Player Retain Pack

Indi75

Really?

Ah, ok, try from here instead.

It Goes on the db/inc/all folder and allows you to keep players in leagues you are not running.

Example, when running English leagues only, or perhaps on a small database, that foreign clubs only have players of a certain reputation in them.

These files 'retain' players from the leagues selected.

im guessing this would slow the game alot if you didnt have a real good pc??

The idea would be that you could run a smaller database but keeping the players from the top clubs.

As said above, database size dictates how many players load up, and the more players the slower the game.

You need to find a balance between active leagues, view only leagues, and retained players.

I run about 30 leagues from 17 countries on my desktop, half active, and about half view only. The DDT's re then used to keep players from the leagues I am not running as otherwise many of them would be missing.

If you were playing in the Premiership and decided to only run England, Italy, Spain for example, you could run 3 leagues but keep the players from Germany, France, Holland, and Scotland.

I'm really confused about this.

I decided to make my own litte ddt file with just a few clubs around th eowrld that I knew had big talents. Used your files as a template so it reads for example

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "108510"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "108514"

I reckon 108510 and 108514 is the Unique numbers of the selected clubs.

Named the file Big_Talents.ddt.

Now what??

Should I put it in "football manager 2009\data\updates\update-910\db\910\edt" or what (have 9.10 installed)? It doesn't come up in the "Preferences/extra files" in the main menu.

\Skodkim

Ok so heres a question, if i lets say retain all players from Hungary does that slow the game down as much as/more than/or less than if i run the Hungarian league in view only mode on low detail?

They are the complete opposite. Retaining all players is loading all Hungarian players without loading the league and the 2nd one is loading the league without the players/

I'm really confused about this.

I decided to make my own litte ddt file with just a few clubs around th eowrld that I knew had big talents. Used your files as a template so it reads for example

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "108510"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "108514"

I reckon 108510 and 108514 is the Unique numbers of the selected clubs.

Named the file Big_Talents.ddt.

Now what??

Should I put it in "football manager 2009\data\updates\update-910\db\910\edt" or what (have 9.10 installed)? It doesn't come up in the "Preferences/extra files" in the main menu.

\Skodkim

It depends on the database you are using. If you are using the 9.1.0 database then it goes where you said. If you are using the default database or an edited one then it goes in a different place. Let me know what database you are using. :thup:

jod123

Just thought I's post your answer to me from another thread here if anybody else was reading along.

THANKS. Can hardly wait to get home and try it out...

\Skodkim

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skodkim

Actually thast might just be it. I made some edits to the 9.10 database and use this edited database. Can't check right now as I am at work, but could it be that it creates a folder under my documents where it places the new database and that this is where I should put my ddt file?

Seem to remember that this was the case with FM2008.

\Skodkim

Yeah, that is what you do. You put it in that databases edt folder.

nerazurri kindly built a new one, I'm currently putting together a new pack based on that which will be finished sometime tomorrow all being well. Should cover almost every major league suitably labeled for ease of selection in game.

Here's a link to his 2009 version http://www.ddtgenerator.co.uk/

You can knock stuff up to your hearts content, just remember to say thankyou in this thread DDT Generator 2009 :thup:

jod123

Just thought I's post your answer to me from another thread here if anybody else was reading along.

THANKS. Can hardly wait to get home and try it out...

\Skodkim

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skodkim

Actually thast might just be it. I made some edits to the 9.10 database and use this edited database. Can't check right now as I am at work, but could it be that it creates a folder under my documents where it places the new database and that this is where I should put my ddt file?

Seem to remember that this was the case with FM2008.

\Skodkim

Yeah, that is what you do. You put it in that databases edt folder.

No problem, Skodkim. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Fantastic program Indi75 that ddtgenerator!

Thank you very much!

It saved me a lot of work because I always play with all players in the database and it's a big pain in the ars* to click one by one all nations when you are creating a new game (I don't understand why we don't have a small box to tick "all nations" as you have in your program)

As I said, thank you very much Indi75

Archived