Can't buy players ... getting annoyed !

Hi,

I am managing R.Madrid and my focus is set to get youngsters and develop them. But every time I bid for a player I keep getting rejected.

I have even offered upto 30mil for 17 year olds just to see how far high I have to pay and still get rejected. (This is for every club)

I don't know what the issue is here, even buying players for first team is 3 times the value of the player even when he is listed for less and is not wanted by the club.

Annoyed and probably will stop playing FM ever again if this persists.

Please Help,

Thanks.

The problem is the way you approach them.

The first thing you have to understand is you don't have some divine right to buy anyone you want.

Use your scouts, identify who is available and identify the right time to approach them. Transfers don't happen overnight they take time & effort. If a player is happy at his club and they are using him its unlikely they will want to sell while for young players they they won't want to move to your club just to sit in the youth team, they can do that at home where they are.

I'll say again though take note of your scout reports, they tell you if the player is available, how much he is likely to cost in transfer fees & wages & how much interest he has in moving to your club.

Teenagers generally won't want to move until they sign pro deals.

Even then unless you are offering a first team role its going to be much more difficult. You probably won't be able to sign any that play for a a reasonable sized club but you should be able to bully smaller clubs into selling them for a £100k or so.

If your scout doesn't give you an estimate on what the transfer fee for a player will be, then don't even bother trying to get the player because even if you do somehow manage to convince the club to sell, it will be at a ridiculously inflated price (I've had 100M+ bids rejected for players worth around 20M in these situations). If you really want the player but the club doesn't want to sell then just stick them on your shortlist and check back at the start of every transfer window to see if anything has changed.

Yeah, chances of signing someone U17 are pretty slim if they're already at a decent club.

Some will be interested, but most will want to stay. If it's a small club, they're much more likely to move (for example, as Newcastle I can poach players from Championship clubs and some of the smaller European leagues, but have no chance if it's another Premier League club or someone like Ajax).

If your scout doesn't give you an estimate on what the transfer fee for a player will be, then don't even bother trying to get the player because even if you do somehow manage to convince the club to sell, it will be at a ridiculously inflated price (I've had 100M+ bids rejected for players worth around 20M in these situations). If you really want the player but the club doesn't want to sell then just stick them on your shortlist and check back at the start of every transfer window to see if anything has changed.

One way to find out is to use the "Add as transfer target" option. If a deal is actually possible, it will happen, and then you can cancel it if the fee is too ridiculous.

Also, for teenagers, check their Contract screen. If it says "Provisionally agreed to sign a £XXXX contract on XXXX date" then it doesn't matter how much money you bid - they've agreed to stay at their current club at least until that date and they will.

In the meantime, just stick anyone you like the look of onto your shortlist. Most clubs will consider bids for a player if there's 12 months or less left on their contract - you can get some ridiculous bargains this way.

Unsettling players is the way to for tricky transfers.

I was chasing a player from Boca valued at £4.5m had bids up to £12m rejected so I started to talk to the press about him. Two months later he was transfer listed by request with an asking price of £3.7m

Archived