First Team Youngsters signing in FM14

Not sure where best to ask this so I'll try it in the general forum.

Been playing as Newcastle and there's a board philosophy called First Team Youngsters Signing.

I used up my transfer budget bringing in 4 18 years old Brazilians and Argentinians but but confidence level on this particular standard is close to 0 and the board is disappointed. Why is that? How do I please them?

All the youngsters I signed are in the squad but with backup status.

You need to sign players under the age of 24 and use them regularly in the first team.

I found a great 23 year old and paid a lot of money for him, he turned 24 on the day I confirmed his transfer ffs :D

I'm not sure if the squad status actually matters, but giving them rotation would play it safe.

You need to use them quite regularly, both starting them occasionally and often bringing them on as subs.

Anyone else has a different take on it? I'm into my 2nd season and I signed like 10 young players! Most of them are backups but at least 3 are squad rotation. I actually play them too yet in the confidence screen, the bar is close to 0 on signing youngsters for first team. Any chance this might be a bug??

Anyone else has a different take on it? I'm into my 2nd season and I signed like 10 young players! Most of them are backups but at least 3 are squad rotation. I actually play them too yet in the confidence screen, the bar is close to 0 on signing youngsters for first team. Any chance this might be a bug??

I think you are answering your own question here with the bit in bold. You have not got them as first team players which is what the philosophy says, You need to buy players you and good enough to play regularly

Hamterz, did you by any chance set them to first team players? If they want you to sign very young players but expect them to be first team regular, that's going to be very tough and expensive...most of the young players who are good enough cost a fortune and those that don't usually aren't fit for first team right off the bat...

They don't want very young players, they want early 20s

If you're signing older players as well, that may also disgruntle the board.

You need to find the right balance.

Of course, as long you're winning, they won't really care.

Yep true but I don't want to see an empty confidence bar especially when I think I'm signing so many young players...I wish someone from SI can tell us more about this exact requirement and how one can fulfill it as opposed to guess work from us...

• Administrators

Ackter's already explained. They need to be signed and involved in the first team at some level - that means actually playing some games.

If you think there's a bug, please raise it in the bugs forum - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/341-Football-Manager-2014-Pre-Release-Beta-Bugs-Forum

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived