Best Affordable Central Defender?

mrjordan

I have Balanta and stones.

Jagielka, at 32 seems to have lost it and Shawcross has been so-so for me.

I am looking for a third central defender to go along with stones and Balanta that will give me the best group in football, especially since Balanta needs time to develop.

I want a top-flight defender that is not too old under $40 million total.

Want someone with good acceleration for interceptions, so that limits my possibilities, like Eugene K. from Russia (too slow).

Silva and Pique have enormous salaries so they are out.

Laurent K. and Komapny are now 30 years old in 2016, so too old for me.

Zouma, Hummels and Dragovic costs over $50 million

I was able to get Mustafi however he wanted a whopping $28 million salary per season. :eek:

I could not believe it, and told him to go to hell.

Otamendi can be had for $30million, but he wants over $8 million salary plus $7 million bonus plus $6 million for the agent. Even with negotiation, it's slightly too high for me and I don't want a guy who will take several seasons to develop. I just sold Munoz for $31million so I could get someone better, but pickings are slim.

Juan Jesus might be a possibility. I have heard people mention Sergio Ramos, Benatia, Boateng and Frederick Sorensen.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

I think with defenders, if you can pick them up for cheap enough then 30 isn't to old. I had a anti-old player agenda but in reality a defender can go stat wise from 30-32/33 no doubt.

Can't remember the names off the top of my head but I've managed to pick up a few bargains on this year from Shakhtar when it comes to central defenders. All seem to be quite physical and really good markers. Traditional central defenders I suppose.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived