Club rivalries

This has probably been asked before, but I did a search and what I found (without looking through all the search results) were older threads from years back.

Anyway, does club rivalries develope throughout the game? I've taken my lower leage team to the top flight where a team from the neighbour city plays and it would be swell if a rivalry would develope there.

It seems very unlikely, I have a game deep in now and the rivalries for my team have not changed at all and given how many times we have had to play against Liverpool in the past few seasons, I would have expected them to be one by now.

It's a bit hard to implement it in game though, even though sometimes it's easy to see a rivalry, there are times where other events create them and those can't be replicated in game.

For example, I've had save where my Crystal Palace side would play against Liverpool around 5-7 times a season, every season, for 4 years. I don't know how, but they were always the ones who would ruin my FA cup, my UEFA and pretty much anything I participated in. That was bound to create a rivalry and is quite noticeable. Especially if it kept happening, which it probably would if I continued the save.

But let's face it, that's not how the biggest rivalries in real life are born. Most of the biggest rivalries in the world are due to residing in the same area or due to some gruesome things happening, like a clash between fans resulting in deaths. The first type is already implemented for most teams, the second has no place in real football, let alone a simulator.

Some dynamic rivalry would be nice though, but it should take quite a few occasions before it is solidified for ever.

Archived