Where can i get FM09

Hi guys,

As the title says i'm looking to get hold of FM09 and i'm hoping to find it without having to order it of ebay.

Does anyone know if it is available to download directly from SI?

Cheers

I think FM09 was the first FM that could be properly added in to your steam library so it may be possible through steam. It's possible only a second hand copy may be available though, due to licensing I'm sure I've seen it mentioned when people asked about re-releasing games with older databases (like the xbox titles)

I think FM09 was the first FM that could be properly added in to your steam library so it may be possible through steam. It's possible only a second hand copy may be available though, due to licensing I'm sure I've seen it mentioned when people asked about re-releasing games with older databases (like the xbox titles)

Cheers Santy i did check steam but its not there and only FM16 shows up in the store so im guessing older titels have been removed, which sucks as i really wanted to play FM09 today

Rather than start a new thread, I thought I'd ask in here seeing as I can't find the answer anywhere.

If I sell my copy of FM, can I still play it? i.e. what happens with the activation code? Will steam still allow me to play even if/when someone else registers the game as theirs? Or would I have to play offline?

I did try and google this as well as looking on here but google only comes up with how to sell players, etc.

Thanks

Ok but what effect does that have on whoever buys this game 2nd hand?

If the activation code stays with my account, how can they play the game if they can't activate it?

I'm not looking at selling the code as such because the last thing I want is to lose the game.

I'm basically looking at selling it to CeX (Complete Entertainment Exchange) who are offering a good amount. How can they then resell it if the activation code won't work for somebody else?

But thanks for your quick reply :)

Whomever buys the game is just buying a disk, it will be as much use as a coaster as they cannot use the activation code.

CeX are idiots/charlatans, still amazed they offer cash for PC/Mac games & then attempt to sell them on to unsuspecting people looking for a bargain. What's annoying is it's usually well meaning family members buying it as a gift.

It seems CeX are not idiots/charlatans after all. Was in their shop today and asked about it and the guy told me that the game has to be sealed i.e. unopened for them to be able to accept it, otherwise it would be unplayable (like you said).

He said it should state that on the website but when we looked, all there is is an 'S' in brackets after the title. Apparently (S) means it has to be sealed but he agreed it was in no way clear and so would ask them to fix it.

Their tech/website guys aren't the best as often they have items for sale without a picture or proper description so you just have to guess you're buying the right DVD or whatever. The website is also very clumsy.

CeX = some excellent deals, does not = a very good website

It's one of my favourite versions of the game. It might not be as refined as the newer versions but I just really enjoyed it.

2009 was the first proper PC version of FM that I ever got (I'd played older Champ Man games on PC then player some of the FM games on Xbox)

Also I had a great game in which I'd brought a lot of good youngsters to my Reading team and I just wanted to play it...........:whilst also playing FM16 :)

Archived