Is the bundesliga fun long term?

Playing Gladbach atm in my 2nd season and it seems most of the bundesliga talent is getting poached by the Big teams in EPL. Wolfsburg getting poached, Schalke getting poached by EPL teams. Does it get any better long term?

Everyone's save is going to be radically different, so it's not the easiest question to ask.

Agreed. Had a German save myself recently. Was fun, but can be hard to break the domination of Bayern and Dortmund. Fun but fustrating and personally for me, it didn't hold my attention. Assume it would be too easy as Bayern manager and for me that would take the fun out of it. Why not pick a third tier team and work your way up?

Agreed. Had a German save myself recently. Was fun, but can be hard to break the domination of Bayern and Dortmund. Fun but fustrating and personally for me, it didn't hold my attention. Assume it would be too easy as Bayern manager and for me that would take the fun out of it. Why not pick a third tier team and work your way up?

I strongly recommend the latter. I' ve had a wonderful save with Burghausen (3rd Divison) on FM 14 and Munster (3rd Division) on FM 12. I got them both promoted and managed them with moderate success, althought I didn't stick around enough to win a European trophy. 3rd Division teams in Germany are nice to manage, because they have more money in comparison to the third tier in other European countries, so you could avoid the frustration of managing extremely low profile players, while at the same time work your way to the top, if thats your preffered management style.

I enjoyed my one FM11 save in the German leagues. I ended up being approached by a struggling Schalke side, and it was fun to turn them into Munich/Dortmund beaters. There seems to be a bit more parity among the top teams in Germany, despite Bayern's clear #1 status. Five different clubs have won the title over the past 11 real life seasons, which is probably better than most domestic leagues.

FM14 could be different, though.

Archived