a site that is free and hosts files 364mb plus, I'll be happy to upload there.

• 1 month later...
what about a right sided version? been waitin for it for ages now

The solitary post to your name at the time of your above reply suggests you've never asked before now, so not sure how you've been "waiting for ages". I have no plans to release a right sided version, and have at no point stated otherwise.

As for a new download location Richard76, here it is for you:

http://files.filefront.com/holdingzip/;13454508;/fileinfo.html

I ran a test download and it is working fine. :)

I'll update at susie also, thanks for letting me know the links are broken.

Kind Regards,

Benn.

• 2 weeks later...
The link is broken,

Lol, geez, again?!? :rolleyes:

could you Re-upload, please?

Thanks.

Just off to sleep now, but will do it for you tomorrow evening when home from work. :)

Any suggestions from anyone for a host site where the link will just actually stay up for a change? ;)

And thanks Osgood, it is nice to know that you like the skin. :)

Thanks, lol, I only remember uploading the first one, not sure where the other two came from!? :D

Unless anyone has any trouble downloading from those links, I'll save myself the time of re-uploading then. :)

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks, lol, I only remember uploading the first one, not sure where the other two came from!? :D

Unless anyone has any trouble downloading from those links, I'll save myself the time of re-uploading then. :)

What background pack are you using and where did you get it from, looks cool with that amazing skin.

cheers pal

What background pack are you using and where did you get it from, looks cool with that amazing skin.

cheers pal

Glad to hear you like the skin Brooky, thanks. :)

As for the background pack, I don't know to be honest. It is not one particular pack, but rather lots of individual ones collected over the years for different leagues. Mostly they are from my old FM07 game (they're 09 compatible), I just imported the main 'backgrounds' file over from my old PC when getting this one, so can't remember (or check) who made the various packs. Mostly they'd have come from sortitoutsi.net though.

With exception of the 'Competition Backgrounds' which I made myself.

I always use background pictures so this skin is perfect for me.

Thank-you very much

You are welcome Mike, glad you like it, and thanks for saying. :)

Love this ta very much just a little request though is there anyway you could make the font size a little bit bigger and the players atributes different colours they are a alittle hard to read when you have custom pics in the background hope you can :) if not thanks anyway.

Archived