Hiring Staff Question

So after i got promoted after finishing 1st in Skrill North, I would like to upgrade my staff in the off-season my question is what do i look for when searching for upgrades in each of the following staff members:

U18 HC (Attacking, defense, goaltending and working with youth)

U21 AC (Attacking, defense, goaltending)

Head of Youth (Attacking, defense, goaltending and working with youth)

Coach: Currenty coach is Paul Bennett who is 11 in defense and attacking however 2 in goaltending.

U18 Coach (Attacking, defense, goaltending and working with youth)

Chief Scout (Im assuimg judging potenial and player ability?)

if im missing something please let me know..

All coaches need, apart from the skills for their training categories, DDM. That is determination, discipline, motivation.

Fitness/Aerobic: Fitness, DDM

Shot Stopping: GK, Tactics, DDM

Handling: GK, Technical, DDM

Tactics: Tactical, DDM

Ball Control: Technical, Mental, DDM

Defending: Defending, Tactical, DDM

Attacking: Attacking, Tactical, DDM

Shooting: Technical, Attacking, DDM

The attribute written in bold is the most important, but do not neglect the other attributes if you can afford...

As an example: a coach with 20 for tactical coaching but only 3's for each of DDM will still only get a 2.5*-rating.

• 2 weeks later...

During my first season with my Skrill North squad i can only have 6 members which includes 2 scouts, youth development, goalie coach, U18 coach, physio how do i go about letting the board let me hire more staff members or once i get promoted do i request for more staff spots

During my first season with my Skrill North squad i can only have 6 members which includes 2 scouts, youth development, goalie coach, U18 coach, physio how do i go about letting the board let me hire more staff members or once i get promoted do i request for more staff spots

So you can't even get an assman or generalized coach? Ordinarily I'd say look for a coaching "generalist" that has some low-but-broad-spectrum knowledge in several categories. Obviously at that level highly-rated staff aren't going to talk to you or if they do will be well out of your salary range. In lower leagues, I generally start out with coaches that have some ratings in the 6-8 range, and as we move up and staff positions are added, slowly transition the lower-rated staff out.

You can ask the board for more coaches as you would facility upgrades, I've done it before.

Kojak 123 post is spot on as well, you may look at their personality as well, as it may effect the regen personalities as well, though at skrill level just go for the best you can using Kojak 123 formula.

I read somewhere and have it joted down what numbers for crucial or secondary stats are good for what level of football your team is playing

Obviously higher is better, just use it as a rule of thumb.

Premier - crucial 16, secondary - 12

Championship/league 1 - crucial 14, secondary 10

Conference/league 2 - crucial 12, secondary 8

Kojak 123 post is spot on as well, you may look at their personality as well, as it may effect the regen personalities as well, though at skrill level just go for the best you can using Kojak 123 formula.

In order to avoid copy right infringements I should add that I took that from somewhere else. There are quite good calculators out there which tell you how many stars a coach will have (if used in one category only...)

So, I'm managing a Championship side, in FM2014 Classic Mode, 14.3, but I still can't sign a single coach of any kind. According to the search bar, there is no such thing as a 'coach' in my game- just assistant managers, heads of youth development, and head scouts. I've allegedly got a scouting team of three scouts, but according to the staff roster, only the head scout exists- the other two who I allegedly have aren't even displayed. It's even saying that the biggest clubs in the world- Barca, RM, BM, MU, etc- don't employ so much as a single coach. What's wrong with this game?

I have never played classic, so i don't know if they should exist or not. That said it seems like a bug.

Just checking, you're not playing with an edited set up or something? Maybe something wrong there?

If not, either do a re-install, or report it in the bugs forum.

• 2 weeks later...

Shot Stopping: GK, Tactics, DDM

Handling: GK, Technical, DDM

Thanks for this. Never realized tactics and technical played a part in goalkeeping training, but now it seems obvious when you think about that (positioning etc.).

So, I'm managing a Championship side, in FM2014 Classic Mode, 14.3, but I still can't sign a single coach of any kind. According to the search bar, there is no such thing as a 'coach' in my game- just assistant managers, heads of youth development, and head scouts. I've allegedly got a scouting team of three scouts, but according to the staff roster, only the head scout exists- the other two who I allegedly have aren't even displayed. It's even saying that the biggest clubs in the world- Barca, RM, BM, MU, etc- don't employ so much as a single coach. What's wrong with this game?

This is how it works in Classic mode.

So after i got promoted after finishing 1st in Skrill North, I would like to upgrade my staff in the off-season my question is what do i look for when searching for upgrades in each of the following staff members:

U18 HC (Attacking, defense, goaltending and working with youth)

U21 AC (Attacking, defense, goaltending)

Head of Youth (Attacking, defense, goaltending and working with youth)

Coach: Currenty coach is Paul Bennett who is 11 in defense and attacking however 2 in goaltending.

U18 Coach (Attacking, defense, goaltending and working with youth)

Chief Scout (Im assuimg judging potenial and player ability?)

if im missing something please let me know..

You are missing something :-)

Take a look here. This explains how staff works (roles and attributes).

I was watching some youtube videos... some of those teams have the Manager, U18 manager assistant manager so forth however mine has head coach instead of the manager title for my job. How do i switch it so that i go as Manager not Head Coach

it's because you're American

I guess you could change the language (to English UK), but that's why it's "head coach" and not "manager"

it's because you're American

I guess you could change the language (to English UK), but that's why it's "head coach" and not "manager"

thanks... my last question is if u have a player/coach but you want to keep the player as the player but get rid of his job title in the game can u do that or if u fire the coach ur terminating the player as well?

thanks... my last question is if u have a player/coach but you want to keep the player as the player but get rid of his job title in the game can u do that or if u fire the coach ur terminating the player as well?

Never tried but as you have one contract with this person I suppose you lose him completly. You could try to offer him a new contract with player only but I'd expect him to refuse that contract offer...

Archived