FM13: GNK Dinamo Team Guide - The Modri Massif!

tizzy55

Welcome to the Official Football Manager 2013 Team Guide for

dinamozagreb.jpg

GNK Dinamo Zagreb - "The Modri"

BREIF HISTORY

GNK Dinamo Zagreb more commonly known as Dinamo Zagreb or by their nickname Modri ("The Blues") are the most successful club in Croatian Football and have been in the top flight division since their foundation in 1911. The club plays its home matches at the Stadion Maksimir. Since the breakup of Yugoslavia Dinamo have won 15 Croatian Championships, 12 Croatian Cups and 4 Croatian Supercups. The club is also the only Croatian club with European silverware having won the 1966-1967 Inter-Cities Fairs Cup by defeating Leeds Utd in the final.

Until the early 1990s its foundation year was considered to be 1945 but amid political turmoil during the breakup of Yugoslavia the club began claiming direct lineage to pre-WWII clubs Građanski Zagreb and HAŠK. In order to reflect this in June 1991 it was renamed HAŠK Građanski, which lasted until February 1993 when it was renamed Croatia Zagreb. They won five league titles and participated in the 1998-99 and 1999-2000 UEFA Champions League group stages carrying that name before reverting to Dinamo Zagreb in February 2000. Although the subject was dropped for a while, in 2011 club management increasingly began claiming that Dinamo is the direct descendant of Građanski (which had originally been founded in 1911) and in April that year decided to append the adjective "Građanski" to the club's official name, turning it into the present-day GNK Dinamo Zagreb (Građanski nogometni klub Dinamo Zagreb or "Dinamo Zagreb Citizens' Football Club") just in time to celebrate the club's centennial. The clubs biggest rivals are Hadjuk Split and they compete in what is known as the Eternal Derby

STADIUM

The clubs stadium is known as the Stadion Maksimir taking its name from the Maksimir neighbourhood. It was first opened in 1912 and is used for many of the Croatian National Football team's matches. Current capacity stands at 35,051 however attendances for all domestic games bar the Eternal Derby (vs. Hadjuk Split) are well below this.

rfn7.jpgqrqt.png

FOOTBALL MANAGER INFORMATION

exqp.jpg

FINANCES

bbm6.jpg

KITS

4y4p.jpg

LEAGUE RULES

The Croatian League consists of 33 games playing each team 3 times. The registration rules for players restrict you to having a maximum of 6 Non-Croatian players in your First 11. You must also have a minimum of 4 Home Grown in Croatian (doesn't have to be club) players in the match day squad of 18.

The benefit of this league is the somewhat relaxed view on Non-Croatian players. Although 6 doesn't sound like much you can easily have 7,8 or 9 in your whole squad to rotate. The benefit of doing this is that in Croatia it only takes 2 years to gain citizenship. Meaning you can sign 6 Non-Croatians every two years and still be able to field anyone and everyone.

GAME LOADING DETAILS

As Dinamo is a small club in terms of catchment for top European talent i have decided to load a few extra game leagues and players in order to cast my net further afield.

Leagues Loaded

- South Africa (Top Division Only)

- Croatia (Second Division And Up)

- England (Championship And Up)

- Italy (Serie B And Up)

- France (Ligue 2 And Up)

- Germany (Second Division And Up)

- Spain (Liga Adelante And Up)

- Argentina (Second Division And Up)

- Brazil (Second Division And Up)

Large Database with Players From Top Division Clubs in Europe, South America and Africa.

I am also playing on the 13.3.3 game version

SQUAD ANALYSIS

Goalkeeper

Ivan Kelava - Ivan has been with the club since 1997 coming through the youth ranks and establishing himself as the number 1. He is definitely the best GK in the squad and being Croatian is a starter for the first season at least. Foreign players permitting he could be moved down the bench in your second season as he is not up to scratch in the Champions League Group Stage.

Romeo Mitrovic - A handy backup to Kelava for at a season

Defenders

Sime Vrsaljko - RB - Known by many in the FM community this young Croatian and super talented full back ticks all the boxes. Is a definite starter and at the age of 20 should be on the team sheet for years to come.

btkh.jpg

Josip Simunic - CB - Although entering the twilight of his career Josip's defensive stats are very impressive combine this with the Croatian nationality and he should be a regular in the first team for one season. After that look to ship him out as his attributes dwindle and age catches up with him. His experience is worth noting for possible tutoring.

Jozo Simunovic - CB - A bit of youth with a moderately bright future, hang on to him as a sub defender and depending on game time and tutoring can turn out to be a decent squad player for years to come.

Tin Jedvaj - CB - Another youth prospect who has signed for Roma IRL. He can also be a prospect to keep around. Should not be used much in first season as he is very raw. One for the future.

Luis Ibanez - LB - A solid left back who is actually Croatian by second nationality therefore he doesn't count towards the 6 Non-Croatian Players. I would usually sell him as he can go for decent money and a better replacement can be found. But would do for a season if you wanted to sign other foreigners in other positions first.

Josip Povaric - LB - A handy back up to either Ibanez or a new signing depending on your choice.

Petar Mamic - LB - Very young and too raw for any part in the first team. U19's is the place for him.

Midfielders

Jerko Leko - DMC/MC - Jerko like Josip is coming to the end of his time and he is really only worth keeping around for a season depending on signings. He is a useful squad player at best for me that fills in for tired legs, injuries or suspensions. His experience is good to take advatange of a year tutuoring much like Josip.

Arijan Ademi - DMC/MC - Arijan is a fantastic player and like Sime is both youn and Croatian. A first team starter for sure for a good few years. In previous FM's his progression has lead him to hanging around my team into his 30's so i would not get rid of him quickly.

obt4.jpg

Sammir - AMC - Sammir like Luis is Croatian by second nationality. He is also the most technically gifted player in your squad and has the ability to run the Croatian league for at least 2/3 seasons. He plays brilliantly in the hole behind strikers.

rqhu.jpg

Said Husejinovic - MC/AMC - Nothing more than a useful backup for a season or two. His Non - Croatian status makes it hard to merit game time ahead of other more skillful foreign signings.

Alen Halilovic - AMC - Definateley one for the future. Should be given cup games in the first year along with some tutoring from the likes of Sammir. Has got bags of potential.

Marcelo Brozovic - MC/AMC - Although highly rated by your coaches i find him a bit underwhelming. Down to your gut on this one but for me he is a 1/2 season then sell guy unless something amazing happens

Zvonko Pamic - MC - A decent squad player but will play second fiddle to the likes of Ademi, Sammir. Should get more game time than Leko but im sure signings in this area will see him being pushed into a squad player for a season or 2 followed by a sale.

Ivan Tomecak - AMR - As my tactics dont include wingers i sold Tomecak. Pace and Off the Ball are his only main strengths.

Dino Spehar - AMC - Due to not being Croatian again its tough to merit playing time. Must used in the cup for the first season anyway.

Matko Bajan - AMC/ST - Another one for the u19's. Not good enough to feature IMO.

Strikers

Ante Rukavina - ST - Ante is one player who i can't decide on. He looks decent, is hardly what you would call old and is also Croatian. However when i look at him i see his giant wage and what i could possibly sell him for and replace him with. Ultimately it will probably come down to space for Non - Croatians but personally he is too expensive to sit on the bench.

Fatos Beqiraj - ST - For me he is a definate sale, clubs interested and can get good money for him to buy replacement. He also is Non - Croatian so its not like your giving up a spot on the foreign list.

Marko Kolar - ST - One for the future, give him a season in the u19's with the odd cup game to see how he progresses. Can be a good poacher for you if kept long enough.

Duje Cop - ST - I would suggest keeping Duje around for a season as a sub. Not going to set the world alight but will do a good job.

Ivan Krstanovic - ST - Another backup for a season due to age and limited ability.

Antonio Vidovic - ST - Again Antonio is another u19's candidate.

RECOMMENDED FORMATION

I must admit that this is something im a little limited on. I recently struggled with formations so when i found the below to work i just adapt all my teams to play this way and it seems to get results more consistently than most. What it will give you an idea of is what sort of players are first team quality and what ones I personally feel need moved down the pecking order.

8qde.jpg

POTENTIAL SIGNINGS

The signing ill be going after as highlighted in the formation screenshot will be two CB's, LWB, DM, MC and two ST's as starters.

This will be filled in by other squad signings and i managed to pursue the following assisted by a few sales.

q4ja.jpg

Some major coups included Stefan Strandberg Elvis Kokalovic (he is also Croatian so a big bonus) and Thomas Drage

This in the end up gave me a preferred starting 11 of the following.

el3d.jpg

Now most managers (myself included) like to have two players for every position and here is how my first team squad eventually looked come September.

GK - Kelava/Mitrovic

CB - Strandberg/Simunovic

CB - Kokalovic/Simunic

RWB - Vrsaljko/Velez

DM - Johnson/Leko

MC - Drage/Pamic

MC - Ademi/Boudjemaa

AMC - Sammir/Husejinovic

ST - Ze Carlos/Krstanovic

ST - Danachlache/Cop

IN CONCLUSION

A GNK Dinamo game has been a favourite of mine since the days of Luka Modric and Eduardo and i believe is one of the most enjoyable experiences. I have in three previous FM versions taken the Modri to Champions League glory and hope to do so again with the Mighty Blues.

The real attraction of this particular game is the scope to add foreign players at a quick and consistent pace. That combined with the constant rejections of players too foolish to consider a move to the wonder that is Zagreb and the tiny budget in comparison to your Champions League Group Stage compatriots make it an intriguing battle of slow but steady progression.

I really hope that my story provides some good reading and I welcome any and all discussion and suggestion as I progress i'll try and keep you updated of my progress.

If even one more person decides to take up a GNK Dinamo game due to reading this it will have been worthwhile.

Kind Regards and Happy Gaming.

Tizzy

Amazed by the economic of the club, since 2007 the club have a profit of £70m+ in the transfer dealings

either the finance is way wrong in FM or there are some very happy owners of the club with very deep pockets where the money can disappear

Good thread tizzy:thup:

I had a crack at Dinamo in the original patch, where they had Kovacic too. The lack of quality strikers pushed me to a strikerless formation, relying on the threat of Sammir, Kovacic and Halilovic breaking from my experimental 6-man midfield to deliver the goods. I'd say the latter is capable of starting right from the outset. You have a core of decent players, mostly the ones you highlighted.

From what I remember the only key signings I made were Ivanov (a Bulgarian centre back from Partizan) and Dejan Mezga. You can usually find a few decent youngsters from Hajduk and Red Star too.

Good luck with your challenge.

Amazed by the economic of the club, since 2007 the club have a profit of £70m+ in the transfer dealings

either the finance is way wrong in FM or there are some very happy owners of the club with very deep pockets where the money can disappear

Its incredible the amount of good to high quality players to come through the doors at Dinamo. Plenty of money IRL for transfers has unfortunately not translated into big bank balance in the game. The one good thing although is the sponsorship each season....it is currently a £4.84mill per season deal and can easily go up as European performances get better.

To start with however that £4.84 million actually pay my entire wage bill for the season....combine it with the £7 odd million for a CL Group Stage appearance should give me some money to play with each season.

Good thread tizzy:thup:

I had a crack at Dinamo in the original patch, where they had Kovacic too. The lack of quality strikers pushed me to a strikerless formation, relying on the threat of Sammir, Kovacic and Halilovic breaking from my experimental 6-man midfield to deliver the goods. I'd say the latter is capable of starting right from the outset. You have a core of decent players, mostly the ones you highlighted.

From what I remember the only key signings I made were Ivanov (a Bulgarian centre back from Partizan) and Dejan Mezga. You can usually find a few decent youngsters from Hajduk and Red Star too.

Good luck with your challenge.

Thanks Jogo

Yes i had one too....it has certainly became a lot harder since Kovacic and Bedaji left. Yea the strikers are absolutley terrible. However Danalache and Ze Carlos are leading the way very well and were brought in for a total of £600k so nothing too expensive when you consider you can get £2mill for Fatos Beciraj.

Yea i tend to troll Hadjuk for their New-Gens every year...between them and myself you usually get the odd Croatian to fill your domestic quota for a few seasons.

Thanks SRL88.....and thanks for the Offical Links addition too! :D

How do i add the Official into my title btw?

You don't need official in the title, it is fine how it is :thup:

• 2 weeks later...
Lucky, and unlucky. Most of transfer money goes to his pocket. But he is very capable manager and businessman.

He is not that good and most of the transfer figures are over-exaggerated by the media. Almost all the profits he makes get wasted on the trash players he brings and the high contracts he gives them cause he gets a cut of a lot of them. He ruined the clubs reputation.

Talents in junior team:

Dario Miskić

Herdi Prenga

Tin Jedvaj

Roko Prša

Robert Murić

Tin Andre Tolić

Jako Biljan

Ivan Fiolić

Marko Kolar

(Fran Brodić, Ante Ćorić- FM 2014)

Some good signings: