[FM14] The Wandering Scotsman

gooseta

Intro

I am starting my first thread in this section of the forum with a journeyman career. It's not only my first post here, but it is my first journeyman career since starting in FM11. I'll be looking to hop from club to club, not staying at one for more than two seasons. Anyway, let's begin!

Countries & Leagues

England - Skrill Premier

Brazil - Second Division

Germany - Second Division

Italy - Serie B

N.I. - Belfast Telegraph C1

Scotland - Scottish League 1

Spain - Liga Adelante

Ukraine - First League

Wales - Welsh Premier League

Large database. Not many leagues loaded as my laptop isn't very good. Players added to playable teams.

The Manager

Angad Srin, born in the modest Highland town of Inverness on the 10th of April, 1980, played as a semi-professional footballer in the Scottish lower leagues. The highlight of his career was a loan spell at his hometown club, Inverness CT. He retired aged 32, and is now unemployed, eager to return to football.

Shrewsbury Town have offered me a job interview. We disagreed about improving the youth setup though :(

Attended Sport C Recife interview. They offered a massive transfer budget of 325k!

Attended Larne interview. They are pretty bad compared to Shrewsbury and Sport C Recife so not very interested.

I got offered the Shrewsbury and Larne jobs, delayed for a week waiting for Sport's response, but they said no, so Shrewsbury it is!

Shrewsbury_Town_FC.svg

Angad Srin's Management Career - New Club - Shrewsbury Town[/b]

Full Name: Shrewsbury Town Football Club

Nickname: Salop

Year Founded: 1952

Stadium: The Greenhous Meadow (9,875 all-seater)

AngadSrin_NewsInbox.jpg

Their trophy cabinet is modest but dusty, with their last competition win in 1994.

Finances And Squad

Shrewsbury_BoardroomFinances.jpg

Great finances, with a predicted 700K profit this season. After some tinkering, a wage budget of 27.55K and a transfer budget of 187K.

ShrewsburyTown_SquadPlayers.jpg

Some very good players in the squad, and we have a solid defense and attack. We need to work on our midfielder and no.1 priority is replacing our ageing goalkeeper.

EDIT : Computer ran out of battery

Team Goals

Board:

League 1 - Don't get relegated

FA Cup - Third Round

League Cup - Second Round

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - Not important

Srin :

League 1 - Don't get relegated

FA Cup - Second Round

League Cup - Third Round

JPT - Semi-finals

Transfer Activity Update : 21 July

Out

Callum Burton - 39.5K to Burnley - 16 y.o. hot prospect goalkeeper. Sad to see youth go but a very handsome fee for such a young player

Danny Coyne - Free - Dreadful 39 y.o. gk.

In

Mark Howard - 63K from Sheffield United - Solid keeper to eventually replace our 31 y.o. , Chris Weale

Firstly, sorry for not updating this thread, I'm playing about six different saves atm, and my laptop sucks so playing with 10 nations is not ideal :/

Secondly, we lost our first league game at home to MK Dons 2-0. The scoreline flatters us, as they had no less than SEVEN CCCs, while we managed 4 shots 3o/t, and 0 CCCs.

Thirdly, signed Balanta from QPR for a bargain price of 44K. Here are his stats:

U54gqc3.jpg

Playing Burnley in the League Cup next. I'll do monthly updates from now on.

Monthly Report - August '13

Results.

VnyasNP.jpg

A 4-1 defeat to Burnley sounds bad, but we went in at half time level at 1-1. Our defense made some costly mistakes, and we let 3 in. The Leyton Orient match was great, and our backline was solid. We led in all of the last three games and were unlucky not to get a point at coventry, conceding a penalty in the 89th minute.

Manager Comments :

Our attack has been very good but defensively we are extremely leaky. Our defense has let us down when we were leading matches, I'm hoping that these issues will be resolved once we know the tactic a little better...

Player(s) of the month:

Angelo Balanta has been sensational, scoring 4 in 5. Loan signing Gozie Ugwu has played well up front and grabbed three assists, but no goals...

Tactic used :

t3azheW.jpg

Any comments/suggestions on improving the tactic would be appreciated.

Next month's games

8erFoG3.jpg

I'm hoping to eek out a win, maybe on pens, against Tranmere, and four points in the league. We start with a winnable game at Bristol but Wolves and Crawley will be tough matches.

Monthly Report - September '13

Results.

bBMEaAy.jpg

A devastating loss to Tranmere means we're out of all three cups. After this we bounced back, producing a brilliant display against Bristol. Crawley was a case of bad defending once again. We managed to secure a morale-boosting 1-1 draw with wolves, which we could have easily won had Balanta not missed two sitters. After this I was confident going into the Bristol game, but our attack didn't show up and our defending was dreadful.

Manager comments :

Slightly worse attacking, but slightly better defending (we nearly kept a CS!). Also reached our goal of 4pts.

Player of the month :

Our 21 y.o. AMR, Jon Taylor, got 2 goals and two assists. Honorable mention to Luke Summerfield, who made some great interceptions in the midfield, and earned ratings of 6.7, 7.2, 6.7, 6.7, 6.7

Tactic used :

BhHnA5K.jpg

Next fixtures :

iJpUki0.jpg

A very tough month, but I'm setting the bar high at 5 points. We've got to get some decent results before we become separated from the rest of the pack.

Table.

IdzAGV9.jpg

Six different saves? I only ever play one at a time.

I start them, then abandon. I'm not a very patient person :/. I really only have three, this save, my gibraltar save, and my successful Norwich save (1xEPL, 2xFA)

Monthly update coming shortly, and it's not good :(

EDIT : Colchester's Marcus Bean sent off, and three minutes later we're 2-1 up! Aaaaannnnddd we're 3-2 down.

EDIT : In the final game of the month, after 32 mins, Brentford have a man sent off!

Monthly Update - October '13

vbUCsxv.jpg

We did it. We somehow got 5 pts despite our complete inability to defend. We came back from 2-0 down in each of the first two draws. We were demolished by Peterborough, but tbf they were in amazing form, and showed just how bad we are by LOSING to a team with 10 men. We went in at half time 1-0 down, with a man advantage. We came out, scored two in ten minutes, and then gave it all away. In the final game of the month we managed to finally beat a side who had 10-men, still an impressive feat considering they are in first place.

Manager comments :

Our IFs are scoring, but our striker isn't. Our defense is horrible at defending set-pieces.

Tactic used :

See previous post

Next fixtures :

1PHAkEm.jpg

Port vale, oldham, and stevenage are all games which we can win, and Notts County are mid-table, so we may be able to get a draw. Points target is 7.

Drew Bristol in the FA Cup, should be able to beat them.

Table.

qABcbKi.jpg

Monthly Update - November '13

Results.

cy6LNCq.jpg

A solid end to a month which started horribly. We went ahead in the Sheffield Utd and Port Vale matches but our defense let us down. A spirited performance against a top-half team meant we earned a morale-boosting win. We then absolutely thrashed Oldham, but failed to finish our chances in a bore draw with Stevenage

Manager comments:

Our defense was great in the last three games, making crucial interceptions and actually passing the ball. Our strikers are getting used to the lone striker role and the IFs are cutting in nicely.

Signing :

I signed Seyi Olofinjana, a solid CM with decent mental and physical attributes, on a free as I felt we needed some more experience in this relegation battle.

eWbBslw.jpg

Next fixtures :

P75d3qn.jpg

We should beat Tranmere, and possibly Walsall as we are on a good run. I'm going to set an ambitious goal of six points.

Table.

BZhEB95.jpg

We're out of the relegation zone, but Coventry are in great form.

Q2F0aef.jpg

!!!

Apparently a win ratio of 22% with a League One side is enough to get me an interview at Villarreal.

gnN1tBRl.jpg

(sorry about massive image)

It went well. I agreed that I could get them out of the relegation zone, and they offered a massive transfer kitty of 8M.

Went for interviews at Preston, Sociedad and Levante. Preston and Levante said thanks, but no thanks. Maybe sociedad...

Monthly Update - December '13

Results.

G71YZuo.jpg

Two great wins have moved us out of the relegation zone. Our defense keeps getting stronger and we seem to be playing well with our tactic. However, Balanta's form has dipped in recent weeks, his last goal coming six matches ago.

Next fixtures.

xWE0nED.jpg

Leyton Orient, Swindon, and Colchester will be very tough matches, so I'll aim for another six points this month.

Table.

iKJZb9H.jpg

Rcd_mallorca.svg

Angad Srin's Management Career - New Club - R.C.D Mallorca S.A.D

Full Name: Real Club Deportivo Mallorca, S.A.D.

Nickname: Les Bermellones

Year Founded: 1916

Stadium: Iberostar Estadi (23,142 all-seater)

SuSaqFV.jpg

Another club with a pretty barren trophy cabinet.

Finances And Squad

xYhWov3.jpg

Bad. Very bad. Nearly 2M in the red projected for the end of the season. Probably because we have a massive squad.

Kguxu23.jpg

e0adBIA.jpg

Too many damn players. Old players too. I want to improve our defense and our strike force, but first I need to shift around 10 players.

Thats an unusual move, given you were in charge of a league 1 side! What was your starting reputation?

Semi-pro. I guess I was on course to achieve my goals at Shrewsbury, but still it was unexpected that all the Spanish clubs wanted me. Even Sociedad in the BBVA offered me an interview.

Archived