13.2 Tactic problems since patch please help

As the title says I'm having some problems post patch with my tactic. Pre-patch this was working very nicely with the front 3 creating space for each other to run into or to slide a nice through ball in for a CCC. Post patch this has disappeared with the pressing of the opposition now forcing the front 3 and the cm's to turn backwards and play a back pass or a sideways pass.

The Players are all top class and suited to their roles within the team. I've finished 2nd the last 3 premier league seasons. And I would have won it if it wasn't for that pesky moneybag club Man City :lol:

This is the formation

formationy.jpg

All players are on standard instructions apart from long shots have all been set to rarely and the wing backs have wide play set to hug touchline and the cm's marking set to man mark as without it they stand off the opposition to much.

pre-patch I wasn't using any shouts to play the ball into space. I have tried this post patch in games but still no effect.

While im still winning its been for fortune than good play. At home i am getting away without creating CCC's but away from home its a real struggle to score. In 29 games i've create 11 CCC's my goals have come mostly from shots outside the area from my cm's and amc which are from weak clearances. the only goals scored by my strikers have been pen's and defensive errors or crosses from the wing backs headed home. My amc has also been on fire with free kicks and I have had the cd's chip in a few from corners and free kicks. But the creativity of chances though the middle has disappeared.

Player ppm's

Ademilson AF sometimes P - Like to beat offside trap & plays one twos

Micaelli AP - Tries long range passes

Things I have tried so far.

switched the amc' to support and removed run with ball.

switched from focus passing through the middle to mixed in the hope that would stretch the opposition to create more space for through balls.

I have tried narrow width and wide.

I have slowed the tempo and quickened it

Direct passing, quick tempo/slow tempo

I have removed rwb's from the front 5

I have reduced CF on the front 5

cant think of anything else to mention right now.

I am at a loss guys. I want to work this formation as I have built the club and players around it.

With the crazy pressing issues, crazy amount of long shots and crazy dribbling issues the patch has given us, this has meant a reduction in through balls and good plays. I have stopped playing until theres a new patch as its just no fun.

With the crazy pressing issues, crazy amount of long shots and crazy dribbling issues the patch has given us, this has meant a reduction in through balls and good plays. I have stopped playing until theres a new patch as its just no fun.

All these issues can be dealt with by implementing a few simple changes.

Pressing: I changed this from Press More to Default, far less crazy pressing going on now

Long Shots: just use the Work Ball Into Box shout

Dribbling: Look at the individual player instructions, and change Runs With Ball from often to mixed or rarely.

Well a bad injury to Ademilson solve the problem for me. i brought a youngster up from the reserves who had 16 for dribbling and 17 pace and 15 off the ball. his movement seemed to really open up the opp defense so much i went from 6th 12 points behind the league leaders Man City to level on points with 2 games to play. Unfortunately my 37th game of the season was away to City and i lost 7-0 thanks to the run with ball issue. Still i'm happy to see the tactic still works and I now know what i need personnel wise in that role.

I've deleted a cople of posts from the thread. While I can understand some of the frustration with the current bugs this isn't the plsce to discuss them or vent such frustration. There are threads in the General section of the forums for all ME feedback, I suggest you use those rather than posting about them in here.

This forum is for helping people and discussing what currently works regardless of what state the ME is in.

EDIT: along with this changes switch style to rigid

change passing focus to mixed

Try switching your DLF/S to TM/S your AMC to T or AP/S. If your new TM has good technical attributes, enable it's supply to foot.

MRC to MC/A and MLC to MC/S with a DLP/D behind then.

WBR to support WBL to attack.

Crosses switch from drill to long as you play with 2 men in front

Tackling to normal.

I'd try this, although i don't play that formation since 08, and the way patches are going.. hope it helps anyway.

P.S. i don't usually messed much with CB's as well i'm simply afraid now a days, but you might try with these changes to put the CBL to block and your CBR to cover, in theory in case the WBL gets caught too forward on the pitch the CBL will press their winger and if it crosses your CBR covering should be able to get the ball, make sure he's fast enough tho'

Thanks for those tips MakaveliPT.

Made those changes and palyed around 15 gameswith it and a few other little tweaks. The tactic still plays the same way as it did orginally. Results are ok but still no through balls. If it wasn't for set peices and mazy WB's I wouldnt score

Archived