Future venues and a couple of other questions

Hi. Long time player of FM series back to the amiga days. Been really enjoying the latest version (in Classic mode) but there are a couple of questions which I cannot seem to answer myself.

One relates to venues for future competitions. For example, I don't seem to be able to see where the next World Cup or Euros is taking place. Also, when my Leicester team qualify for a European competition, I would like to know where that year's final will be played - a "Road to Berlin" if you like. Or Lisbon, London or Moscow...

Also, despite faffing around with screen flows and subscriptions in both versions of the game, I cannot seem to get fixtures and matches for competitions I am not involved in to appear as they happen. In older versions, always used to get Euro/WC qualifiers and final matches. Now it as if they don't happen unless I intentionally check in on that competition.

I've fished around in the menus and cannot see an option for either of these.

Any help much appreciated

Just using this pic as an example, the Final venue for Champions League/Europa League/World Cup/Euros is always at the top.

Not in FM Classic it's not.

Have you tried clicking on a World Cup/Euro's Competition Page and looking for a tab named 'Qualifiers'? Haven't got FMC to hand at the moment so can't remember if it's possible to check future hosts.

Have you tried clicking on a World Cup/Euro's Competition Page and looking for a tab named 'Qualifiers'? Haven't got FMC to hand at the moment so can't remember if it's possible to check future hosts.

That only works for the next tournament, though, not the one after that.

In the full version, you can go to the tournament page and under news see when future hosts are announced. This goes for continental cups as well as international finals. I'm not sure if this is the case in Classic mode - or if you can tailor your subscribtions to show these in your news feed...

Seems that the venue information is only in the full version. But even then, as in the example above, it says "Venue - Estadio da Luz" which is all very well, but I think "Estadio da Luz, Lisbon" would be better for those of us who don't have an encyclopaedic knowledge of stadiums, especially as later in the game "new" stadia are built with fictional names.

Also, in very old versions of CM/FM - during World Cup tournaments the game would default to that day's WC fixtures and display the stadium and cities underneath which was a nice touch. It's only a small thing but I would love to be able to see at a glance which cities are hosting during the tournament.

Seems that the venue information is only in the full version. But even then, as in the example above, it says "Venue - Estadio da Luz" which is all very well, but I think "Estadio da Luz, Lisbon" would be better for those of us who don't have an encyclopaedic knowledge of stadiums, especially as later in the game "new" stadia are built with fictional names.

In the full version, you can also search (like you do for players) for stadiums, and it gives you some details about it - like who use it and the dimensions/condition

I think "Estadio da Luz, Lisbon" would be better for those of us who don't have an encyclopaedic knowledge of stadiums, especially as later in the game "new" stadia are built with fictional names.

I agree - or at least make the name link to the club facilities page.

Also, in very old versions of CM/FM - during World Cup tournaments the game would default to that day's WC fixtures and display the stadium and cities underneath which was a nice touch. It's only a small thing but I would love to be able to see at a glance which cities are hosting during the tournament.

That would be nice! :thup:

Archived