Does the AI treat human managers differently with regards to transfer dealings?

Ched

Basically my question is that in the title:

Does the AI treat human players differently with regards to transfer dealings?

If not then what affects what the AI deems to be a suitable bid amount?

My example is as follows:

Player is AC Milan.

AI bids £21m for El Shaarawy (PSG and Monaco)

El Shaarawy is happy at club, valued at £25m and has 4 years left on his contract.

Initially I dismissed this as another poorly judged bid. Then I saw the next transfer message.

"PSG have £27m bid accepted for Azpilicueta"

Azpilicueta is valued at £17m, has 3 years left on his contract, is 4 years older and has lower PA than el sha

(165 vs 182)

. Azplicueta is also second choice for the RB position at chelsea vs el sha being first choice.

This does not make one bit of sense.

Does anybody have any thoughts or similar experiences? Does the AI appear to treat humans differently just because they're "new" managers? What other factors in bid values have I overlooked?

FWIW I'm not crying "the AI cheats OMG!!!" just curious as to what's caused the above exampled - it's not isolated by any stretch, just the onyl one I have the exact numbers for.

I definitely think the AI is a little biased honestly. I have tried to sign several players and they ask for ridiculous wage amounts. I obviously let the player go and he ends up signing for another team for a fraction of the wage he asked my club.

All the AI-AI stuff is done behind the scenes and you only see the end result, whereas with AI-human stuff you see everything as it happens.

You could easily get the same value for Azpilicueta as long as you negotiated well.

I definitely think the AI is a little biased honestly. I have tried to sign several players and they ask for ridiculous wage amounts. I obviously let the player go and he ends up signing for another team for a fraction of the wage he asked my club.

That's influenced by how rich a club is, and human clubs end up much richer than AI ones as time goes on - its why you see wage demands get higher and higher the further into the game you get with the same club.

A player/agent will know in general how much money the club has available to throw around, and how much their other players etc are on. The player will change his demands based on the club he's negotiating with.

Ackter, that would never happen in real life. I have had numerous scenarios where a player will agree a contract with me, then sign for someone else for a fraction of the wages. That simply wouldn't happen, apart from if the other club was more glamorous or a favoured club of the player in question.

I've usually attributed this to differing club reputations. Rarely seen someone go to a lower rep club for a lower wage.

Ackter, that would never happen in real life. I have had numerous scenarios where a player will agree a contract with me, then sign for someone else for a fraction of the wages. That simply wouldn't happen, apart from if the other club was more glamorous or a favoured club of the player in question.

Then that would be a bug and should be raised in the bugs forum.

The example I replied to was a different situation.

All the AI-AI stuff is done behind the scenes and you only see the end result, whereas with AI-human stuff you see everything as it happens.

You could easily get the same value for Azpilicueta as long as you negotiated well.

If we accept that this is the case (which I'm willing to do :p) then for the above example (neither PSG nor monaco were willing to go above £23m for el sha) there are obviously other unconsidered factors that contribute to bids.

So my next question would be, assuming that the AI is fair, what other factors are considered?

Should these be a little more transparent to the player? Similar to the introduction of the assman feedback a few years back, should we get better transfer feedback?

I know a LOT of game mechanics/quirks are attributed to AI cheats/witchcraft when the only problem is a lack of meaningful feedback!

May have a little experiment when I get some free time.Have seem some very curious transfers in the first window that would disprove this if I could replicate it (£20m for Claudio yacob is the most obvious).Will post my results if/when I get round to it.

That's influenced by how rich a club is, and human clubs end up much richer than AI ones as time goes on - its why you see wage demands get higher and higher the further into the game you get with the same club.

A player/agent will know in general how much money the club has available to throw around, and how much their other players etc are on. The player will change his demands based on the club he's negotiating with.

wait so, when a player has to decide between 2 clubs, a rich one, and an averange one, he'll prefer to go to the averange one for half the wage, because he wasnt satisfied with the right club offering him a higher wage but still not what he'd consider "enough" for a rich club?

wait so, when a player has to decide between 2 clubs, a rich one, and an averange one, he'll prefer to go to the averange one for half the wage, because he wasnt satisfied with the right club offering him a higher wage but still not what he'd consider "enough" for a rich club?

Not what I said.

Is it worth noting that they maybe needed a right back more than they needed a striker?
That would be a fair point. Azpilicueta has gone in as back up to marquinhos so not sure if it's valid in this case. Also not sure why they're playing marq at rb...

Archived