How to Price a Player?

Say I have a young superstar currently valued at $100k. Bigger clubs want him and are bidding. How much should he be priced if I were to sell him: 500k, 1m, 10m?...

My basic question is, what is the business rationale you use to value a player? (I suppose this would be an "algorithm" combining timeline, resale value, club revenues, etc...)

Mind to share your thoughts? Thanks.

I generally go double what you would actually sell him for until you get to the really high levels.

So if you would accept about £1m for him I would set the asking price to about £2m, I think in practice its usually £2.5m as its one of the set options.

it depends on the age

I normally like to take twice their value, but then incorporate some kind of sell-on % (10-20 depending on how much they're offering), so I can profit later down the line

in the case of a young superstar, I'd probably look at 500k-1m, with possibly a 15% of next sale

Say I have a young superstar currently valued at $100k. Bigger clubs want him and are bidding. How much should he be priced if I were to sell him: 500k, 1m, 10m?...

My basic question is, what is the business rationale you use to value a player? (I suppose this would be an "algorithm" combining timeline, resale value, club revenues, etc...)

Mind to share your thoughts? Thanks.

Just last night I sold my 16 year old 'next Michael Owen'. My Head of Youth Development signed him as a 15 year old from Chester for 18k and he played 23 games for my Championship Gillingham team. Partly because I threw him in whereever possible and gave him a run once we were safe. He bagged 5 goals and was valued at 76k. I continually received offers for about 150k or 80k rising to 200k. I ended up offering him to clubs for £2m and was shocked when Norwich came back offering 800k up front, 200k after 50 league games 200k over 24 months and 25% of any future profit. I changed the 25% of profit to 25% of the whole fee and they accepted and off he went. Still only 16 and on his 3rd club. Very happy with my deal too.

With a young talent just price him at a crazy amount. Whenever a negotiable offer comes in, just try to negotiate it as high as possible. You'll have a lot of clubs that'll offer around 1-2x his value, but sooner or later you tend to get some proper offers. When the AI decides that a player is a talent, they'll keep coming back for him over and over so squeeze them for as much as you can.

Archived