Work Permit rules- help needed

Could someone from the developing team lay out the mechanics of work permit in the game? In RL, not only is the number of caps factored in, but also the ability of the player. Even when I find a really good player, if he doesn't have lots of caps, he won't get a work permit. The notice says that the player wasn't deemed to be of a good enough standard or something. Also, players from the EPL cannot get a work permit in Scotland. Example: Jefferson Montero. It might not be a bug, but I'd like to know why this occurs.

From another thread: The country ranking is also included in the decision

Required % of international matches over previous 24 months is determined by the player’s National Association’s official FIFA ranking:

FIFA 1-10: 30% and above

FIFA 11-20: 45% and above

FIFA 21-30: 60% and above

FIFA 31-50: 75% and above

Reference period reduced to 12 months for those players aged 21 or under at time of application

Added to that if they consider a young player to be an 'exceptional talent' he may also gain a work permit. However there is no way apart from scouting to guess who may be considered as such

As for players not getting a permit with a Scottish club when playing in England, That is because it is a brand new contract and therefore they need to get a new permit and they may no longer qualify for one. A player playing in England could in theory have 4 years on a contract and be rejected a permit for a new club also in England despite the fact he can play the next 4 years if he doesn't move clubs

Work permits are ( or certainly used to be ) conditional, so the player also needs to be playing regularly in your team as well as in the national team. This is sometimes the reason that a work permit that is granted to one team, is then refused at the end of the contract or when moving clubs.

Added to that if they consider a young player to be an 'exceptional talent' he may also gain a work permit. However there is no way apart from scouting to guess who may be considered as such

As for players not getting a permit with a Scottish club when playing in England, That is because it is a brand new contract and therefore they need to get a new permit and they may no longer qualify for one. A player playing in England could in theory have 4 years on a contract and be rejected a permit for a new club also in England despite the fact he can play the next 4 years if he doesn't move clubs

How many stars would a scouted player need to have, in order to indicate an ˝exceptional˝ player?

How many stars would a scouted player need to have, in order to indicate an ˝exceptional˝ player?

Stars are relative to your own team (5 stars for you could be 2 stars for another) so you don't go by star rating but by what your scouts tell you about work permits in their report.

• 2 months later...

Sorry to bring up a somewhat forgotten thread, but I wonder: a player that is loaned in and played extensively- does he get a WP easier than if just outright bought? I have a player on my radar who looks exceptional for the league I play in. At the moment, the scout report says he'd most likely fail to gain a WP. If I loaned him in, and played him lots of games, would his chances increase? If someone has experience with the player- it's Julian Fernandez from argentina.

Sorry to bring up a somewhat forgotten thread, but I wonder: a player that is loaned in and played extensively- does he get a WP easier than if just outright bought? I have a player on my radar who looks exceptional for the league I play in. At the moment, the scout report says he'd most likely fail to gain a WP. If I loaned him in, and played him lots of games, would his chances increase? If someone has experience with the player- it's Julian Fernandez from argentina.

Work permit eligibility is judged from international appearances, how much he plays for you is largely irrelevant unless it leads to an international call up. Besides IIRC even loaning a player in requires a WP.

Work permit eligibility is judged from international appearances, how much he plays for you is largely irrelevant unless it leads to an international call up. Besides IIRC even loaning a player in requires a WP.

I remember cases where I was able to loan a player, and then when I wanted to buy him, he wouldn't get a WP.

I am guessing here, but a shot loan deal within the same nation would have the player on his existing wp.. where as signing a transfer contract requires the player to go through the wp process again.

No, there was a case of a player from Ecuador I loaned, and when I wanted to buy him, he could not get a WP.

IIRC emergency loans (less than 3 months) do not require a new visa to be issued but that does mean the player will need to already be in possession of a UK visa through his existing club, loaning a player from overseas offers no concessions in the visa application & the same eligibility rules apply as for a full transfer which under the new rules should mean it is next to impossible to loan in a non EU national.

Archived