[FM15] This is not madness! This is Spartakos! [Youth Development]

sc91

I've recently come back from a trip to Cyprus, and I am all inspired to rekindle my love with Football Manager. Whilst I was over there, I managed to snag a look around the APOEL Nicosia stadium, rather impressive. After seeing all this, I could only think of one thing, a long term save in these leagues with my favourite challenge, the youth challenge.

What this means is that I will be starting at the lowest available level for the Cypriot league in the edit I have, this so happens to be the Cypriot Third Division, two levels below the top tier of football. The challenge will be obviously that the signing of players will be prohibited, only the signing of staff will be permitted.

With that being noted and the power of random (and a choice of the coolest names available), the club of choice for this is;

262qnx1.jpg

SPARTAKOS!

Now, usually this is where someone will give you a run down of the club, it's history and traditions. However, the honest truth with this club is that even the internet can't give a clue to who they are, other then they're based in the coastal town of Larnaca and sometimes play on a weekday. Even their facebook page just had a few pictures of grass, thus here are the clubs page per FM.

vnijvo.jpg

Yeah, that tells you absolutely nothing at all. Great, thanks again SI!

Right, lets get this gravy train rolling.

262qnx1.jpg

Progress

Career Overview

Season    League                     Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15   Cypriot Third League      1st           Promotion! - Winner of Cypriot Third League 
2015/16   Cypriot Second League     2nd           Promotion! - Winner of Cypriot Second League
2016/17   Cypriot First League      11th          Relegation!

Next Season

September/October/November 2014

Straight into the nitty gritty! As there were no transfers to be made, every player at the club was signed up to a contract, we played a few friendlies but all we could attract to the lovely Cypriot coast was a few pissed up Brits and a couple overweight Russians, thus, there is no need to show that part of the action, and concentrate on what really matters, the league!

a2q4j4.jpg

Flying high!

The boys (kids..?) have hit the ground running, winner of the league goes up automatically, then it's a play-off ding-dong with the three below and three teams above to see who goes up. If we keep it up we fancy our chances.

1042k54.jpg

Our form indicates that it could happen, fingers are crossed, legs are crossed, dicks are.... yeah nevermind. However, it really has been down to two individuals.

Savvas Christou - Absolutely lethal in front of goal, the three time formeer u-21 Cypriot international has been a sensation, what he was doing down at this level, god knows, but he has been a brilliant presence up front for us and continues to lead the line with brilliance.

Alexis Panagiotou (YP0a) - One of the few players that appeared at the start of the club, and this lad has bbeen the pick of the bunch, playing dominant in the midfield, potentially could go on to feature for the club for the forseeable future.

Going forward, I have a feeling this could be a sensational season.

December/January/February 2014/15

Hohoho! What a run of form that has saw us take the title by February, albeit that the season only runs till the end of March, one can only assume this is to coincide with the tourist season? Nevertheless we continued in a great vein of form and managed to storm our way to the championship. We will be playing our football in the 2nd tier next season, though I'm worried when this will be a big step up.

2432n20.jpg

It looks even better on a picture. Going to frame this as my background. First bit of silverware.

2jfek42.jpg

We are absolute goal machine currently!

Stellios Kittos - An absolutely surprising player, been a relevance at the back and also managed to contribute goals as well, brilliant.

Dimitris Konstantinou - Didn't think this lad would amount to much but oh boy, how he has proved me wrong, sensational turn of form that has proved me to be a fool!

Bring on March, the youth intake and the finish to the season.

Great to see another youth career. They used to be commonplace a few years ago but not so much since.

Agreed I used to love reading them, the whole concept of developing the talent from within is one that excites me, as I find it far too easy these days to sign a good few newgens and start running riot!

March 2015

Final fixtures, played alot of the youth... except that's probably a normal game :lol:. Finished off the season with a traffic light effect, win loss and draw. Still a lovely way to finish up the season.

2rwqn3q.jpg

Spartakos 2014/15 Season Review

Cypriot Third League

Prediction - 8th

Actual - 1st

Cypriot Cup

n/a didn't enter

aeslc1.jpg

A picture says a thousand and words, and this has been a sensational season. We stormed to the top of the league and never looked back as the rest fought it out for the remaining three promotion spots, albeit that I thought these were play-off places, appears it's the top 4 that go up automatically, so it makes it feel slightly more special that we have been able to go up as Champions!

The team had something of a ruthless edge to them, clinical infront of goals with high determination running throughout the team, thoroughly impressed with the way proceeding have gone.

Squad Rating

Transfers

Top 3 Players of the Season

Nikolas Markou (YP0f) - Consistency was the key, providing a potent outlet on the left side of the midfield as he became an everpresent in the side.

Dimitris Konstantinou - The surprise of the season perhaps? He was generated at the start of the game and I didn't expect him to actually amount to something, certainly not our top goal scorer.

Stelios Kittos - The old man at the back, he was brilliant all season and I hope he can make the step up.

Overall, a great season which I hope we can follow up with an equally great one next season, I feel it's important that we can try and make it to the top tier as soon as possible as the lower echeleons don't seem all that impressive.

Spartakos 2015/16 Preview

Cypriot Second League

Prediction - 13th

Expectation - 10th

Cypriot Cup

Prediction - Enjoy

Expectation - Enjoy

Hoping to just survive the league this year and continuing building up a healthy set of youth to take on the big boys at the top... the media doesn't fancy us at all :D.

w2d3sz.jpg

Sadly we got some bad news.

Stellios Kittos decided to retire and shortly after our goalkeeper Zoltan Nagy also decided to call it a day, albeit at the end of this season, as such I am left with a dilemna as to whether to promote my youth keeper at such an early age or leave him in the reserves to learn his trade a tad bit before thrusting him into the limelight, gut feeling says Nagy will serve us well.

We had this lovely message appear as well.

33cxirn.jpg

Woooo! :D

Played a fair few friendlies to try and get a grip on where we could fit in the league, but also to try and build the lads confidence up. Overall, I am quite satisfied with the state of the events.

334na82.jpg

Onwards to the season ahead and fingers crossed for survival.

September/October/November 2015

A tier up and a step up in quality, but the young lads have not only adapted to the new surrounding, they're practically running wild!

i77ejs.jpg

Can't quite believe the way the team has performed, some of the performances have been very lucky, mind. I run out of fingers when counting the amount of goal line clearances we've had or the amount of times the offside trap have saved us, is that a sign of a good team? Who knows. Irregardless, any fears of relegation have been wiped away! Long may it continue!

3478txv.jpg

Quite a few one goal differences. Highlighting the teams determination, or the fact the average age of backline is 17 :D?

Dimitris Konstantinou - What a man he is. Quickly becoming one of my favourite FM players, and hes a newgen, seems to have an uncanny ability to stick it in the net despite his somewhat lacklustre attributes, very happy!

Can't argue so far... hopefully we can maintain it!

Archived