Spending Money?

So as a football manager, you get a wage.

I would love to see some side game stuff where you can purchase houses, boats etc. Maybe even something to increase your fame, i.e. buying bigger houses, flashier cars and so on.

Kind of silly, but it gives players more incentive to actually get a higher wage. Otherwise you may as well take £10 a week from your club and save them the money!

What're your thoughts?

So as a football manager, you get a wage.

I would love to see some side game stuff where you can purchase houses, boats etc. Maybe even something to increase your fame, i.e. buying bigger houses, flashier cars and so on.

Kind of silly, but it gives players more incentive to actually get a higher wage. Otherwise you may as well take £10 a week from your club and save them the money!

What're your thoughts?

its supposed to be realistic which is why the wage is there could you imagine the realism welcome to the club we don't think wages are important so you're not getting one!

but that doesn't work I tried taking £100 but the stupid sods kept giving me 40k the difference between me and the striker I needed :(

Haha, that's pretty funny.

And of course it's supposed to be realistic, I understand why you're given a wage comparable to your level in the game, all I'm suggesting is that you could do something with it. But it's very easy to just drop your wage by 10k if they offer you a contract, because really, what's the overall point of it? I don't think it gives you a higher reputation or anything, just makes it harder for other clubs to buy out your contract.

The main point I'm trying to make is something additional you could do with your wage would give the player more of an incentive to get a higher wage.

I guess it is mainly there for job stability, or rather some leverage if you're not doing as well as you should be! But it would be a nice addition just for a laugh, and so I could get a bigger house than my FM playing mates!

I use my wage as a value of my worth. I have left a club because in the new contract that actually reduced my salary. For me this is part of immersing myself into the game.

When I was offered a new contract, I lowered the asking price to as low as it could go hoping that the money saved would be applied elsewhere, like a higher budget for hiring more staff or higher transfer budget.

The main point I'm trying to make is something additional you could do with your wage would give the player more of an incentive to get a higher wage.

This wouldn't have any effect on me. My incentive in this game is to win promotions, trophies, turn around the fortunes of a small club, make my club the best in the world, become a club legend, reach the top of the manager's hallf of fame, etc.

I don't want to buy a pony.

I posted an idea before, personally I'd love for you to be able to save up X % of the money (i.e minus living costs) and then one day you can buy a club with it, via making takeover bids, or buying up shares etc.

Would be so cool to be the board AND the manager, but I know that isn't realistic. Would just be ace to manage a higher club, save up then go buy & manage a smaller one, you could then choose how to spend invest the clubs cash - facilities, players, stadiums etc. Top it up with your own cash reserves.

When I was offered a new contract, I lowered the asking price to as low as it could go hoping that the money saved would be applied elsewhere, like a higher budget for hiring more staff or higher transfer budget.

I see your point for the good of the team and all that, but I get into a role as the manager of a club, so I ask for what for a pay increase every contract and get insulted when they offer me less.

Definitely not, like a few has already mentioned, it's not The Sims. I wouldn't mind being able to use a percentage of your savings to reinvest into a club for transfer funds. Would be good for taking up a lower league side after a long career and boosting them yourself.

Archived