[SUGGESTION] Improve the movie export quality.

The quality of videos that FM exports isn't brilliant, this is a fact. This is partly due to the codec used and the high level of compression. Why doesn't FM have a compression option and another, or choice of another, format to export in.

It would be nice to be able to export into .mp4 as this is highly compatible with various types of video editing software.

Thanks for reading :D

I believe there is an option on the Preferences Menu for people to choose the quality of the videos exported. Or am I wrong?

In my game, i've set the preference for 1080p, but for some reason sometimes my videos dont get that quality. Sometimes they get 360p quality... for no reason.

Anyone notice this?

Well, those are resolutions, a factor that certainly makes up a big portion of a clip's "quality", but the videos are also (imho too heavily) compressed. You'll find much crisper clips at these same resolutions on YouTube and elsewhere, and FM could easily match that by using higher bitrates and/or better encoding settings. I'd imagine it's a compromise to keep the time it takes to generate the clips down, though. More options wouldn't hurt here to allow some flexibility.

I noticed this as soon as I got the game. 720p on FM12 came out as 720p - very crisp, can see everything. 720p on FM13, on the other hand, comes out incredibly bad. Like a bad 360p video, pixellated, artifacts, muddy.

SI logo at the beginning is fine, it's just the main video. Something's wrong with the encoding, definitely.

Archived