Sick & tired of your chairman selling your players?

Sif

Well fear no more!

Simply go to your players transfer status screen and set asking price to £0. That's right, it sounds like a bargain but it'll keep you players where you want them to be, which lets face it, is in your own bloody squad.

Set to 'reject all offers' and mark player as 'indispensable' & Not available for transfer.

now when any team bids on your player, which they will, they will simply offer the required asking price.......£0. No chairman will ever go over your head to accept a transfer of £0.

In 11 seasons for 7 different clubs, mainly championship clubs to premier status, i have not lost 1 player.

So simple isn't it?

Yeah I don' really mind my chairman selling my players....it makes it realistic really although this may be different to what I am saying at the time it happens....

...I remember one time the chairman sold my 3 best players for peanuts and I had enough so I sent him an Ultimatum then resigned!! LOL

I only posted the thread as there seem to be a few people, like myself, who are sick to death of the players being sold on their behalf.

I always play with Donny Rovers, being a fan of them as i am, and i know for a fact that our chairman, John Ryan, would never sell a player on Sean O'Driscolls behalf. It just seems mind-boggling that this would be different in the game.

This is probably the aspect of the game i hate the most. If my chairman is starting to get funny with me, i just look for another team with a less interfering chairman.

Though i have to admit it is realistic. What is not realistic though, is when a chairman accepts a bid that you rejected and you are at a club that doesn't need the money at all. I hope this won't happen to much in FM2009.

I Agree, that for some circumstances, it may be realistic. However, there are situations, and many situations that it just is plain wrong. The chairman have sold my best players because the offer was too good to refuse for around 700k, when the players actual value was 500k. The club in no financial difficulties, in fact making money pretty well. I must admit, this is the primary reason i gave up on fm08. The inability to show my feelings on the matter in-game just added to my frustrations.

Rather than getting a news messege stating the chairman has already accepted the silly bid, wouldnt it be better, and more realistic to get a message from the chairman stating how he strongly feels i should accept this bid, and perhaps giving options at that point to argue/ultimatum/tantrum/etc.

Once I had an offer for a player that was about 10million pounds I rejected because I wanted something about 15million but two days later some club offered 8 million and the chairman accepted it... Now that's stupid because someone else offered a better deal 2 day ago... But this was in FM2008 and it never happened in FM2009 and I hope will never happen again

doesnt this fix upset players at all, those who would like to move to bigger clubs ? I Know its better than loosing the star players, but i dont want to upset the whole team :)

Can anyone share their experiences in regards to what clubs have an interfering chairman? I know in FM2007 many people had the problem playing with West Ham. With Paris SG i had no problem at all. Not once. With a belgian 3rd division team, it happened quite often.

I Agree, that for some circumstances, it may be realistic. However, there are situations, and many situations that it just is plain wrong. The chairman have sold my best players because the offer was too good to refuse for around 700k, when the players actual value was 500k. The club in no financial difficulties, in fact making money pretty well. I must admit, this is the primary reason i gave up on fm08. The inability to show my feelings on the matter in-game just added to my frustrations.

Rather than getting a news messege stating the chairman has already accepted the silly bid, wouldnt it be better, and more realistic to get a message from the chairman stating how he strongly feels i should accept this bid, and perhaps giving options at that point to argue/ultimatum/tantrum/etc.

Dude I totaly agree with you, in FM2009 there's more interaction with your players and press, but the interaction with your chairman is nihil.

You should have an option to give him an ultimatum when he accepts a bid of certain players you realy wanna keep at the club. You should be able to say stuff like "MR.Chairman i'm a very ambitious man, if you sell "player x" I have no choise but to leave the club. Just like Alan Curbishley did with the transfer of Anton Ferdinand. If you sell him, i'm gone!!!! I especially hate it when the chairman sells your captain!

Beside this I want more interaction with the chairman, like monthly meetings or something liike that.

Another thing that I want is the option to tell a certain manager that he should stop trying to poach my player. The tottenham manager did this with Appiah and I coudn't do or say anything. He was talking to the media about how Appiah would be the perfect player for his team and that he realy want to see him in a Tottnham shirt etc. I can only react to this if the media asks me about a possible transfer of the player. And the only reaction I can give is "hands off" "Every player has his price" "willing to listen to offers".

I wanna go in a verbal war with him just like Ferguson did with Real Madrid over the transfer of C. Ronaldo!!!

So SI, give us more interaction, I've would rather have more interaction options (players, press, chairman and managers) than a 3d match engine!

Anyway, if the chairman accepts an offer, then you as a manager still have the option to offer a better contract to your player, which he may accept if it's higher than what another club offers.

And if he chooses another club over your astronomous contract offer then it means your player really wants to leave the club and it's only realistic if he does.

I think this is a good feature, but it should be editable. I tried editing the chairman with FMM (talking about FM2007) and there was no way to do it, even with interference and ambition set to 1.

Can anyone share their experiences in regards to what clubs have an interfering chairman? I know in FM2007 many people had the problem playing with West Ham. With Paris SG i had no problem at all. Not once. With a belgian 3rd division team, it happened quite often.

I'm playing as Leicester.

At the start of my second season Fulham and Portsmouth put in offers for Joe Mattock. I say I want £5m and they both go away.

A week later Portsmouth offer £4.8m for him which my chairman accepts.

He then goes and breaks his leg on England u21 duty and it all falls through. Not sure whether to be pleased about that or not.

Anyway, if the chairman accepts an offer, then you as a manager still have the option to offer a better contract to your player, which he may accept if it's higher than what another club offers.

And if he chooses another club over your astronomous contract offer then it means your player really wants to leave the club and it's only realistic if he does.

I think this is a good feature, but it should be editable. I tried editing the chairman with FMM (talking about FM2007) and there was no way to do it, even with interference and ambition set to 1.

With the new squad harmony confidence feature this year I think it's wise to let players go who want to leave as it's bound to affect the dressing room having unhappy players.

• 2 weeks later...

The best way is when an offer is accepted by the chairman, offer the player out to clubs for 0. Many clubs will bid and their will be a chance he could accept the team that got accepted by the chairman but depends how many teams come in. Then click cancel when it asks you do you want the deal to go through after the player accepts the contract.

The player wont be unhappy if you cancel it.

My chairman accepted a 17mil bid for a star regen I had in Fm08 so I did this and was able to hold on to him. I dont do it much as it ruins the game but its annoying when they accept bids that are so small and you know you can get more.

Yeah I don' really mind my chairman selling my players....it makes it realistic really although this may be different to what I am saying at the time it happens....

...I remember one time the chairman sold my 3 best players for peanuts and I had enough so I sent him an Ultimatum then resigned!! LOL

got sacked ypu mean lol

Archived