I need help about may 4-2-3-1 tactic

Not enough information. "I play terrible" is too broad a statement. Have a read of the general 4231 topic here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/450511-Why-Not-4231

Your instructions and roles don't make sense. You want to exploit the flanks but have three playmakers in the middle (DLP + RPM + Treq).

You have two wingers, but looking for overlaps so they'll be more static.

Roaming attacking wingbacks and a roaming CM leaving a lot of work for your DLP + DCs.

3 playmakers is too many personally.

No idea what you want so can't suggest actual changes.

Not enough information. "I play terrible" is too broad a statement. Have a read of the general 4231 topic here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/450511-Why-Not-4231

Your instructions and roles don't make sense. You want to exploit the flanks but have three playmakers in the middle (DLP + RPM + Treq).

Roaming attacking wingbacks and a roaming CM leaving a lot of work for your DLP + DCs.

Sorry for hijacking this thread but I wanted to get your opinion on role for the AMC position and getting it work with the rest of the team. My preferred role for the AMC position is Shadow Striker or Attacking Midfielder Attack. I have got a DLP Defend and Central Midfielder Defend in my midfield. I want the DLP to be my only creative player because he can start the attacks from deep feeding my front 4 players. The problem is I have Ozil who has the come deep to get ball PPM and looks for pass rather than shoot. He also has move into left PPM. I have observed him playing as a ATM and Shadow Striker and he drops too deep because of is PPM he does get in the box but I can tell he prefers to link play because of his PPM. My question what do I do with him now. I am sure that I want a goal scoring treat from the AMC position.

I am playing a CF S and Inside Forward Attack and Winger Support. Can you offer any advice on what to with Ozil or if I have to change the roles and duties to accommodate him.

Sorry for hijacking this thread but I wanted to get your opinion on role for the AMC position and getting it work with the rest of the team. My preferred role for the AMC position is Shadow Striker or Attacking Midfielder Attack. I have got a DLP Defend and Central Midfielder Defend in my midfield. I want the DLP to be my only creative player because he can start the attacks from deep feeding my front 4 players. The problem is I have Ozil who has the come deep to get ball PPM and looks for pass rather than shoot. He also has move into left PPM. I have observed him playing as a ATM and Shadow Striker and he drops too deep because of is PPM he does get in the box but I can tell he prefers to link play because of his PPM. My question what do I do with him now. I am sure that I want a goal scoring treat from the AMC position.

I am playing a CF S and Inside Forward Attack and Winger Support. Can you offer any advice on what to with Ozil or if I have to change the roles and duties to accommodate him.

I like the midfield pair (assuming the DL/DR are balanced).

Remember a DLP-D will have quite a low mentality and isn't instructed to make lots of risky passes, so will dictate play from deep but may not have a lot of assists.

My personal preference is to train Ozil as a F9-S, I have done this before for a 433 DM Wide when I didn't want a AMC but didn't want to play him wide either. His attributes are great for the role, his PPM drop deeper works with it to. Looks for pass rather than shooting is fine to, he will still get in the box and score goals, you just won't see him firing shots at goal from all over the place. This should work well with a IF-A and a AM-A or SS-A making runs past him, I would try the AM-A first. With this setup i'm not sure a W-S offers much, I used a IF-S on the right, Ox played really well for me there opening up the wing for Bellerín, but with a AMC it might get congested.

Not saying it will definitely work, you'll just have to develop it with along with the team instructions and get the balance of players right.

Playing terrible..Four matches win and another six terrible lose, draw. Teams like Sassuolo, Frosinone wins against me....

My wingers didn't doing your jobs well.

What i must to do, how to set a tactic and roles for this my team? What you suggest me?

Wingers(S) is going to cross early and your CF(S) is dropping deep so who are going to get to the end of those early crosses? I'm not too sure you need Bacca to drop deep with your Treq there. I will also consider using 1 IF to give Bacca abit more support.

As mentioned above, you play with 2 extremely attacking fullbacks but your CMs are not protecting them. A RPM will have the license to get forward. this is likely to leave you exposed.

Wingers in the pushed up stratas, wingbacks on attack and no holding midfielder. You haven't told us about what problems you are actually facing but you look very frail defensively. It looks like it would be very easy to play counter-attacking football against you.

Playing terrible..Four matches win and another six terrible lose, draw. Teams like Sassuolo, Frosinone wins against me....

My wingers didn't doing your jobs well.

What i must to do, how to set a tactic and roles for this my team? What you suggest me?

We need to know how you want your team to play and what they're doing that you don't like. "win more and lose less" is not enough.

Are you trying to play a possession style? I'm guessing due to Retain Possession.

Are you trying to attack quickly before teams get organized defensively? I'm guessing due to Control plus super fast tempo + very attacking formation that leaves players in advanced positions.

There lots of options, but it depends what your after.

I want to play control game with ball in my posession more. I want to my wingers creating chance for my forward or when my wingers going to middle my wing backs have a space to crossing in enemy area.I don't like Inside forward.

Try to keep things simple to start with. Have a look at the Wingers instructions, they are told to Stay Wide which conflicts with the movement you want. I don't know why you don't like Inside Forwards so I'm going to suggest you use Wide Midfielders instead of Wingers. Wide Midfielders are less wing focused compared to Wingers and can be customized by adding PI's.

Try something like this:

Control + Fluid

More Pressing + Slightly Higher Line + Retain Possession

CF-S
         AP-A
WM-S   DLP-D  CM-D  WM-S

CWB-A  CD-D  CD-D  CWB-A
         GK-D

You have a natural overlap from the roles+duties so don't need to use the team instruction unless you see your wide midfielders not giving the CWB-A time to make a run.

You might be able to change the DLP or CM to a support duty since using WM-S should provide more cover. See how things play out and if you need more presence near the box from one of them and that it wouldn't leave you exposed to counter attacks.

Not saying this will work out of the box, I have never played this tactic and it might not suit your players.

Let's just say in an ideal 4-2-3-1, you want your 2 CMs to protect your wingbacks(especially with your attacking 1s) as they bomb forward. A RPM will roam from its position.

Other than that, you can try out your tactics in FMT and see how it goes.

Archived