The Art of a True False 9

Firstly, i want to apologize for my English since it is my 5th language (the first 4 are all regional languages here). I hope u guys could understand with my explanations ahead. Also since i only have "paint" as image editor in my PC, I hope the images wont be too horrible for u guys especially the ugly arrows :p . Second, I decided to cover up some things for a reason. My goal here is just trying to make the one who create the game to reconsider the F9 role, n then willing to fix it to be more F9-ish

Hello guys. I just wanna share how a true F9 should be. We knows False 9, but not all of us truly knows what it really is

In my interpretation, a False 9 is a lone striker who tends not to occupying his original position up front. Instead, he drops deep or wide, to connect with his teammates n create space for himself or his teammates, leaving his marker with dilemmas. But unlike a deep-lying forward, he will act as a striker in the right moment, appear in the right place and the right time like a true goal getter to score. so False 9 isnt just about dropping deep.

It is fair to say, Messi can be regarded as the best real example of F9. but before him being famous, I already a fan of Johan Cruyff (influenced by my Grandfather who was also his fan). Someone who is also considered as one of the early pioneers of F9 n one of the best players for the said role.

so here is the setup

Mentality: Counter or Standart, sometime Attacking.

Team Shape: Flexible or Very Fluid

TI:

• Lower or normal Tempo for Counter, Much lower or Lower Tempo for Standart n Attacking
  • Mark Tighter
  • Prevent Short GK Distribution
  • Offside Trap
  • Roam from Position
  • Much Higher Defensive Line
  • Shorter Passing
  • Work Ball Into Box
  • Look for Overlap for Flexible Team Shape or if the Wingers are wasting possession too often
  • Play Wider/Narrower are optional, depends on the current situation
  • Closing Down instruction is given from PI

Im also using OI, but instead of weaker foot, I try to direct my opposition's attacking pattern towards my strongest area by showing them to specific foot regardless if that foot is very strong or weak for the opposition's player being targeted by my OI (few extraordinary players are still being shown to their weaker foot, ie: Messi ).

Formation

K7SiV4g.png

Yup, a standart 4-1-2-2-1 DM Wide. What else? The key here is to notice which mentality to use in the right moment. Rather than lowering or increasing the Defensive line, im prefer to switch the mentality. So if my opposition is being deep n discipline at defense, I usually use counter mentality rather than using Attacking mentality but lowering the Defensive line. I also hate Control mentality for some reasons...

here is how my team's build up phase:

TeRzvDN.jpg?1

XEBLqi2.jpg?1

3AoPtfQ.jpg?1

AigGCNj.jpg?1

this is how we create space n chances

uDH5KoP.png

j54osKA.jpg

JxDhOeG.png

WBMu5ye.jpg

6mw7LrK.png

3LeitVO.png

dBmPs6a.png

b5UX1Ml.jpg

Another Example:

NrhuTh6.jpg

tm7Kiiy.jpg

fVAdWmi.jpg

cn0Gehr.png

Analysis:

yCyVw3b.jpgA3KmMvj.pngUt6LMPF.png

Again, trying to generate discussion about your game hacking is pointless.

Discussing the rights or wrongs of the in game F9 role is fine, but hacking the game to try to illustrate your point achieves nothing.

Personally I find any number of the striker roles, along with the PPM "Comes Deep to get Ball" and one or two tweaks to PIs to be more than sufficient. Is it enough to replicate Messi? No of course not - nothing in the game (hacked or not) could achieve that, but it's more than good enough within the confines of the ME.

You clearly have a decent grasp of football knowledge, with the ability to illustrate your points through diagrams and so on. Devote your energies to that, rather than sharing your hacking skills.

Again, trying to generate discussion about your game hacking is pointless.

Discussing the rights or wrongs of the in game F9 role is fine, but hacking the game to try to illustrate your point achieves nothing.

Personally I find any number of the striker roles, along with the PPM "Comes Deep to get Ball" and one or two tweaks to PIs to be more than sufficient. Is it enough to replicate Messi? No of course not - nothing in the game (hacked or not) could achieve that, but it's more than good enough within the confines of the ME.

You clearly have a decent grasp of football knowledge, with the ability to illustrate your points through diagrams and so on. Devote your energies to that, rather than sharing your hacking skills.

your accusation is misfired. if this was sharing i would have explained how to do it, but I didnt

it is true it is wrong, but I never "teach" anyone so dont accuse me for that. If they finally fix the role, many ppl will be happy. if not, n i got banned or whatever It just me who will take the blame. not a bad gamble. it's not like im goot with society to begin with :p

n thank you about your suggestion, will think about it for sure

Archived