[FM 14] Allez, Allez, Allez Oh, We're Everton F.C....

Nadessico

Everton FC, a team with a deep history, unfortunately you need to know your history to remember the good old days. The club has won the old Division One championship 9 times however the last silverware was back in 1995 when Joe Royles men who had only just survived relegation stunned Manchester United to win the F.A Cup.

Since then David Moyes has had close calls, getting the side into a brief Champions League trip and visiting Wembley again in 2009 in the defeat to Chelsea.

Now Moyes has gone and it's time for a new era at Goodison park. The stadium may be crumbling and the club may have more loans than Mr Wonga but maybe, just maybe, this cloud will have some silverware lining.

Everton F.C

fher.jpg

Club info

3eqx.png

The Team

0cxu.png

Objectives

Win Silverware

Build For the Future

Leave Goodison Park

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

fher.jpg

Everton FC - Season Preview 2013/14

Board Expectation

Barclays Premier League: Quaify for the Uefa Europa League

The FA Cup: Reach the 6th Round

Captial One Cup: Reach the Quarter Finals

Finances

Transfer Budget: £10 Milion

Wage Budget: £1.08 Million (Currently £954k)

Balance: £24,503,717

Club Debt: £49.13 Million

uf7h.png

fher.jpg

Everton FC - August 2013 Review

Results

A short amount of matches since pre-season but i'm delighted with our start. 11 goals and 3 clean sheets were great, granted we were expected to win all 3 but i couldn't imagine us shipping 5 past Norwich or even 3 past Villa. Huddlersfield was a good chance for the reserves too and they didn't disapoint.

gwzh.png

Table

tr96.pngAwards

nduj.png

tho7.png

i7u7.png

Player of the Month

Eder Alvarez Balanta - I disagree with the FA. Eder has not only been solid keeping 2 clean sheets, but he scored a hattrick on his debut, what more could you want from a CB

Transfers

In

Tom Ince - £3m - Young ,English and cheap Tom fitted everything wewinger, something we needed badly with Pienaar starting to get on

Ezequiel Rescaldani - £2.3m - Young Argentine from Velez, would have been an instant backup to Lukaku but part of keeping him cheap was another year at Velez

Eder Alvarez Balanta - £6.5m - Took up most of my budget, but is a young solid CB and already a first team player who will keep Distin fighting for a spot

Out

4fr3.png

Hibbert was just taking up wages i already had 3 players who could play in his position, i was going to hold on to Jelavic but £6.5M was too much to say no.

fher.jpg

Everton FC - September 2013 Review

Results

Well it was a nice clean sheet run but soon as we shipped one into against Chelsea, we forgot how to defend. the Arsenal result could have really had another 2 and both us and Chelsea had enough chances in tthe first half, but 2nd it was all hands to our own half. West Ham was a footballing masterclass till the 75th minute when we went to sleep and the Capital One cup is just the Capital One cup. The Man City result was the result of the month as even though it looks close, we dominated again untill we shipped 2 late goals. Still that's 3 of the top 4 out of the way for now.

jdgb.png

Table

08ub.png

Awards

gxde.png

wgmq.png

Player of the Month

Romelu Lukaku - Me and the FA just don't agree, Granted you'd expect a striker to score but Lukaku was the one who got us into those positions in the first place.

fher.jpg

Everton FC - October 2013 Review

Results & News

43xr.png

Damn international break. after thumping Sunderland 4-1 the 2 week break came and we seemed to forget how to play. 3-1 was flattering for us as it could have been alot worse.Cardiff i decided to experiment with a narrow version of the 4-2-3-1 and a 5-3-1-1 for the future that has some potential.

On the News front we had a bit of a staff shakeup, wanting to start stamping my own mark on the team i hired Martin Hunter as my new Assistant and Dave Parnaby as our new head of Youth Development.

The bad news on the player front is that Lukaku was injured in training and now faces 2 months on the sidelines, meaning some very difficult decisions for the striker role

Table

5xc7.png

Awards

yt6t.png

Player of the Month

Romelu Lukaku - So far he's scored in all but 2 matches, and has only had 1 bad game. he ran Cardiff amock so he keeps my player of the month, though with his injury that won't be a title he will hold for 3 times in a row.

fher.jpg

Everton FC - November 2013 Review

Results & News

zpwc.png

So the first month without our little star Lukaku and we started off by getting Bill to increase our junior coaching level. It's going to take a bit of work to get us to where we'll be bring in the youth we want. Palace and Hull were two games we were expected to win and we dominated both. 64% possesion gainst Hull and 26 shot at goal against Palace but neither Kone or Vellios could find the net.

Kone just looked terrible so i decided i'd go with youth over experience and it eventually paid off as Vellios finally found the next against West Brom and scored the winner of the Merseyside Derby against a very much 2nd best Liverpool side who are struggling even after sacking Rodgers.

Table

zejt.png

Awards

vysk.png

Player of the Month

Eder Alvarez Balanta - The kid has been solid at the back with some amazing blocks and last minute tackles, plus he sent Suarez on a bit of a tumble too

Next up, the month of hell.

fher.jpg

Everton FC - December 2013 Review

Results & News

8151.png

Bit of a mixed bag of results this month. Some good results against Spurs and United, specially without Lukaku, Fulham was a massive comeback from 3-1 down. Swansea was a must win match to keep them below us, and they have since fallen apart. Stoke though seem to be my bogey team, we didn't look like threatening at all.

On news side, we ensured Leighton Baines future with us as he agreed a new £76kpw contract with us until 2017.

We're still very much in the title picture though, 6 points off but with a game in hand. Arsenal and now my new main concern, we've not alot of cash to strengthen in the new year but hopefully i'll find a bargin.

Table

0zj4.png

Awards

vysk.png

Player of the Month

Ross Barkley - Well done that lad, he scored a beautiful goal against United and he's been piling on the assists. We're a team with the most passes in the league at the moment and the lad is certainly contributing to that.

fher.jpg

Everton FC - January 2014 Review

Results & News

kh4k.png

Lukaku got injured... can you guess which two matches he missed? the Asrenal match was the match of the season for me so far, in entertainment atleast if not result, 2-0 down, and down to nine men and super Kevin saves the day. The Forest result isn't going to help our run ins but the reserves didn't exactly fill me with confidence.

No point in doing a seperate transfer note as the only movement was Kone going out on loan just to get him off my wage bill till the end of the season,.

Table

y57z.png

Awards

7hyk.png

Player of the Month

Ross Barkley - Yes him again, he's certainly starting to run the midfield for me now scored a beautiful 25 yard chip against West Ham and was denied a hattrick by an offside that was a mile on.

Gibson scoring twice against United is so ridiculous it's actually quite believable! :)

1st one was amazing too :D , unfortuantly i told him to shoot more oftern after that, kinda backfired..... next update should be up tomorrow evening, with a rather shocking result

fher.jpg

Everton FC - February 2014 Review

Results & News

ndld.png

Shock result anyone? First we launch a surprise comeback against a still struggling Man City (Mirallas really is a comeback king) then the kids do the same against Forest in the FA cup. Then the most important match of our season, a loss would gift the title to Chelsea, giving them a 9 point gap. Not only did we win, we dominated them. FA cup i had to play the kids again and unforunatly Reading were just too strong for us. The only downside in the league was the defence against Cardiff which to be honest was woeful, thankfully the attack was faultless.

News wise and the big talking point was Barkley and me having a slight falling out, yes he's a future talent but that doesn't mean i can afford to be offering him £70k pw at his age.

And Speaking of Contracts.....

zkt0.png

Table

e1j1.png

Awards

iau2.png

h3y0.png

iaqs.png

Player of the Month

Leighton Baines - This is his first player of the month this season? Must have some cracking rivals, since signing his new contract with us Baines has been solid, deserved player of the month.

fher.jpg

Everton FC - March 2014 Review

Results & News

8KqIBfV.png

The run goes on, even better we remembered what a clean sheet was..... for 4 matches anyway, once again the West Brom result showed that you can't look a 4-0 lead in the mouth, even with 15 minutes to go. The spurs result was a good example of anti-football which actually came close to putting me to sleep. 6 games to go and 2 difficult trips next month, that 4 point lead may not be enough

Contracts wise Barkley got a call up and immediately stopped his ridiculous wage wise of 75k once he got capped and has now signed a much more sensible 45k pw contract. The issue now is with Heitinga, who i'd love to keep as a backup but not on the 50k pw he's demanding.

Table

hjZXc1H.png

Awards

gWa9aP8l.png

Youth Intake

52ku35e.png

The Famous Everton Youth Academy. Home to players like Osman, Rodwell, Barkley and Rooney.... Had an off year apparently, not much to look at save Kristian Brooks who may play a part in the future, but i may need a few word with my chairman if we're to live up to my targets

Player of the Month

Romelu Lukaku - I'm going to miss him when he's gone, his strength, his never give in attitude, his goals. It's going to be a hard few months replacing him

fher.jpg

Everton FC - Season End 2014 Review

Title Run in

So it all came down to the last day of the season. All Everton needed to do was make sure they didn't lose. Chelsea, needed a win.

The Decider

Howard – Alvarez Balanta – Jagielka – Heitinga – Baines – Coleman – Barry – Osman – McCarthy – Barkley – Lukaku

Bench: Joel – Oviedo – Gibson – Vellios – Stones – Ince – Mirallas

10 mins: Dyer runs down the wing and crosses it to Hernandez who is unmarked on the far side of the box, but the header is gathered by Howard

14 mins: Barry breaks down the left wing and tries to find Lukaku in the 6 yard box near post, hits Taylor and goes into the net 1-0 Everton (Taylor O.G)

21 mins: Howard Goalkick finds Lukaku, nodded down to Barkley who passes it left to McCarthy, through ball to Lukaku who plays it wide to Coleman on the far right of the box, who dribbles into the area and smashes the ball into the goal at the far post. 2-0 Everton (Coleman)

33 mins: Swansea freekick. De Guzman short to Shelvey, passes it wide to Hernandez, slips past Heitinga and places it to the bottom left corner, 2-1 Swansea (Henandez)

37 mins: Corner by Baines to far post find Jagielka who heads it just over the bar.

Half Time

Swansea 1 – 2 Everton

Newcastle 0 – 0 Chelsea

47 Min: De Guzman’s Freekick finds Britton on the edge of the box, shot goes just wide.

51 min: Britton freekick just 10 yards inside the Everton half, puched behind by Tim Howard. Resulting corner finds Michu whos header is cleared off the line by Baines. Oscar puts Chelsea into the lead 1-0 Chelsea

64 mins: Marveaux equalises for Newcastle 1-1.

70 mins: Baines plays a ball down the left to Barkley, who plays it inside to Barry on the edge of the box, shot aimed at top corner goes just over.

83 mins: Balanta with a foul on Hernandez in the box, penalty. Taken by De Guzman but saved by Howard!

85 mins: Baines wide left play it inside to Barkley on the edge of the box, through ball into Lukaku who’s shot is saved by Vorm. Eto Scores Chelsea 2-1.

Full Time

Swansea 1 – 2 Everton

Newcastle 1 – 2 Chelsea

Everton are Premier League Champions!

Results

VbLAoWb.png

Table

bTGMHE4l.png

April and End of Season Awards

ooPNTd5.png

1t28ubl.png

VsBlaaB.png

gFi15G6.png

A78du1R.png

fna90ni.png

O9VBs0X.png

Huston we have a problem, i got up to the league update day (21st June and fm decided it would be fun to crash on me. so i got knocked back to just before the last game of the season, we still won the title but by different goal amounts. thankfully there was no change to the awards so i'll upload a new league table image sometime tomorrow

fher.jpg

Everton FC - Season Preview 2014/15

Board Expectation

Barclays Premier League: Quaify for the Champions League

Uefa Champions League: Reach first knockout stage

The FA Cup: Reach the Semi Finals

Captial One Cup: Youth training

Finances

Transfer Budget: £30 Million

Wage Budget: £1.023 Million (Currently £950k)

Balance: £21,548,527

Club Debt: £52.56 Million

fgYeebZl.png

fher.jpg

Everton FC - August 2014 Review

Results

Not the best match to start the season, Away to your arch rivals, still a better result than the fixture last season. The other 2 fixtures weren't high scoring but they showed alot of promise, especially for a certain new number 9.

dqr0.png

Table

ujvn.png

Player of the Month

Ross Barkley - He may not have played for England during the world cup, but being around the squad seemed to have helped him over the summer. Could be out most important player of the season

Transfers

In

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/4199/1mf9.png

Andreas Cornelius - £9.25m - Our solution to the loss of Lukaku, got relegated with Cardiff but i saw alot of potential in him in the games against us and when i watched him.

Manuel Fernandes - Free - Fernandes returns to Goodison at last, after his loans in 2006 and 2007 and his countless almost returns.

Andre Schurrle - Loan (Chelsea) - Loan signing from Chelsea as cover for Barkley and the LW, didn't get a game for Chelsea surprisingly

Kevin De Bruyne - £6m - With Pienaar leaving i needed someone to replace him and cover/replace Tom Ince. Kevin was available for a bargin price and fit the bill.

For the future

Colin Armstrong - 3m - Future England star from Dundee. Actually played 3 games for them last season despite joining them in March

Ben Hope - £2.5m - The 2nd of my young English hopefuls, this time in the CM position

Out

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/5849/fzly.png

Alot of loans and free transfers with only Pienaar (£350k) and Gueye (1.3m) fetching a price. Alcaraz, Distin and Kone leave the club on frees and Naismith goes off on loan (with option to buy) thus making alot of room for me in the wage department.

Other News

We managed to get our youth recruitment upgraded again and the draws for the group stages of the Champions League and Capital One cup were made. We face newly promoted Burnley at Goodison Park and as for the Champions League.. well let's just say i don't think we'll be in the pot for the next round.

nnhz.png

Ah, the 'old boys' seeding system strikes again. It's a shame that U£FA use such a system, but...

Doing great all the same. :thup:

cheers Lenzar, now Christmas is done i might actually be able to do some updates, even if the new patch has destroyed any chance of clean sheets :D

fher.jpg

Everton FC - September 2014 Review

Results

An easier run of results this month and we took advantage of it, although gone are the days of big wins it seems, annoyingly mose of our goals conceeded seem to be silly mistakes. Capital One Cup was again a youth runout, of which i thought we played rather well, just not well enough in the end.

k52e.png

Table

9ewv.png

Awards

f9l4.png

Player of the Month

Eder Alvarez Balanta - Solid defending and a goal in the last match, he's been the one constant in a defence that has been anything but constant thanks to suspensions and injuries.

It's Mega update time!

fher.jpg

Everton FC - October/November 2014 Review

Looky who i found lurking without a team

uzk7.png

Results

And it all started so well......After stealing a win against Barca we had a further 4 difficult matches to play, and no striker that seemed to be able to find the net. It almost felt like the team only wanted to focus on the Champions League. Added to that injuries to Mirallas and Coleman left me without many options down the right. Before we knew it the league leaders were 9 points off the pace in 8th

t5sn.png

November started off the same way October ended, even though i gave Joel a rare start the young keeper couldn't do much about the goals, especially Remys goal of the month winner. Then came the home match to Inter where my strikers remembered how to score, the result also left us in a good position for the Champions League. 3 Games against the bottom 3 clubs helped us get back on track, and moved us up to 6th again with an unlikely hero appearing.....

f5o1.png

Table

Octobers Table

Novembers Table

Uefa Champions League

So we managed to qualify for the 2nd round thanks mainly to the lucky win against Barca and our victorys over Inter, the league could have looked alot different on day 5. We came up against Ajax in a match we needed to win with no striker availabe. All we had was Schurrle who had barely been making it onto the teamsheet. However he became a hero scoring twice to help us beat Ajax and confirm our next round entry. It could have been alot different had Barca not stolen a win against Inter deep into injury time but all we need do now is not lose by 2 goals to finish top against our last opponent. Barcelona at the Nou Camp

eeyd.pngAwards

The kids are alright

cqx5.png

Player of the Month

Phil Jagielka - Captain fantastic we may have lost our games in October but if not for Phil's last minute tackles and blocks, it would have been by more than the odd goal.

Andre Schurrle - One month from me considering cancelling his loan the kid shows exactly why he's a Chelsea player. Home to Ajax with no strikers in my team he scores 2 wonderful goals followed by another 2 against Wigan. The kid has given himself a stay of execution and may well be forcing Kevin Mirallas and Tom Ince out of the team.

Amazed to see Cornelius doing so well for you - he was pitiful for me at Cardiff! Then again, he was up against Mitrovic... Great deal to get De Bruyne as well - he'll turn out very well for you.

Amazed to see Cornelius doing so well for you - he was pitiful for me at Cardiff! Then again, he was up against Mitrovic... Great deal to get De Bruyne as well - he'll turn out very well for you.

he's great as a target man on Support, if he's not scoring he sets players up, i normually get Jordan Rhodes but he just doesn't match up to Cornelius. Unfortunatly he's injured for a few months now leaving me with Vellios and Rescaldani (who for some reason neither are registered for the Champions League)

De Bruyne i just need to stay fit for more than 3 games at a time :D

fher.jpg

Everton FC - December 2014 Review

Results & News

We've managed to find a bit of form again, only 2 defeats in 7, but those defeats hurt alot. With Cornelius injured for 3 weeks we only had Rescaldani as our remaining fit striker. And he'd only scored 1 goal all season and that was 3 games ago. Thankfully he seems to have found his scoring touch atlast scoring 4 in he 4 games he played. With Balanta injured i was struggling at the CB spot, specially when i've only 4 players who can play CB and a fair few matches involved all 4 playing at once, with me adopting a 3 at the back and Stones having to cover Coleman in the RWB slot, But Duffy had stepped up rather well and is doing a great job filling in.

The only loss unfortuantly was to league leaders United and with us now 10 points behind them, i've basicly given up on retaining the title. It's all down to the battle for 2nd.

l2w9.png

Table

2cv7.png

Champions League

We only needed to not lose by more than 1 goal, and we lost by 2. We didn't seem to care at the end of the day though it could have been worse, while we did get drawn against FC Bayern for the next round, Barca got A.C Milan so either match would have been difficult.

nucv.png

Player of the Month

Shane Duffy - As mentioned with Balanta out Duffy had to step up, and he's done a good job, rotating between him, Jagielka and Heitenga.

fher.jpg

Everton FC - January 2015 Review

Results & News

It's been a happier new year with us going undefeated in the Prem and putting ourselves back into the runner up position, apparently threatening to move players on gets the best out of them, this time it was Tom Ince who's remembered how to score again. Our neighbours across the park got their usual Goodison pasting again and Rescaldani is finding the net more and more. Funny that the young player of the month only scored 1 goal for the whole of it, but he has been getting a fair few assists. Injury wise, Duffy, Balanta and Barkley are back but Coleman is out for 3-4 months forcing me into making a transfer i didn't want to make.

1w4s.png

Table

xtcb.png

Awards

p3bc.png

Transfers

Allan Nyom - Loan - Emergency last minute loan for the injured Coleman, doesn't look to bad a player though,

Player of the Month

Tom Ince - Has been smashing them in lately unlike his partner on the other side of the field who's actual job is to do it. (I'm looking at you Mirallas)

A good month :thup: However Man Utd are looking out of reach...

yeah i'd given up catching United 2 months ago :D specially since they splashed out 3 mil on players on deadline day.

Unfortunatly i have a month like the disaster that was October possibly on its way

fher.jpg

Everton FC - February 2015 Review

Results & News

Well the month i was worried about didn't go as bad as i thought. Another late win against forest gave me a slight cushion i had a feeling i was going to need over Newcastle in 3rd, City were able to snatch a draw against us in a close match i felt we edge, Chelsea was a disaster of a match and then came 2 big wins against Bayern and Spurs. Next up is a big match at home to Newcastle that could decide who finishes 2nd in the league.

wrsj.png

Table

isfp.png

Awards

zd1p.png

Player of the Month

Leighton Baines - Baines seems to step up in February, atleast he's happy at the club now and keeping Oviedo on the bench.

fher.jpg

Everton FC - March 2015 Review

Results & News

Quieter month for once so a smaller update, we keep the pressure on United making sure they don't get more than 15 points ahead of us....... wishful thinking, it's all about 2nd now. We're 13 points ahead of Arsenal now meaning 3 more wins in 7 games and we've hit our target of Champions League football again, though really my only concern is 2nd now.

We won the cruch game with Newcastle and even though we lost again Bayern in the 2nd leg we won 2-1 on agg meaning we're into the Quater Finals against........ Chelsea :D. Somehow i think the man who got us there in the first place will be the guy who knocks us out.

hpka.png

Table

g3n9.png

Player of the Month

Leighton Baines - Baines again, first time since Lukaku i've had P.o.t.M for the same player twice in a row.

fher.jpg

Everton FC - 2015 Youth Prospects

6odi.png

Not a bad youth intake at all 2 very good young English Talents in Lewis and Hodge and a couple of others that could be backup to the first team, i seem to be inundated with young wingers though

Daniel Lewis - AMR/MR - First decent regen i've had that is actually an Everton supporter, you'll go far kid ;)

Glenville Allen Hodge - GK - The Anguilla Scouser :D, i can't remember the last time we had a young goalkeeper who came through Evertons ranks, but Hodge may be the first for a long time.

fher.jpg

Everton FC - Season End 2015 Review

Results

Another season gone and we've shown it wasn't a fluke, though we started the month with an embarrassing defeat to 2nd from bottom Wigan, our rested plays came back, knocking Chelsea out of the Champions league, our first "victory" over them (though not in results form).

A good good draw against United though it was a match that saw them crowned as Champions, but a loss to A.C Milan put our Champions League dreams in danger, however a brilliant comeback at Goodison saw us reach our first ever Champions League final and a chance of payback against league champions Manchester United. We lost to Arsenal but a 3-1 win ended the season on a high as we finished best of the rest in the Premiership

m4j2.png

Table

vm9k.png

The Champions League Final - Everton Vs Manchester United

Olympiastadion - Germany Attendance 74,224

[video=youtube;Tr6iK8akuqk]

Everton Team Sheet

Joel - Nyom - Jagielka - Alvarez Balanta- Baines - McCarthy - Gibson - Ince - Barkley - Schurrle - Cornilius

Subs: Duffy - Heitinga - Barry - Rescaldani - Stones - Fernandes - Mirallas

Manchester United Team Sheet

De Gea- Vidic - Smalling - Evra - Rafeal - Carrick - Jones - Fellaini - Nani - Kagawa - Van Persie

Subs: Johnstone - Fabio - Valencia - Young - Walker - Bony - Evans

8 Mins: Van Persies freekick is cleared by Jagielka, Nani picks it up, and runs to the box and shoots, hitting the crossbar.

31 Mins: Gibson wins back the ball from Evra and lays it off for Barkley whose through ball into the box finds Tom Ince whose shot is parried by De Gea but ends up in the back of the nets 1-0 Everton!

41 Mins: Corner by Baines is headed clear to the edge of the box by Evra but Ince is clear and first time volleys the ball past De Gea 2-0 Everton

44 Mins: Throw in by Nyom is played across the pitch by Schurrle who finds Baines on the left hand side of the box, the cross is cleared by Vidic but Tom Ince gets a header at goal, which is saved by De Gea.

2nd half

47 Mins: Goal kick by De Gea to Evens who mistouches the ball and gives it away to Ross Barkley who’s through on goal, tries to chip De Gea but puts it narrowly over.

67 Mins: On the break McCarthy hits a long ball to Schurrle who beats the offside trap and is through on goal, but his shot hits the side bar and bounces clear.

78 Mins: Van Persie breaks and finds Bony who manages to send Kagawa through on goal, but shot is saved by Joel. Resulting Corner is half cleared but Bony gets a header at goal which is safely held by Joel.

Full time

Everton F.C 2 – 0 Manchester United

End of Season Awards

8arl.png

General News

With the Champions League profits we managed to clear some debts and get ourselves some upgrades to the clubs infostructure

bblc.png

vefq.pngdhji.png

I also managed to get Kenwright to agree to a new contract for me

o5tv.png

Squad Ratings

Finances

0i9g.png

Congrats on winning the Champions League against Man Utd :cool:

Cheers John, going to struggle to replicate that this season as i've had to sell a few key players and my new ones are still a few seasons from getting near their potential, future is looking good though :cool:

fher.jpg

Everton FC - Season Preview 2015/16

Board Expectation

Barclays Premier League: Challenge for the Title

Uefa Champions League: Reach first knockout stage

The FA Cup: Reach the Semi Finals

Captial One Cup: Youth training

Finances

Transfer Budget: £42 Million

Wage Budget: £1.047 Million (Currently £963k)

Balance: £21,171,402

Club Debt: £24.16 Million

Pre-Season

pni8.png

Season Preview

votn.png

Youth Update

Callum Sheppard - MR - Season 1 - Not really progressing too much but he's still only 16 and could still make a good rotation player.

Colin Armstong - AMR/L ST - Season 1 (from Dundee) - Looking promising but isn't going to get near the squad as an striker as i play with a target man so he's being retrained to an Inside Forward

Ben Hope - MC - Season 1 (from Leicester) - Excuse the pun but he's the player i have the best "hope" for, could make a few first team appearences this year.

George Green - MC/AMC - From the beginning - George isn't really progressing as well as i'd hoped, his physical side costs him the in positions he's good at, may be on his way out sooner than later.

Jonjoe Kenny - DR/CD - From the beginning - Progressing well, will get a few chances this season, specially as i try to move Stones into a more central position.

Ryan Ledson - MC/DM - From the beginning - Ledson is the next in line to replace the ageing Barry, did well in the few cameo's from last season and is expected to push on now.

Transfers

ccmm.png

So a few big names out the door, all of them after fallings out over wage hikes or transfers and sulking when not getting them, the biggest loss being Balanta who Monaco upset when i refused a 20mil offer and in returned destroyed our relationship, in the end i accepted 40 mil was enough for him, but he will be missed.

New Signings

Gabriel Iancu - Wolfsburg (£5 Million) - AML/C/ST - Singed as a replacement for Mirallas, still young and shows alot of promise though he was 2nd choice after failing to sign Wellington Nem

James Ward Prowse - Southampton (£13.75 Million) - MC/AMC - Fernandes replacement, a future England star and 9 years younger and only 2 million more, it was hard to say no.

Steven Caulker - Cardiff (£10.25 Million) - I tried to get him as a replacement for Distin last year but failed, this time we got our man, originally a replacement for Jagielka, he now end up filling the void of Balanta

Jack Butland - Stoke (£13.5 Million) - GK - Howard is getting on, and Joel just isn't good enough so why not sign a new goalkeeper, and English one at that, what's the worse that could happen?

Jake Butcher - Crystal Palace (£3.7 Million) - MC - Because my Head of youth development decided we don't have enough young English midfielders :lol: (that's number 5 if you're not counting)

And so with all that, here is the team that will try to defend the Champions League and win the title

qv67.png

fher.jpg

Everton FC - August 2015 Review

Results

Our struggle against United in the league continues, but this time it was a little closer than usual. Massive win over Forest with Cornelius starting us off with intent, we controlled the villa match even if the result doesn't show it, and another trophy for the cabinet as we crushed Southampton for the Super Cup

pzox.png

Table

y9wl.png

Transfers

Gustavo Henrigue - £6.25m (santos) - DC - with my plans to replace cover Jagielka in the long run ruined by Balanta's transfer in comes young Brazillian Henrique, that should make a solid back 4 for years to come.

Ben Davis - £10m (Swansea) - LB - speaking of solid back 4, Baines long term replacement has been found, with Luke Shaw far too expensive i went with Swanseas young LB Davis as Oviedo isn't going to be good enough for the 1st choice, he'll spend another season on loan at Swansea to keep learning his trade.

Awards

k0bw.png

Other News

a7oo.png

Only 100 games? it already feels like a lifetime at Goodison park, well here's to the next 100.

Champions League victory helps so much, instead of the 4th seed we should have been, we are top seed and apart from the money bags PSG it should be an easy group to get out of.

7d41.png

Wow, what a start to your Everton career! Are you gonna stick around or move around to other clubs? Glad to see I'm not the only one to struggle against Chelsea and Stoke. No matter what form I'm in, I come up against them and everything goes wrong :lol:

Hi Chris, great work love the effort put into this.

Could you possibly tell me the tactic you used for this?

If its downloadable that would be great, if not just some pointers would be great.

most of what i've learnt i got from http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/366111-How-to-Play-FM14-A-Twelve-Step-Guide by wwfan, it's a great learning article, specially seeing i couldn't win anything in FM without a downloaded tactic till i reached FM13 and started to read guides. It really does feel so much better when you do it yourself instead of just taking someone elses work.

(sept

Setup wise i use the formation a few post ups 95% of the time, sept with 1 winger being and IF on attack and one being a winger on support depending on who's playing. As for shouts.

7qe6.png

This is my base setup, however that changes depending on if i'm using attacking instead of control, i'll knock the tempo up, if i'm playing counter or posession i'll drop back, go even lower on the tempo and hold position, i tend to play the Martinez way of holding the ball and finding a way into the box rather just shoot on sight, hence why alot of my scorelines i'll have a lot less shots on target even when i win big.

The main bit of advice i can give is if you have the time, don't play on key or extended. alot of the result i've achived are from being able to watch the games and change the team to counter the weaknesses of the opponent rather that just choose one tactic and hope for the best. Hope that helps you out, if there's anything else though feel free to ask, i'm not tactical master but i'm happy to help whenever possible.

Wow, what a start to your Everton career! Are you gonna stick around or move around to other clubs? Glad to see I'm not the only one to struggle against Chelsea and Stoke. No matter what form I'm in, I come up against them and everything goes wrong :lol:

Tough one, really i'd like to stay atleast until we get a new stadium which could take a while :D but i have decided if i do get sackedor leave i'll continue with the same manager and just start a new story/continuation. the only thing that i can seem making me want to leave is if a tycoon takes over (give or take a season or 2 to try get a stadia built and leave the club in good condition).

I really can't stand being in a club where you can just buy your way to success, i have never gotten past a month in a save involving sides like City, Arsenal, Barca just because it seems too easy/boring at times, the only exception being a tycoon side that is a small club/lower league, i'd love to take a side from league 1-2 to the prem but i do struggle with the finacial side of lower league :D

i should have an update tomorrow if i can pull myself away from Dayz

most of what i've learnt i got from http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/366111-How-to-Play-FM14-A-Twelve-Step-Guide by wwfan, it's a great learning article, specially seeing i couldn't win anything in FM without a downloaded tactic till i reached FM13 and started to read guides. It really does feel so much better when you do it yourself instead of just taking someone elses work.

(sept

Setup wise i use the formation a few post ups 95% of the time, sept with 1 winger being and IF on attack and one being a winger on support depending on who's playing. As for shouts.

7qe6.png

This is my base setup, however that changes depending on if i'm using attacking instead of control, i'll knock the tempo up, if i'm playing counter or posession i'll drop back, go even lower on the tempo and hold position, i tend to play the Martinez way of holding the ball and finding a way into the box rather just shoot on sight, hence why alot of my scorelines i'll have a lot less shots on target even when i win big.

The main bit of advice i can give is if you have the time, don't play on key or extended. alot of the result i've achived are from being able to watch the games and change the team to counter the weaknesses of the opponent rather that just choose one tactic and hope for the best. Hope that helps you out, if there's anything else though feel free to ask, i'm not tactical master but i'm happy to help whenever possible.

Tough one, really i'd like to stay atleast until we get a new stadium which could take a while :D but i have decided if i do get sackedor leave i'll continue with the same manager and just start a new story/continuation. the only thing that i can seem making me want to leave is if a tycoon takes over (give or take a season or 2 to try get a stadia built and leave the club in good condition).

I really can't stand being in a club where you can just buy your way to success, i have never gotten past a month in a save involving sides like City, Arsenal, Barca just because it seems too easy/boring at times, the only exception being a tycoon side that is a small club/lower league, i'd love to take a side from league 1-2 to the prem but i do struggle with the finacial side of lower league :D

i should have an update tomorrow if i can pull myself away from Dayz

Cheers for the reply Chris, I have been doing well in my first 2 seasons with Everton winning Carling Cup, Euro Cup and Super Cup but now my tactic no longer works, i don't know why. I need desperate help with the Shouts cause i don't know how to change them to adapt in the game. And what do you run normally, counter, control or attacking and does that change against big/small team? I didn't understand the bit about counter and Roberto Martinez because he doesn't play counter football? if you could give me like a list of techniques to use; like which shouts to use with (Attacking, counter and control etc) and when to use them.

Thanks a lot.

Matt

Cheers for the reply Chris, I have been doing well in my first 2 seasons with Everton winning Carling Cup, Euro Cup and Super Cup but now my tactic no longer works, i don't know why. I need desperate help with the Shouts cause i don't know how to change them to adapt in the game. And what do you run normally, counter, control or attacking and does that change against big/small team? I didn't understand the bit about counter and Roberto Martinez because he doesn't play counter football? if you could give me like a list of techniques to use; like which shouts to use with (Attacking, counter and control etc) and when to use them.

Thanks a lot.

Matt

i'll try give you a basic idea of what i use

Control = Work ball into box, play out of defence, exploit the flanks, lower tempo

Counter = More direct passing, pass into space, hit early crosses, exploint the flanks, play narrower, drop deeper, hassle opponets, get stuck in, higher tempo

Attacking = pass into space, shorter passing (if in the dry) work ball into the box, exploit the flanks, push up higher, use offside trap, higher tempo, be more expressive

any other options just depend on the sides i play against and how i think it will benefit the team, most matches i play the control option unless i'm at home against a similar/smaller side or away to smaller sides where i'll use attack.

Very enjoyable thread, as I have myself thought of starting with Everton!

cheers rgade, if you do let us know how it goes in the Everton team guide thread :thup:

fher.jpg

Everton FC - September 2015 Review

Results

Well it started well enough, big win over P.S.G in the champions league and 2 good results against Birmingham and Sunderland, but then the wheels fell off, kids were unlucky to lose to a strong Arsenal side but the rest didn't help us against Spurs at all.

g2eh.png

Table

6lkt.png

Uefa Champions League

Well somehow we top the group, though we could easily have lost to Olympiakos, we're going to need a result against St Gallen and the return match if we hope to not screw up topping the group agian.

gxtm.png

Player of the Month

Gustavo Henrique - Someones fitting right in with the side, some good results and a couple of goals too gives him the edge over Baines for player of the month.

fher.jpg

Everton FC - October 2015 Review

Results

Augh, we just can't seem to get any kind of form at the moment, needless to say i lost my rag at the Southampton match, and walked off after the Stoke match (GOD DAMN BOGIE TEAM!), Europe provided a reprive and we remembered how to win against West Ham before lucking out against Reading again, i may be looking for a new job sooner than i thought.

a1kf.png

Table

kxmn.png

Player of the Month

Gabriel Iancu -The kid is starting to grow, and would proubally be in the first team if i didn't have to rotate Barkley, Ince and De Bryne

fher.jpg

Everton FC - November 2015 Review

Results

We found some form \o/ bout time too, we were down in 9th 10 points behind the leaders at one point, still suffered a 3-0 drubbing against Chelsea on the way though, but we did have complete control over City despite the silly goal they scored, West Brom saw the team controlling the game like they hadn't been able to do since our title winning season, more of that please

qypp.png

Table

th74.png

Uefa Champions League

We're out of the group stages again, and with our last match against Olympiakos at Goodison, hopefully this time we will hold onto the top spot.

h2m6.png

Player of the Month

John Stones -He plays on the right, he plays in the centre, he play on the lef....ok not on the left, but if he needed to i'm sure he could play there too, utility player extraordinaire

Archived