FM14.2 - 442, Success all levels.

Introduction

Now let me first of all say this. I expect this tactic to last beyond the next patch. Mainly because it doesn't rely on exploits. However, like any non exploitive tactic, basically its not a diablo. You may not win every game because quite simply better players/teams sometimes are just too strong. It will however bridge the gap and hopefully make an ordinary team good and a good team great. However, a Skrill Premier team is not going to beat the likes of Man City in a cup tie, so please be realistic.

This is a plug and play tactic that works with all teams of all levels. The better the team, the better the results. I have not bought or edited anything. The original squad/staff etc are what is used throughout the season.

Tactical Set Up/Team Instructions

WhUfbaK.png

fvFdN4R.png

Team Shape and Passing Options

NCKEOkz.jpg

xVuVYO6.jpg

Choice of player roles

All outfield players need to have good natural fitness, pace and stamina relative to the league they play in, to be able to operate in this tactic. The following attributes should be used as a guide for what players will suit this tactic.

Goalkeeper - Defend

- Goalkeeping: Aerial Ability, Command of Area, Handling, One On Ones, Reflexes

- Mental: Composure, Concentration, Decisions, Positioning

- Physical: Agility

Full Back - Defend

- Technical: Marking, Tackling

- Mental: Anticipation, Concentration, Positioning, Teamwork, Work Rate

- Physical: Acceleration, Stamina

Central Defender - Defend

- Technical: Heading, Marking, Tackling

- Mental: Composure, Concentration, Decisions, Determination, Positioning

- Physical: Jumping, Strength

Central Midfielder Left - Defend

- Technical: First Touch, Heading, Marking, Passing, Tackling

- Mental: Decisions, Determination, Positioning, Teamwork, Work Rate

- Physical: Stamina, Strength

Central Midfielder Right - Automatic

- Technical: Dribbling, Finishing, First Touch, Passing

- Mental: Creativity, Decisions, Determination, Off The Ball, Teamwork, Work Rate

- Physical: Stamina, Pace, Natural Fitness and Acceleration.

Winger - Support

- Technical: Crossing, Dribbling, Technique

- Mental: Decisions, Flair, Off The Ball

- Physical: Acceleration, Agility, Balance, Pace

Deep Lying Forward - Support

- Technical: Dribbling, First Touch, Long Shots, Passing, Technique

- Mental: Creativity, Decisions, Off The Ball, Teamwork

- Physical: Strength

Advanced Forward - Attack

- Technical: Crossing, Dribbling, Finishing, Heading

- Mental: Anticipation, Composure, Flair, Off The Ball, Work Rate

- Physical: Pace, Acceleration

Player selection

Do not let the assistant manager do team talks or select the team. For example, he may choose a MC to play ML/R whereas a winger will be better suited to it.

Match Preparation/training/Opposition Instructions

g1aq9Vl.png

IB9XRh0.png

I have the players training high intensity in order to learn tactics only on the tactics session but overall balanced. This is so the tactic becomes fluid as soon as possible. Thereafter, I have the players focusing on defensive positioning within a balanced framework, with the match training cut down.

I use no opposition instructions.

When selecting the team, my only advice is select fit players. No one under 95% should be selected.

If someone is injured sub them. You don't need to sub someone who is booked, you can manually adjust the instructions for each player. Just take off "tackle hard".

I don't use opposition instructions for this tactic.

So there you go. I'll perhaps update this opening post some more, I might not. Regardless enjoy the tactic below;

http://www.mediafire.com/download/m93194pzmn281i0/TOK%20-%2014.2%20Success.tac

Team Talks; Start, Halftime

I'm loath to go into team talks etc, as that's mainly "how you play the game" and i'm not one for destroying or dictating folks individual experience. I expect a win assertively at the start or tell them to enjoy. If I am not 3 goals goal I tell them aggressively I expect something better in the second half. If they are 3 goals up I tell them passionately I am happy with what they are doing and to keep it up.

bUNY4jk.png

kD2RSIq.png

Barca Results

aBjQH52.png

1UkpTb0.png

Everton Results

xS6GinF.png

Mykg5rM.png

Looking forward to seeing the results.

Just uploading analysis and instructions. Tested with Barca (an excellent team) for optimal tactical results. Everton (a decent team) to see how it adapts to having less talented players and Southport (a lower league team) to see how it works down the leagues.

Results etc being posted, edited across all sites I upload on. Will have this complete by 15.00hrs I'd expect. Thanks in advance to everyone being patient and the moderating team for not closing the thread.

Ok that's the opening post complete (Skrill Premier results + Analysis up soon). Any sensible questions that are not available in the opening post I'll answer, likewise any results you would like to post etc after the tactic is fluid I'll happily review, celebrate, commiserate with you.

Thanks for reading and enjoy.

Ok that's the opening post complete (Skrill Premier results + Analysis up soon). Any sensible questions that are not available in the opening post I'll answer, likewise any results you would like to post etc after the tactic is fluid I'll happily review, celebrate, commiserate with you.

Please upload further result with Everton!

THX!!!!

Great thread, looks a top tactic. As a lower league manager looking forward to your Skrill Prem Analysis :)

Please upload further result with Everton!

THX!!!!

I've already posted results until November, likewise with Barca. I am now doing analysis with a Skrill Premier side. These are not save games I am planning to continue with, merely tactic test saves. As such I will test the tactics until they become fluid, give them a couple of games thereafter then discard the save, sorry.

Also, before I get 101 complaints about it not working like all other tactic threads, including every one I have ever done, please remember the information given in the opening post etc should be used as a guide. Ask yourself, do all your players fit the requirements for attributes listed above, is your tactic fluid, have you used the tactic from the start of the season or merely plugged it in halfway through.

This tactic is not a diablo or a match engine exploiter. Just my attempt at four four two. I fully expect it to fail with a few of you as we all play the game totally different. Team talks, playing squads, team management, injuries. There are hundreds of variables I simply cannot legislate for or in all honesty give you detailed feedback on.

The opening post is very much an account of how my testing has progressed through the way I play the game, it is not cast iron evidence that the tactic is invincible. Far from it. Its merely something I have used which I think works, that's all.

Basically it may very well be a pile of pish for some of you, apologies in advance :)

Also, before I get 101 complaints about it not working like all other tactic threads, including every one I have ever done, please remember the information given in the opening post etc should be used as a guide. Ask yourself, do all your players fit the requirements for attributes listed above, is your tactic fluid, have you used the tactic from the start of the season or merely plugged it in halfway through.

This tactic is not a diablo or a match engine exploiter. Just my attempt at four four two. I fully expect it to fail with a few of you as we all play the game totally different. Team talks, playing squads, team management, injuries. There are hundreds of variables I simply cannot legislate for or in all honesty give you detailed feedback on.

The opening post is very much an account of how my testing has progressed through the way I play the game, it is not cast iron evidence that the tactic is invincible. Far from it. Its merely something I have used which I think works, that's all.

Basically it may very well be a pile of pish for some of you, apologies in advance :)

Looks very good & very suitable for my Leeds game - will give it a go

Your tactics have saved my job many times. I'm expecting your tactic to do the same now. I'll get the boot if I dont win my next game =)

Expect the boot then :) Joking aside its not a wonder tactic, just my attempt at a functional four four two that works with this M.E.

Yeah, well...

I threw it in mid season with 30% familiarity so it didnt go as planned.

But since 14.2 came midseason aswell I will replay the game until I win, I feel that the game cheated me so I'll do the same and if I can manage to salvage Everton I'll train the team with your tactic so they know it until the next season. All your "Under Pressure" tactics saved me so I have faith in this tactic aswell!

I'll be giving this tactic a good go and the OP seems like a top bloke! I've just been relegated with Palace from the Premier League and hoping to bounce back up! Two games into the season in the Championship, I'll see how I do with this tactic when I have learnt it a little.

Thanks for all the information.

Hi GlesgaKillie

How is your test with lower league teams going? I fear that overload will cause less good players to be caught out of position. Have had a few worrying results already but might be due to not having trained the tactic to full 100% yet.

I did change the mentality but I found that the players didn't overlap as aggressively as you would want. Its not a ME exploiter. If you have players with good attributes relative to those in the opening post, again relative to the league your playing in, then you'll find you'll be ok.

Most people complaining its not working are using players that, quite frankly, aren't up to the tactic in terms of attributes. You can't fit a square into a round peg.

The 4 defenders and MC set on defend should provide enough defensive coverage.

Hi GlesgaKillie

How is your test with lower league teams going? I fear that overload will cause less good players to be caught out of position. Have had a few worrying results already but might be due to not having trained the tactic to full 100% yet.

Its going well, will have screenshots later on, in a couple of hours. Just busy being a father today, hence no more info. Will have analysis done as well.

Hi GlesgaKillie

Dude, are the players attributes in line with those mentioned in the OP? It may well be that the tactic is not working for you for 101 reasons, team talks, team management, morale etc. As I said in the opening posts, everyone plays the game differently.

I fully expect some people to have success with this tactic and others to fail miserably with it. We all play the game differently and this is NOT an exploitive tactic just a four four two that has worked for me. There is no guarantee it will work for others. Amend, adapt and edit it to suit your players. Use it as a base tactic.

I did change the mentality but I found that the players didn't overlap as aggressively as you would want. Its not a ME exploiter. If you have players with good attributes relative to those in the opening post, again relative to the league your playing in, then you'll find you'll be ok.

Most people complaining its not working are using players that, quite frankly, aren't up to the tactic in terms of attributes. You can't fit a square into a round peg.

The 4 defenders and MC set on defend should provide enough defensive coverage.

What your saying is basically Everton got the perfect squad to suit this tactic as you did wonders with them.

Its going well, will have screenshots later on, in a couple of hours. Just busy being a father today, hence no more info. Will have analysis done as well.

Great to hear. It might well be that the team does not fit the tactic and thats whats stopping me. (few games played yet)

I was just thinking that it might be that it needs some kind of minimum level of players to play overload - a team of PL players should have the stats to play this whereas league 2 players risk being too slow and caught out of place. I see fast strikers ripping me apart but as you mention it might be the shortcommings of my squad. I need faster defenders. Look forward to see your results

What your saying is basically Everton got the perfect squad to suit this tactic as you did wonders with them.

No. What I am saying it that everyone plays the game differently and because of this there are more variables than the tactics themselves that can lead to a defeat. Saying the wrong thing in team meetings, team talks for example.

In terms of the comments of mine you quoted, I stand by them to the extend that the players should fit the roles they are assigned. There is no point playing an attacking MC in the defensive role for example.

I wouldn't say Everton have the perfect squad for the tactic. Any team with good players suited to the roles will do ok. Barcelona for example are not considered Ideal for a four four two, yet I didn't even draw a game with them. Man United or Chelsea or Man City would get more impressive results I am sure.

Great to hear. It might well be that the team does not fit the tactic and thats whats stopping me. (few games played yet)

I was just thinking that it might be that it needs some kind of minimum level of players to play overload - a team of PL players should have the stats to play this whereas league 2 players risk being too slow and caught out of place. I see fast strikers ripping me apart but as you mention it might be the shortcommings of my squad. I need faster defenders. Look forward to see your results

Pretty much answered that yourself there dude, best of luck. Look folks, AGAIN I will say it. This is not an invincible, win at all costs, match engine exploitive, amazing tactic. Just a four four two that has worked for me and given me success in all levels I've tested it.

ive lost 8 on 9 games

most of goals looks that way:

keeper kicks ball, their MC headed toward my net and their winger or striker won 1 on 1 with my keeper 90% of goals looks like I described

edit: now loosing 10th game (and its 15min of the game) 0:2 both goals concidered as described

edit2: I need to add that in every of those games I shoot on target more than my opponent

edit3: another flaw is setting players near both posts while opponent make free kick (some goals concidered that way)

ive lost 8 on 9 games

most of goals looks that way:

keeper kicks ball, their MC headed toward my net and their winger or striker won 1 on 1 with my keeper 90% of goals looks like I described

edit: now loosing 10th game (and its 15min of the game) 0:2 both goals concidered as described

edit2: I need to add that in every of those games I shoot on target more than my opponent

edit3: another flaw is setting players near both posts while opponent make free kick (some goals concidered that way)

Ok. I have a huge rant I want to give with regards to this post. However I am going to just type it out and delete it.

Folks, read the opening post. Please read the opening post.

Only constructive point I can comment on is the freekicks. Yes IFK concede goals with players at the posts but the DFKs would concede more if they were taken off.

AMAZING! First game beat Man City 4-0

No you should be losing. This clearly contravenes the rules of feedback. This is way too positive a response. Go and have a long hard think about your internet usage.

Back to reality, :) , give it 15 games, see how it is. One result, positive or negative, is just one game. thanks regardless.

So far with this tactic, using Southampton.

vs Man City WON 4-0

vs Liverpool LOST 3-1

vs Wimbledon WON 3-1

vs Newcastle LOST 4-0

vs Crystal Palace LOST 2-1

vs Norwich WON 3-1

vs Carlisle WON 3-2

TACTICS REACH ACCOMPLISHED

vs Hull WON 6-0

vs Tottenham DREW 1-1

vs Fulham WON 3-1

vs Man Utd LOST 3-1

vs Liverpool Drew 2-2 won 16-15 on penalties

TACTICS NOW COMPLETELY FLUID

vs Aston Villa WON 4-1

vs Everton LOST 2-1

This appears to be a very good tactic, it is imperative that you have a good squad. You may struggle against the bigger teams who have good strikers. I cannot stress how important it was to have your tactic to fluid asap.

That's probably about right for Southampton dude. As I said, its not perfect and not a ME exploiter. Win losses and draws will occur.

Once its fluid its good. Still not invincible but good. With top level teams like Man United etc it will run amok.

Hi GlesgaKillie

How many pre-season friendlies do you play?

This is what the problem is maybe, as too many friendlies pre-season will impact on fitness levels whilst on a Balanced training programme

That could well be an issue dude, I play only 4 when testing generally. Try changing it up and let me know how you get on.

I have created a 4-5-1 using TBH's and wwfan's posts on here as a guide and I am coming up with incredibly more balanced tactics as a result. I will post this new tactic asap.

https://www.mediafire.com/?d42l8c3d685awg8

That's the link to the 4-5-1

Now so far I have noticed goals are scored from the following;

Goals Scored

- countering freekicks

- wingers running in at far post to score

- strikers running into near post to score

- striker running onto a through ball through the middle

- goals as a result of a short throw in

- wingers cutting inside and scoring

- corners.

- Direct freekicks

Conceding goals from

- far post crosses

If folk could download that tactic and test it out as well I'd be thankful. I am watching the full matches and taking notes, so tweaking variables that keep reappearing. Though I might miss something.

I will test it now on a new game with liverpool, no transfers and assistant will be running the show till 31st of December.

edit: got sacked beginning of novermber.

mate thats not how you test it, this patch isnt a plug and play, never was in FM14 or even 13..

I will test it now on a new game with liverpool, no transfers and assistant will be running the show till 31st of December.

edit: got sacked beginning of novermber.

Tactics have to be reactive. If something isn't working, for example you cannot attack down the flanks, you have to switch it up.

Thanks for the feedback, but I could have done the same myself with similar results with almost any side.

Tactics have to be reactive. If something isn't working, for example you cannot attack down the flanks, you have to switch it up.

Thanks for the feedback, but I could have done the same myself with similar results with almost any side.

I wouldn't take too much notice. This person has been in another thread also saying they holiday'd with Liverpool and got sacked at the same time.

He is perhaps telling the truth and holiday'd both times :) Its fine regardless, as long as some folk get enjoyment out of it.

I am still working on the two other variations of the tactic. The one I have released is for when you are the favourite/short odds.

Will release and underdog version and a short odds version.

I wouldn't take too much notice. This person has been in another thread also saying they holiday'd with Liverpool and got sacked at the same time.

What are you so sneakily trying to imply over here? I tested both tactics and holidayed away. maybe my method was wrong, but auet least I gave a feedback without slating the creator!

anyway, im testing this now properley with liverpool.

Archived