What's your most stressful derby?

I have just played my most heart sinking match ever! Man Utd vs Liverpool, we came into the match with 3 central defenders missing similar to real life but my attack prevailed. :D

92454f12a55c89d871f56b9cefcdebd9.png

Liverpool aren't in the best form at the moment but they definitely gave us a game!

What's your most stressful derby?

Good question.

My most recent one would've been the Hamburger derby - St Pauli and HSV. I was St Pauli, and in my first season I faced them in the cup. They beat us 3-0, but with us looking good for promotion that year, we knew we'd get another shot at them. Fast forward one year and we started well in the Bundesliga, while our rivals looked in danger of relegation. We could only manage a 1-1 draw in the first derby, but really could - and should - have won it. We had to face them again, away from home, just five games from the end of the season. Our good form had turned sour, and there's had stagnated. Both of us were now in danger of relegation, but a win for us could all but relegate them. We took the lead 30 seconds in. They equalised. We took the lead again. We looked like we'd do it, and send our Hamburg brethren into the second tier while we survived. Until the 93rd minute, when they equalised a second time. Results went our way and on the final day of the season they let in a goal that effectively relegated them, and pushed us up into the playoff. Unfortunately we lost that playoff, and both tumbled into the second tier. I never got the chance to face them again, sacked three games into the new season from our extremely picky board.

The only other one that springs to mind is the save where I decided to add two managers, and place them at opposite sides of some of the biggest rivalries in World football. I started in Uruguay, one at Nacional and one at Penarol. The way I was covering the matches for FMCU put a lot of pressure on each one, especially since, for fairness, I wasn't controlling either team. Watching those matches back was intense...

1860 Munich v Bayern in the Cup final. 1860 (who I was managing) were 2. Bundesliga at the time, and Byayern had won the league by a country mile. Managed to shut them out in the first half (they didn't have a single shot let alone one on target) and I should've been 1-0 up but my striker fluffed it. 15 minutes into the 2nd half, they got a dodgy penalty and went 1-0 up. Got more men Forward and hit the post but was to no avail. A brave 0-1 defeat, but a tad stressful!

Good question.

My most recent one would've been the Hamburger derby - St Pauli and HSV. I was St Pauli, and in my first season I faced them in the cup. They beat us 3-0, but with us looking good for promotion that year, we knew we'd get another shot at them. Fast forward one year and we started well in the Bundesliga, while our rivals looked in danger of relegation. We could only manage a 1-1 draw in the first derby, but really could - and should - have won it. We had to face them again, away from home, just five games from the end of the season. Our good form had turned sour, and there's had stagnated. Both of us were now in danger of relegation, but a win for us could all but relegate them. We took the lead 30 seconds in. They equalised. We took the lead again. We looked like we'd do it, and send our Hamburg brethren into the second tier while we survived. Until the 93rd minute, when they equalised a second time. Results went our way and on the final day of the season they let in a goal that effectively relegated them, and pushed us up into the playoff. Unfortunately we lost that playoff, and both tumbled into the second tier. I never got the chance to face them again, sacked three games into the new season from our extremely picky board.

The only other one that springs to mind is the save where I decided to add two managers, and place them at opposite sides of some of the biggest rivalries in World football. I started in Uruguay, one at Nacional and one at Penarol. The way I was covering the matches for FMCU put a lot of pressure on each one, especially since, for fairness, I wasn't controlling either team. Watching those matches back was intense...

I would have been pulling my hair out watching this game!

Archived