Job Interviews

hi guys, was wondering what you all think of this feature?

I think its a good addition to the game but it needs a lot of work IMO, its annoying how it asks you questions and your answer is always 'I agree' or 'I disagree', plus it tells you down the right hand side what the board prefer and if you answer one question against what they want, they will not give you the job, so you're basically just telling them what they want to hear.

I think it would be better if they ask you a question with a few options, so instead of 'we want you to play possession football, do you agree' (not exactly like that I know), it should be 'what type of football would you play?' and then you have options of Possession, Mixed, Long, Counter etc...

and without what they want down the side, then if you answer anything they don't want, they could get back in touch with you and ask if you would be willing to change any answers (as long as it is only 1 or 2 answered against the boards wishes) to be considering for the position.

what is your opinion on this?

hi guys, was wondering what you all think of this feature?

I think its a good addition to the game but it needs a lot of work IMO, its annoying how it asks you questions and your answer is always 'I agree' or 'I disagree', plus it tells you down the right hand side what the board prefer and if you answer one question against what they want, they will not give you the job, so you're basically just telling them what they want to hear.

I think it would be better if they ask you a question with a few options, so instead of 'we want you to play possession football, do you agree' (not exactly like that I know), it should be 'what type of football would you play?' and then you have options of Possession, Mixed, Long, Counter etc...

and without what they want down the side, then if you answer anything they don't want, they could get back in touch with you and ask if you would be willing to change any answers (as long as it is only 1 or 2 answered against the boards wishes) to be considering for the position.

what is your opinion on this?

The bold bit is just like real life.

In an interview I had recently (real life), the Manager asked me, 'What would you do if a machine broke down 5 minutes before you were due to go home and we needed your experience to get it working again, as we need to maintain production levels?'. As I knew what he wanted to hear, I simply replied, 'I'd say see you later and you wouldn't see me for dust'. Needless to say....I got offered the job! Turned it down though, measly salary.

Anyhow, I digress. It is a bit basic but I'm sure it'll be improved upon over the years. Simple fact is though, interviews are boring and you're just telling people what they want to hear to a set series of questions. So long as the board don't ask me 'Where do you see yourself in 5 years' I'm reasonably happy with it.

I don't have a problem with interviews as they are.

In some interviews I've had "we prefer possession football. Is that something you can implement, if hired?" or something similar to that. Other times you get the generic "is there any philosophies you would like us to judge you on?" or similar. Yes, there are clues in the panel on the right on which philosophies they agree/disagree with, making the answers obvious, but it's not that simple. I've had interviews where direct football was "moderately agree" and everything else was "no opinion". Now, of course my chances of getting the job will be much higher if I say I want them to judge me on playing direct football. What if I don't actually want to play direct? That's where it gets tricky. You can go along with what the board wants to get the job, but they're going to expect you to stick to what you're promising!

if you answer one question against what they want, they will not give you the job

That's simply not true.

When I had an interview with Benfica they were wanting my to play defesnive, direct football. We didn't agree on those aspects at all and I said as much. Still got the job though.

That's simply not true.

When I had an interview with Benfica they were wanting my to play defesnive, direct football. We didn't agree on those aspects at all and I said as much. Still got the job though.

I just presumed as I had my first interview on FM14 today (rejected every previous interview as was happy at my club) and answered one question against what they wanted and I didn't get job, my second interview I gave them what they wanted to hear (with a lot fewer questions!) and I got the job!

It does have an impact on the game.

I recently got offered the Watford job and I asked them to upgrade youth & training facilities if I get the job. They agreed and work started the day I joined.

It also means you can ask them about the transfer & wage budgets and negotiate these if you think these are too low.

In those interviews there are always questions on wage and transfer budgets, with options to increase/decrease them.

...and who would REALLY want the budgets to decrease and click those options? If there are excess budget you don't want to use then you have the ultimate option to NOT use it in the game.

In those interviews there are always questions on wage and transfer budgets, with options to increase/decrease them.

...and who would REALLY want the budgets to decrease and click those options? If there are excess budget you don't want to use then you have the ultimate option to NOT use it in the game.

Nobody wants a decreased budget, but it'll improve your chances of getting the job.

I just presumed as I had my first interview on FM14 today (rejected every previous interview as was happy at my club) and answered one question against what they wanted and I didn't get job, my second interview I gave them what they wanted to hear (with a lot fewer questions!) and I got the job!

This is exactly how myths about the game and certain features spread.

You've taken a tiny sample size and just made an assumption, then put it out here in your OP as if it were gosple. :thdn:

Archived