Football Manager 2009 - Worst Ever?

I got Football Manager the day it came out, back in November, and installed it onto my brand new HP laptop. There were numerous errors in the game. It has slightly improved with the release of the patches but I still can't even play a single match? I kind of used to be able to but now, every time I click 'Go to Match' it goes to the match and says 'Setting up Match Report' or whatever and freezes? I cannot play the game at all as I'm unable to play matches. The 3D matches are rubbish as well. I think Sports Interactive should have worked on that more over the next couple of years before releasing a terrible version now because I don't think many of us are too bothered at the minute. I would continue with the 2D matches but the stupid banners around the pitch annoys me too much. There are also many other little bugs in the game as well. I think the game is a disgrace at the minute and even though I've been buying the game every year since 2005, I won't be buying Football Manager 2010 if this continues. The game is getting worse each year. FM 2005 and FM2006 were by far the best. However, can someone please help me try and resolve this issue, seeing as Sega or Sports Interactive won't bother. Cheers.

Have you tried playing in windowed mode? It stops the game from freezing on some computers.

However, I don't agree that FM09 is the worst ever, IMO its the best yet despite its issues. If FM05 & 06 are better, then why do you want help getting FM09 to work? ;)

the old way (Taking disc out of the box and putting into the drive) was a lot better than the current way... Sort it out guys!

Um.....I did just that, bought the game, whacked the disc in, installed it (via Uniloc) and away I went

I think SI really messed up this year by going with steam, the old way (Taking disc out of the box and putting into the drive) was a lot better than the current way... Sort it out guys!

Edit: As for the question you are wanting an answer for, i am afraid i cannot help :(

Its pretty much the same, exept for taking 5 extra mins to activate. I like the activation tbh as you don't need to have the disk in your drive all the time any more.

Have you tried playing in windowed mode? It stops the game from freezing on some computers.

However, I don't agree that FM09 is the worst ever, IMO its the best yet despite its issues. If FM05 & 06 are better, then why do you want help getting FM09 to work? ;)

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Why should I have to play in the windowed mode? I bought the game to play it how I normally do. Why should I alter the way I wish to view the game just because they've messed up? No one's even told me how to play in the windowed mode? I'll give it a try though if someone tells me how.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Why should I have to play in the windowed mode? I bought the game to play it how I normally do. Why should I alter the way I wish to view the game just because they've messed up? No one's even told me how to play in the windowed mode? I'll give it a try though if someone tells me how.

Select it in display prefereces or try this:

1. Right click on the FM09 icon on your desktop & click properties.

2. In the target field, add "-windowed -small_screen" at the end of the target, with a space between the target & "-windowed -small_screen" & obviously no quotation marks.

3. Click ok & you should be able to play in windowed mode next time you run FM09 :thup:

--------------------

Also, you should probably have FM09 off when doing this.

Archived