Tactics going wrong not having enough shots

I dont mind losing but i'm not having enough shots on target. Last game 9 shots 1 on target.

can anyone see where i'm going wrong, because i am going wrong lol

i would just like more chances without opening up my defence as last match they had 5 shots and 3 on target in the first 10 mins

Tactics_%20%20Overview.png

Tactics_%20%20Overview-2.png

I'm not really sure that having a Treq as your lone striker is a good idea, he'll be out of position quite a bit as he'll be more a creative player than a goalscoring threat.

You have got 2 CMs and your RB on Automatic duty, IIRC on Control mentality they'll be set as support. So there's no central midfielder trying to play more advanced and possibly getting into the box late. Most of your play is focused down the flanks, so setting one of these to an attack mentailty possibly B2B might give an extra body for your wide players to aim at.

So the only real support for your lone striker is Grealish when he moves inside.

i have tried my striker as a CF and DLF and still no good. I usually have Sinclair and Grealish on the flanks and they have scored my last 3 goals Sinclair (2) Grealish (1) hows the best way to balance the attack down the middle with the flanks.

i would like my striker in the box with Sinclair and Grealish either cutting in and helping or supplying the striker.

I don't think you should be looking to control matches with that side. It's not good enough to start with and every team you face will be looking for a win. I'm playing with Villa myself and it's taken me 3 season and I'm still not comfortable using control or attacking unless I'm facing someone at the bottom of the table.

I'd say go for counter as your starting mentality. Get the fullbacks up the field to supply width. I would suggest using a DLF-A or CF-s role. CM-A or the right of center mid and if you get a creative midfielder in use him as a AP-s. I don't think any of your current CMs will suit that, except Gil and maybe Veretout when he develops a bit.

If you do switch to counter, don't use get stuck in unless there's good reason to. And I would untick build-up settings and just let it develop through the roles. The fullbacks would still see plenty of the ball.

One suggestion out of experience with this side is to have Guzan roll it out and distribute to CBs or FBs. His passing and kicking is horrible and on default he will give the ball away more times than not.

I don't think you should be looking to control matches with that side. It's not good enough to start with and every team you face will be looking for a win. I'm playing with Villa myself and it's taken me 3 season and I'm still not comfortable using control or attacking unless I'm facing someone at the bottom of the table.

I'd say go for counter as your starting mentality. Get the fullbacks up the field to supply width. I would suggest using a DLF-A or CF-s role. CM-A or the right of center mid and if you get a creative midfielder in use him as a AP-s. I don't think any of your current CMs will suit that, except Gil and maybe Veretout when he develops a bit.

If you do switch to counter, don't use get stuck in unless there's good reason to. And I would untick build-up settings and just let it develop through the roles. The fullbacks would still see plenty of the ball.

One suggestion out of experience with this side is to have Guzan roll it out and distribute to CBs or FBs. His passing and kicking is horrible and on default he will give the ball away more times than not.

thx for the help. i don;t usually play control thats my mentality for my next match Watford i thought control it and win.

i will do the changes and report back as i'm 17th at the end of December.

i've never done my own tactics so its all new to me.

Whats the best thing to put my team shape as?

Good luck! I'm not an expert at all. But I managed to find something that worked with Villa.

Team shape depends what you want your team to do really. It influences the gap in mentality between players. So on structured there is a wider gap between them and attacking players stay forward while defensive player stay back. On fluid they contribute more to each phase. Structured works well with counter as your forward players won't come too deep when you don't have the ball, and when you break it will limit the amount of players bombing forward, so you are less likely to get caught out.

i have changed a few things it seems to be helping winning a few games but having trouble keeping possession and striker having trouble at goal. He gets a header or close range goal here and there. is there a way to help with possession and help get more chances at goal. hes getting marked and cant move.

Tactics_%20%20Overview-2_1.png

Tactics_%20%20Overview-3.png

Just curious, since I am playing with Villa as well - how did you manage to sign Adebayor, Zarate, Fletcher and Rhodes?

When I started the board gave me no money for transfers and the team salary was 100k below the budget - so not much wiggle room.

I started my season with a 4-3-3 and started off nicely - 9th position after 12 games. Played Gestede upfront and he scored 11 goals in 12. Then he got injured. And it went downhill. With 2 more matches to go, I am 16th with 37 points.

As eple pointed out - get Guzan to distribute to the CD or FB. If you have him kick it up to the half way line, he will end up providing assists to the opposition to score.

For the last 10 matches I have been playing with a control / attack mentality. Depending on the match I play either a

4-2-3-1

--------TM (S)--------

IF(A)---AP(S)----W(A)

---CM(S)---CM(S)----

WB(A)-CD(D)-CD(D)-WB(A)

---------GK(D)--------------

Deep / Press sometimes

The 4 midfielders up top have close down much

Against weaker teams I have been keeping the ball more in the final third, but not getting too many goals

Have conceded only through corner kicks (too lazy to set them up till now)

or

4-2-2-2

-------DLF(S)-----CF(A)---------

IF(A)------------------------IF(A)

--------CM(S)-----CM(S)--------

FB(S)--CD(D)-----CD(D)---FB(S)

-------------GK(D)---------------

Press very high

High tempo

Direct

4 midfielders up top - close down much

I start off both the formations with attack, then after the first 5 - 10 minutes I change it to control.

The second formation has shown promise, though I have only one win with it. It helps pin the opposition in their own half. The down side is that you are open to balls put in behind the defenders since they are playing at the halfway line.

Do you get Grealish and Sinclair cutting in and going for goal?

Just curious, since I am playing with Villa as well - how did you manage to sign Adebayor, Zarate, Fletcher and Rhodes?

When I started the board gave me no money for transfers and the team salary was 100k below the budget - so not much wiggle room.

I started my season with a 4-3-3 and started off nicely - 9th position after 12 games. Played Gestede upfront and he scored 11 goals in 12. Then he got injured. And it went downhill. With 2 more matches to go, I am 16th with 37 points.

As eple pointed out - get Guzan to distribute to the CD or FB. If you have him kick it up to the half way line, he will end up providing assists to the opposition to score.

For the last 10 matches I have been playing with a control / attack mentality. Depending on the match I play either a

4-2-3-1

--------TM (S)--------

IF(A)---AP(S)----W(A)

---CM(S)---CM(S)----

WB(A)-CD(D)-CD(D)-WB(A)

---------GK(D)--------------

Deep / Press sometimes

The 4 midfielders up top have close down much

Against weaker teams I have been keeping the ball more in the final third, but not getting too many goals

Have conceded only through corner kicks (too lazy to set them up till now)

or

4-2-2-2

-------DLF(S)-----CF(A)---------

IF(A)------------------------IF(A)

--------CM(S)-----CM(S)--------

FB(S)--CD(D)-----CD(D)---FB(S)

-------------GK(D)---------------

Press very high

High tempo

Direct

4 midfielders up top - close down much

I start off both the formations with attack, then after the first 5 - 10 minutes I change it to control.

The second formation has shown promise, though I have only one win with it. It helps pin the opposition in their own half. The down side is that you are open to balls put in behind the defenders since they are playing at the halfway line.

Do you get Grealish and Sinclair cutting in and going for goal?

Zarate loan (first season), Adebayor free transfer, Fletcher i had no money to spend but asked the bored to sign him for me as i said he would help and they signed him took control of the wage negotiations. Rhodes was second season because of the tv rights i got given a decent amount to spend also bought Begovic and Jack Wilshere. my signing were cheap as well. i can post a screenshot of my signings if you want?

i do get Grealish and Sinclair cutting in but recently Sinclair thinks he's Ronaldo lol he wont pass and just runs and then kicks it wide. i have dropped him for a few games. the first season i finished 17th. as i'm new to making tactics i tried things here and there and i failed alot lol.

also having trouble with Rhodes keep getting caught offside. last game he got caught about 6 times and we lost 2-1 to Derby even tho we had the better chances.

second season i'm in mid jan and i'm about 8th i was 4th but Begovic got a 2 month injury and i played Bunn in goal, thats when it went down hill. I have not won for about 9 games now, 2 draws, lost 7

Sure, would like to see your transfer dealings.

As it stands right now in my saved game, I have released N'Zogbia, sold Sanchez and am releasing a host of youth team players.

I signed only two players - both U17 Scots, one is a GK and the other is a CD.

Am planning on giving a run to young players next season.

What is your possession averaging at? Mine is around 35% when defensive and around 45% to 55% when control/attack.

all my signings have monthly installments which is why i spent alot, knowing the prem has a good tv deal and theses players can keep me in the prem its worth the risk.

Transfers_%20%20Transfer%20History.png

i have some good young players loaned out hoping to give some a run in the cups next season. i think at the end of the seaon i will look for a striker that links better with my team and sign a few young players.

how do i check possession average?

Wow, that is some pretty decent business there.

I am tracking Valdes since he is refusing to sign a new contract at Man U.

Andre Green is someone I want to give a chance next season too.

Can't wait to finish my season and hit the transfer market. Btw, I lost out on Andrija Zivkovic - they wanted 750k upfront cash which the board refused :S

For the average possession - it shows it in the overview screen at the end of each match. I just make a note of what the value was at the end of each match and compare them. So I have a rough idea of the possession stats when playing attacking/control as compared to defending.

Also, did you try playing the forward as a False 9 or a Deep lying forward (support)? When I tried that the striker would drop in the space between the opposition defense and midfield and would also be more involved in the build up in the final third.

off the top of my head the tactic i'm using i get around 52% but some teams like Bournemouth last game they had 61% and i had 39% but won 1-0. if i use my defensive tactic for teams like Man Utd i get around 38% possession and maybe draw or lose by a goal or 2.

Andre Green does look good.

i do want to use False 9 or the DLF but Rhodes isn't that great at them. thats why i'm thinking of getting someone in that fits. Rhodes is good player but doesn't suit my tactics. which is a shame as i picked this tactic b4 i signed him. i might have to try 2 upfront to help support him better.

any ideas how i can get Rhodes to stay upfront and look for space. he can backtrack a little too much so when my inside Forwards get up front he's alittle behind them.

If you want to stick with Rhodes - there are three things I would have tried if I were in your place:

1. Give him the role of False 9 or DLF - he may not be great at them, but give it a go to see how he performs. Who knows, he might turn out okay.

2. Try playing two up front with the other striker in a False 9 or DLF.

3. Play with an AM (S) - I have struggled getting an AM to perform well.

How did it go?

I completed my first season. Got a whopping 80 million budget for season 2.

Went out and purchased Rhodes and Berahino.

Am playing two up front - Gestede (TM-S) and Rhodes (Defensive fwd-A)

On the left Grealish plays inside foward (A) and on the right Toure plays as winger (S)

Early crossing.

Played three matches (excluding pre season) and Rhodes has already bagged two goals in them.

Keen to know what you have tried and how it has worked out.

finished 8th. kept the same tactic till the end of the season. but going to change it. Rhodes does need a partner to help. so i bought Bony and got Mangala for defence. also bringing in another defender and midfielder. the trouble this season is keeping my star players.

i'm going to play two upfront now. so pre season is all about tying new tactics to go with my players.

thinking of a 4 2 4.

2 upfront 2 inside forward. maybe have counter attack to help with high tempo. will let you know how it goes.

where did you finish? hows your team playing overall and possession?

I have played only three league matches and one cup match

In the league we lost the first match 3-2 against Swansea (conceded in the last minute)

The other two matches were draws 2-2 and 3-3 (in both the matches I conceded two goals in the last 10 minutes)

My strategy is very offensive - am getting around 20+ shots on goal, 10 to 15 on target and 2-3 ccc

Still, I am conceding with balls over the top behind the FB (last 10 minutes or immediately after scoring) and through set pieces

How much did Bony and Mangala cost you?

Rooney is listed in my save game - available for 15 million! But he does not want to join a club with the stature of Villa :S

I got Lovren for 3.5 million. I know he is not the best, but is way better than Lescott. He is playing in CD along side Barker who has developed pretty nicely. Am still looking for a decent RB so that Richards can continue in CD

They both cost me £8.5 million each which isn't bad lol.

that was my problem with my old tactic. going 1-0 up only to concede a silly goal.

Lovren isn't bad but you are right better then Lescott. i haven't played Barker loaned him out 2 seasons in a row.

keep us informed on how you get on? you going to carry on your save from release or start a new game?

Am carrying on from my save from release

I normally dabble around with teams fighting relegation and work my way up to get a hang of which tactics work and which don't

Then I start a new game with Man U or Liverpool

With teams fighting relegation, it is easier if you do not win a league / cup / finish in top 4. That is not the case with top teams. So I like to make myself comfortable before I go in for the big teams

I also got Perraira from Man U for 5 million or so - mainly since Grealish and Traoure signed new contracts that have a 30 million release clause - which is peanuts for the big clubs and they might come for them any time

I also did a De Gea / Madrid / Man U on Amavi.

Monaco came in to sign him. I agreed to the transfer, then sat on it for a week, then cancelled it. He came back agitated that the transfer got cancelled, I told him about my vision of getting Villa in the champions league - which he did'nt buy. So I agreed that if they came back with an improved offer I will sell him. Now there is only one week to go before the transfer window closes :D

Monaco signed another LB instead.

I am 11 games into my second season. Currently standing at 12th position in the league.

Had four of the toughest matches in a row that I lost and was at the 20th position before I got a decent run of games and moved up the table - played against Man U (conceded 6), Liverpool (lost 3-2), Chelsea (conceded 5), Arsenal (conceded 6). Tottenham was next, but I changed tactics and won it 1-0 and this started the mini recovery. In 11 games I conceded 26 goals and 20 of those came in these four matches :S

Currently I am playing Rhodes alone up front as a Deep lying forward (s). On his right, Toure is playing as a Winger (a) and on the left its Grealish as an inside forward (a) - both in the second last band (as in if there was an AM, these two would be the wide players next to the AM).

Rhodes has managed a good goal scoring record - has the highest goals per minute in the league - 1 goal every 127 minutes.

Depending on the opposition I change the front three (e.g. push Rhodes as an advanced fwd, bring in Berahino instead of Toure or Rhodes, bring in Gestede as a target man etc.)

I noticed that Rhodes ends up offside very often if he is played as an advanced striker (a). You might want to lower your mentality to make sure he starts deeper, or just play him as a DLF (S) and he does not end up offside that often. So you need to take that into consideration as well.

I lost Amavi to PSG - they came in with an offer of 15 million, which tbh I think was very low, but Amavi wanted to go and I could'nt stop him. Bracing to lost Toure as well in Jan since he wants continental football and Arsenal are interested in him :S

Brought in Ben Davies to replace Amavi - he still needs to develop a bit, but should be decent enough in a couple of seasons.

Managed to sign Carrick who will join on a one year contract in Jan - cost me only 1.5 million. He is old (35 years), but I need someone with experience and with a good name to calm down the fans and to improve the team reputation.

How have you progressed in your game?

If you want to stick with Rhodes - there are three things I would have tried if I were in your place:

1. Give him the role of False 9 or DLF - he may not be great at them, but give it a go to see how he performs. Who knows, he might turn out okay.

2. Try playing two up front with the other striker in a False 9 or DLF.

3. Play with an AM (S) - I have struggled getting an AM to perform well.

It all depends on who is providing the service to the AM.

My formation is 4231 with a DLP behind the AM and an ADV PM playing in the AML position, Between them they provide plenty of chances for the AM and lone striker Complete Forward on support.

It all depends on who is providing the service to the AM.

My formation is 4231 with a DLP behind the AM and an ADV PM playing in the AML position, Between them they provide plenty of chances for the AM and lone striker Complete Forward on support.

Do you get the CF and AM occupying the same space or the AM does a one two and gets into a scoring position? Also, how do the two fare in terms of scoring goals?

I tried two CM behind the AM, one with DLP (S) and the other Box-to-box, but that did not give me enough control in the final third. They were supported by Wingers (A) in the middle band. But that time I was using a TM(S) up front - hoping that he would head the ball down to the AM who would make runs into the penalty area from deeper positions. This was not an effective set up for me. I am really wanting to play an AM, but I have not yet developed a system that is defensively tight to allow this. Every combination I have tried with an AM, I end up losing cover defensively and lose possession in the final third as well. Interested to know more on how you make your system work and how it fares over a season.

Do you get the CF and AM occupying the same space or the AM does a one two and gets into a scoring position? Also, how do the two fare in terms of scoring goals?

I tried two CM behind the AM, one with DLP (S) and the other Box-to-box, but that did not give me enough control in the final third. They were supported by Wingers (A) in the middle band. But that time I was using a TM(S) up front - hoping that he would head the ball down to the AM who would make runs into the penalty area from deeper positions. This was not an effective set up for me. I am really wanting to play an AM, but I have not yet developed a system that is defensively tight to allow this. Every combination I have tried with an AM, I end up losing cover defensively and lose possession in the final third as well. Interested to know more on how you make your system work and how it fares over a season.

I play 2 in midfield CM(D) and DLP(S) with 2 attacking wing-backs(risk/reward I suppose) but 2 holding mids offer protection.The ADV PM playing out wide actually tucks in to midfield very nicely and always has time on the ball.My lone striker runs the channels so leaves the space for the AM(ATT) to run into.He scores a few goals arriving on the end of crosses from either wingback.

I'm at work at the mo but if you're interested when I get home tonight i'll go into a bit more detail.

That would be great.

I am having a difficult time visualizing how the formation is set up - from what I understand, it is asymmetrical like this:

------------ST-------------

AML-------AMC------------

-----CM(D)---CM(D)------

---------DLP(S)------------

WB(A)--CD--CD----WB(A)

------------GK-------------

That would be great.

I am having a difficult time visualizing how the formation is set up - from what I understand, it is asymmetrical like this:

AML-------AMC------------

-----CM(D)---CM(D)------

---------DLP(S)------------

WB(A)--CD--CD----WB(A)

------------GK-------------

AML-------AM-----------AMR

------CM(D)----DLP(S)--

CWB(A)-CD-CD-WB(A)

---------SK(S)---------

Standard mentality,flexible.

No Man United.I don't think it matters who you play as if you have a sound tactic.I can imagine Grealish would do really well as ADV PM in AML position.

Yes standard mentality plus push higher up narrows the gap between midfield and defence.I have maybe 5 TI's(I should know them really).

I am 11 games into my second season. Currently standing at 12th position in the league.

Had four of the toughest matches in a row that I lost and was at the 20th position before I got a decent run of games and moved up the table - played against Man U (conceded 6), Liverpool (lost 3-2), Chelsea (conceded 5), Arsenal (conceded 6). Tottenham was next, but I changed tactics and won it 1-0 and this started the mini recovery. In 11 games I conceded 26 goals and 20 of those came in these four matches :S

Currently I am playing Rhodes alone up front as a Deep lying forward (s). On his right, Toure is playing as a Winger (a) and on the left its Grealish as an inside forward (a) - both in the second last band (as in if there was an AM, these two would be the wide players next to the AM).

Rhodes has managed a good goal scoring record - has the highest goals per minute in the league - 1 goal every 127 minutes.

Depending on the opposition I change the front three (e.g. push Rhodes as an advanced fwd, bring in Berahino instead of Toure or Rhodes, bring in Gestede as a target man etc.)

I noticed that Rhodes ends up offside very often if he is played as an advanced striker (a). You might want to lower your mentality to make sure he starts deeper, or just play him as a DLF (S) and he does not end up offside that often. So you need to take that into consideration as well.

I lost Amavi to PSG - they came in with an offer of 15 million, which tbh I think was very low, but Amavi wanted to go and I could'nt stop him. Bracing to lost Toure as well in Jan since he wants continental football and Arsenal are interested in him :S

Brought in Ben Davies to replace Amavi - he still needs to develop a bit, but should be decent enough in a couple of seasons.

Managed to sign Carrick who will join on a one year contract in Jan - cost me only 1.5 million. He is old (35 years), but I need someone with experience and with a good name to calm down the fans and to improve the team reputation.

How have you progressed in your game?

been busy yesterday so couldn't play much. Did a few pre season games. looking good with the tactics but want to try them in the league b4 getting happy lol.

with any luck, i might be signing Willian he should help an already good midfield. if i do sign him i might need to rethink my tactics tho as i might need to remove my second striker to a different role.

i have noticed Rhodes gets caught offside alot. Rhodes is a good player the bad thing is, no matter what i do he can't score well. i know it's my tactics with him. Grealish i find is amazing at playing as an inside forward, he makes good runs in to the box. Arsenal are after Grealish on mine, he wants to leave but he signed a new contract last season with a £42 million release fee. so i'm happy there lol.

my tactics are working better with the counter attack, control don't work well as i lost an easy pre season match with it.

do you use monthly installments are just pay the full amount?

Depends really. At the start of the transfer season I had installments for all of my payments.

But after Amavi was sold - I needed a LB quickly since it was on the last day of the transfer period, so I paid the amount in full to sweeten the deal - plus I look at it from a net perspective - as long as the net transfer money paid is positive, I am ok with it.

I gave the director of football (Steve Coppell, signed him for free) the responsibility to bring in Berahino - check this out, he is getting paid 133k per week !!! To put that in perspective, the second highest wager earner is Lovren at 65K. After I bring Carrick, he will be the second highest at 80k per week. He has done well though. His performances average between 7.5 to 9, and he bangs in goals from the inside forward position.

I kind of like the trio of Grealish - Rhodes - Berahino. It has been a productive trio. Against teams that keep attacking though, bringing Toure as an attacking Winger works wonders as he tears apart wingbacks / fullbacks that get forward with his pace and quick crossing.

During matches if I find Rhodes getting caught off side more than three times, I change him to a False 9 and try to get him come deeper. If that fails, I might drop the mentality from counter to defend and see how it goes.

Signing Berahino is a big gamble, but I hope it works out. None of the wonderkids wanted to sign for me. I lost out on Butland as well since he chose City over Villa, the fool is now warming benches for Joe Hart :p

Danny Rose was also close to signing but his agent wanted ridiculous money.

I made signed players that are rated highly in the England and Scotland U19s. Will post a shot of my transfers when I get back home. That way I like to be very speculative. I have played a 16 year old keeper for a couple of matches and he has done very well. If Guzan decides to jump ship, I see the 16 year old kid keeping the nets for half a season at least before I sign someone with experience.

This season I changed to counter attack as well - since attack and control was not working (note the 4 matches in which I conceded 20 goals, lucky to not get the sack since I also went out of the mickey mouse cup losing to Doncaster in the second round).

My dream formation is a 4-1-2-1-2 (or wide 4-4-2 diamond). Right now I have gone from 4-2-4 to 4-1-2-2-1, so I am getting there. If I get defensive stability I will move to two strikers again.

Grealish is just awesome. I think he will progress to be better than Toure, who I think is very one dimensional - an excellent winger, but that is it. Grealish on the other hand is a lot more versatile. I am prepared to lose Toure since I signed Perraira since I expected to lose either one of Grealish or Toure. Luckily Grealish signed a new contract. As an option I could also play Berahino on the right as an inside forward.

Have been too lazy to put the screenshots.

By the way, finished season 2 at 12th position - but I am still second in the sack race :S

One way I found towards the end of the season is to play counter, slow, short passing, retain possession helps get in more shots with more on target AND more possession.

The conversion still depends on the quality of players though.

How has your season progressed?

I started again after release day, thinking that i understand my tactics better. I'm using the one i put up at the start of this thread but with little tweaks here and there. I play with a lower tempo around the 60th min now helps my team unless we're losing badly.

i'm about 14th in my first season but just lost to Swansea 3-1 in the cup. My tactics got completely destroyed by them.

Will post screenshots today or tomorrow.

did you carry on your save?

Carried my save.

Got an offer from Arsenal after Wenger retired - I took it up and then reloaded my save after 6 games. It was too easy with Arsenal. Thrashed Chelsea 5-1 as well.

I felt I really haven't done anything to deserve that Arsenal job :D

So I reloaded my saved game with Villa (carried over, now into season 3). It is pre season and I have managed to get Dembele on a free transfer, so that is interesting. Other purchases include Timo Horn (15 mn) and Tosin Adarabioyo from Man City (free).

Had bids accepted for Xabi Alonso, Giroud, Tielman, Ajer - all four did not want to come to Aston. Will try to get them on loan.

I am planning to sell of either Rhodes or Gestede along with Libor Kozak.

Also I need to decide if I should sell Brad Guzan - he is 34 but still has a couple of years in him. And he is slightly better than Timo Horn.

Any specific reason for not rolling over your saved game and starting a new one instead?

I found that any stable strategy normally lasts for around 10 to 15 games after which it gets destroyed completely by the AI.

Some good signings there, how are they fitting in with your tactics?

i sold Kozak on my new save for £2 million. With Guzan thats a tough call but if you think you can get some money from him and get the wages for another player then go for it but if you feel he can help your team push on up keep him.

This year is the first year i have made my own tactics last few years i would download them but this year i found enjoyment making them, so i used the beta as a test to see how my tactics work and decided to make a new save even tho i had a very good team that could push top 8.

Before the season started I managed to sign Phil Jones and Benteke.

Had an offer accepted for Martial, but I do not need a striker that is still a work in progress.

So I had my first match against Chelsea - got beat 6-1 at home :S

I have in mind a 4-4-2 similar to what Fergie used to have during the late 90s. Might give that a go during the week and see how it fares.

Dembele and Feillaini did not add the grit in midfield that I was hoping they would.

Now with Benteke up front and Phil Jones in defense I have managed to build a team of giants :D

Benteke back lol. That be good to see.

Finished my first season 14th, now i bought Rhodes like last time but this time using him better i'm in December second season and i'm 8th. looking good still tweaking here and there but i have Sven Bender as a BWM he is amazing there it's having him thats helping my team.

just played Tottenham was 2-0 in the first 20 mins but lost 3-2 my player just fell apart after the second goal.

Phil Jones any good?

6 goals in the first match - he played CD with Lovren

I might play him on the right as FB and have Richards and Lovren as CD

I have Benteke and Rhodes up front. So I think a two striker formation would make best use of them. Both are dominant in the air, but one is a Target man while the other is an Advanced forward. That combination screams out a 4-4-2 :D

The 4-4-2 I made was strange. Had a lot of shots on goal and on target, but still no goals.

Lost a lot of matches by conceding in the last 10 minutes again - and really lucky ones like long shots, headers from outside the penalty area etc.

It was useful against weaker teams though, but against stronger teams I lost by conceding late.

Let me know how it goes for you.

Archived