Editing for beginners

Having played FM/CM all the way back, I've finally had a go at using the editor (FM15). I've read loads of people on the forum talking about going into the lower leagues and have always wanted to give it a go. On a quiet work day last week I've found a fantastic "How to guide" by TacticalGenius. I followed it step by step, and managed to get it set up to tier 8 (Regional First Divisions). :applause:

Id really recommend giving it a go, to anyone out there who was put off with their lack of computer skills like myself. However, I now have the lower league bug (not game bug). i want to go even lower. I researched into how these leagues work and the way i see it, there are 14 leagues (all at the same level). One team gets promoted from each league and these teams move up to one of the 6 regional first divisions above them. (2 teams into 4 of the leagues and 3 into the other 2) The problem I'm having is that the editor says i have to have an even amount of teams going into each league. Using my maths skills :brock: i worked out that i could have 3 teams coming up from each of the 14 leagues, meaning 7 teams get relegated from each of the 6 regional leagues.

I tried this out and it worked. However, it just didn't sit right with me because that's not the way it works IRL. So finally, my questions are...

1) Is it possible to set up tier 9 like in real life, and if yes can anyone please tell me how, or point me in the direction, where to find out how to set up the leagues correctly.

2) Just out of interest, has anyone taken a team this low down to champions league glory?

Thanks for any help you can give and a huge thanks to TacticalGenius for getting me set up so far

Sorry, i should have known that. Please feel free to move the thread if you can. I've had a look in the editors forum and i cant see anywhere talking about this problem. Then again my wife's always saying i don't look properly...

Sorry, i should have known that. Please feel free to move the thread if you can. I've had a look in the editors forum and i cant see anywhere talking about this problem. Then again my wife's always saying i don't look properly...

Have a work with Dan who made the English database to lvl 23 in hi sthread, there are regional divisions set for levels 8-11 i believe.

Do you know if that one works on fm15? Also when I've downloaded it. How do you get it to load onto my own editor. I've just tried a couple of old downloads for fm15. I put a copy of the download into the file documents/sports interactive/editor 15/editor data. but when i try and load it from in the editor, i cant see it. (really sorry for all the questions. It must be like when i tried to explain to my granddad, back in the day, how to program his video recorder, trying to get me to understand how to do this)

Do you know if that one works on fm15? Also when I've downloaded it. How do you get it to load onto my own editor. I've just tried a couple of old downloads for fm15. I put a copy of the download into the file documents/sports interactive/editor 15/editor data. but when i try and load it from in the editor, i cant see it. (really sorry for all the questions. It must be like when i tried to explain to my granddad, back in the day, how to program his video recorder, trying to get me to understand how to do this)

We took a year out for FM15 unfortunately. Although there were other attempts at "'unlocking' the lower leagues, I would only trust DanBTFCs though to use for a proper FM save. So your best bet is either upgrade to FM16 (its cheap now) or soldier on with FM15.

Thanks for all your reply's. I do already own fm16 but prefer fm15. However, I really do fancy giving it a go though. How do i get the download to show up in my editor 16? Please explain it like i was your granddad. Im really shocking on my pc

Thanks for all your reply's. I do already own fm16 but prefer fm15. However, I really do fancy giving it a go though. How do i get the download to show up in my editor 16? Please explain it like i was your granddad. Im really shocking on my pc

Level 11 for FM 15 - http://www.passion4fm.com/football-manager-2015-english-lower-leagues-level-11-database/

Just wanted to follow up on the thread i started, by saying thanks to everyone who's helped me finally get started with my lower league save. I've ended up staying with FM15, after finding a great database in the steam workshop. I had no idea that was even there. :kriss:

Ive gone down to Tier 10 managing the mighty Pontefract Coll and am now looking forward to taking them all the way to the top.

I hope my thread helps someone else who is still a bit clueless when it comes to modding the game

Archived