[FM15] kingjericho tours Europe

kingjericho

y2j_eur.png

FM15: kingjericho tours Europe

Now that I have my hands on the beta I can finally start playing - and hopefully enjoying - FM15. My plan this years has been set for quite some time, and it consists of a journeyman career througout various nations across Europe.

My initial setup is the following:

Game_kingjericho_tours_Europe_Game_Status.png

I have around 40000 players in 19 playable divisions. I set some nations to view only as my computer can only handle so much, but the plan is to activate those nations and delete lower divisions if I am progressing well. My biggest concern now is that this setup is still to much for my laptop, but I hope it can deal with it at a reasonable speed.

My profile looks like this:

Home_My_Profile_Profile.png

I wanted my profile to be as realistic as possible, which means no coaching badges and sunday league reputation. That also means low attributes :p I chose to be a tactical coach as I enjoy the squad building and the stability more than the training aspect itself.

I am starting unemployed and will start holidaying until I find a job as of the beginning of the game. My next update will be when I find a job, and hopefully it's tomorrow (real life time :D).

Wish me luck!

Hopefully kingjericho tours better than Chris Jericho ;)

Good luck with this mate, looking forward to reading your updates :thup:

Your profile as realistic as possible? Does that include the picture?
Absolutely :p Caucasian male with (more) hair and (less) beard :D

After a couple interviews I finally receive a concrete offer:

Inbox_Inbox.png

I wasn't expecting to start in England, especially after going to interviews for portuguese clubs, but at this stage I should take whatever I can and so I did.

Inbox_Inbox_2.png

One year contract only, if it goes well we'll talk later about continuing. I wouldn't be opposed to a Leonardo Jardim-esque career, having started out at Chaves and then going to Beira-Mar, Braga, Olympiacos, Sporting, and now Monaco, having only stayed one season at every club.

Vanarama_Conference_Overview_Stages.png

Chester haven't had a good start and the expectation is to finish mid-table. There's more than enough time to turn things around but I can't take too long to start getting points because morale is already low and I don't believe I will be given much margin.

200px-Chester-fc.svg.png

Chester - 2014/15 December update

We've reached Boxing Day and so far I haven't made much of an impact.

Schedule_Senior_Fixtures.png

Of course I wasn't expecting to take over and start banging goals left and right - well, actually that somewhat happened as we have been scoring a bit, but conceding more. Surprisingly enough, our performance in the cups so far has been satisfactory.

I'm still figuring out a tactic that isn't my usual terrible attempt. It seems my long friend from FM12 still has its charm, as seen by our last encounters we appear to have figured out how to outscore the opposition.

In terms of squad quality, it is not much. But we're over the wage budget and I don't have much options but to stick with this group until I can get some loans and offload dead weight.

Vanarama_Conference_Overview_Stages.png

We're still in the crapper. But our (very) recent form has given me confidence that we can still crawl out of this.

200px-Chester-fc.svg.png

Chester - season 2014/15

League - we tried to crawl out of this hole that, at times, was of 11 points, but in all honesty we didn't deserve to stay up. Our defense was one huge leak throughout the season and we didn't manage to win enough matches.

Needless to say, I was sacked. On to the next club then.

Career overview

Season    Club        Division              Position    Notes
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15   Chester     Vanarama Conference   21st        Relegated and sacked

I didn't want to be unemployed for a long time so I decided to take this offer:

Inbox_Inbox.png

Hayes & Yeading finished 13th last season and now my immediate goal is just to have a decent season. I have a lot of scouting to do, as the squad is very short and has a handful of loanees who are on the way back to their clubs.

200px-Hayes_%26_Yeading_United_FC.svg.png

Hayes & Yeading - 2015/16 December update

A better start than I had with Chester for sure. Hereford have been far better than the rest but we are strong in the playoff contendership.

December was a bad month with 1 win and 4 losses, which isn't helped by our poacher being on a 9-hour goalless drought.

Vanarama_Conference_South_Overview_Stages.png

Things can only be on the up from here!

I hate those goal scoring droughts too, perhaps putting him on penalty duties will help the problem a little? :)

He has 5 for penalties... I rather not. Plus the penalty taker is the other striker who is supposed to score less, but he's the one in good form right now.

Good news!

Inbox_Inbox.png

With 5 matches to go we guarenteed a spot in the playoffs, which is great since the board's expectation was a mid-table finish.

The not so good news is that Hereford have been relentless the entire season and our chances of catching them are very short. So we're destined for the playoffs, where I personally have a history of blowing my chances.

Hayes & Yeading - season 2015/16

League | Squad | Transfers | Finances

We ended the league stage in great form with a run of 7W 0D 1L, and headed to the play-offs in 2nd place.

Schedule_Senior_Fixtures.png

We almost blew it, but we did it! Bishop's equalized in the final minutes but in ET the only highlight was our goal, and we deserved every bit of it.

Next season I think our performance will depend on how big the wage budget will be. This defense was 3/4 loaned so that sector will need rebuilding. Plus, we conceded a lot of goals and we'll concede more now that the majority of teams are better than us. So there are many signings to be made, and the strength of the squad will depend on our financial power. This year the budget was stretched to the maximum so I'll need a lot more money to have a good squad next season.

Season   Club              Division               Position    Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15  Chester           Vanarama Conference    21st        Relegated and sacked
2015/16  Hayes & Yeading   Vanarama Conf. South   2nd         Promoted via play-off

Hayes & Yeading - season 2016/17

League | Squad | Transfers | Finances

After an unexpected promotion the previous season we were heavy favourites for relegation this season. And we were the weakest team in the league for numerous reasons.

First, the board refused to increase the wage budget which led to a frustrating inability to sign decent players. I had to rely solely on the players that I already had and some loans. And even with the new board taking over and bringing cash injections to the club, I still didn't get what I needed.

Our squad was, by far, the weakest in the league. Plus, an incredible run of injuries hampered our chances of fielding strong lineups in various matches.

Striker Joe Anyinsah had 6 in match injuries this season that cost him a total of 11 weeks off :mad:

In all fairness, we underperformed, but keeping this squad safe from relegation was a task that only a few masterminds would pull off, and I certainly did not.

I resigned and am off to the next job!

Season   Club              Division               Position    Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15  Chester           Vanarama Conference    21st        Relegated and sacked
2015/16  Hayes & Yeading   Vanarama Conf. South   2nd         Promoted via play-off
2016/17  Hayes & Yeading   Vanarama Conference    24th        Relegated

Inbox_Inbox_3.png

Logo_du_Hy%C3%A8res_Football_Club.gif

Going to France now. I had some offers from Conference clubs but Hyères' offer had a bigger wage budget, and in terms of reputation it was the same. So I decided to leave England (for now) and take this chance. France is a good nation to manage, there are lots of quality free agents and the schedules isn't so demanding as it is in England.

Archived