Dilemma

Im in 2030 and managing Elche in La Liga at the moment. Barcelona just offered me the job but the reason I am in a dilemma is because they just sacked me the season before for finishing second in my first season.

I started at Man Utd where I won five leagues and two CLs. Then onto AC Milan where I won three leagues and got to three European finals - losing all three ? In between I managed Italy to the Confederations Cup and just before I took the Barca job, I took Spain to the European Championship. You would imagine they would give me a bit more time than a season but now they want me back [after I spanked them 3-0 last season and they failed to even qualify for the CL]

I am torn between going back and finishing a job I didnt get to see through or sticking with Elche.

With my first season in Elche I finished 12th. Budget is very, very tight but I have picked up a number of very tasty free transfers in the summer window just gone that leaves me with a degree of optimism going forward but it will be a far slower road to success than upping sticks and going to Camp Nou.

What would you guys do?

Well if I was in your position then the choice would be easy; stay with Elche.

Reasons? Well for one, I would NEVER go back to a team that sacked me for a start, so Barca is ruled out automatically. Looking into the grand scheme of things though, I (being you) have already managed big clubs and won a large amount of trophies so Elche provides something different; that is the opportunity to bring success to a smaller club, and build a club up to take on the titans of Spain and in future, Europe.

Personally, I would go to Barca. I think one of my favourite things is to take the job at fallen giants and restore them to their former glory - hopefully to be hailed as a messiah and have statues erected and stadiums named after me! Whoa! I just got away from myself a bit there.

Well if I was in your position then the choice would be easy; stay with Elche.

Reasons? Well for one, I would NEVER go back to a team that sacked me for a start, so Barca is ruled out automatically. Looking into the grand scheme of things though, I (being you) have already managed big clubs and won a large amount of trophies so Elche provides something different; that is the opportunity to bring success to a smaller club, and build a club up to take on the titans of Spain and in future, Europe.

I decided to go back to Barca. I got sacked again by November sitting in 12th place.

That was unexpected.

• 2 weeks later...
I decided to go back to Barca. I got sacked again by November sitting in 12th place.

That was unexpected.

Revenge is sweet. After leaving Barca, I took the job at Athletic Bilbao and guided them to Europe before Real Madrid came knocking.

Three seasons, two La Liga titles, two Spanish Cups, a World Club Championship and a Champions League title later, I can safely say they regret sacking me.

Archived