FM13: SSC Napoli - "Maradona's children" are here...

Tsakalaki

napoli_aerial_view.jpg

Naples (Italian: Napoli [ˈnaːpoli], Neapolitan: Napule; Latin: Neapolis; Ancient Greek: Νεάπολις, meaning "new city") is the capital of Campania and the third-largest municipality in Italy, after Rome and Milan. As of 2012, around 960,000 people live within the city's administrative limits. The Naples urban area, covering 1,023 km2 (395 sq mi), has a population of between 3 million and 3.7 million, and is the 8th-most populous urban area in the European Union. Between 4.1 and 4.9 million people live in the Naples metropolitan area, one of the largest metropolises on the Mediterranean Sea.

napoliwallpaper462640x3.jpg

Società Sportiva Calcio Napoli, commonly referred to as Napoli, is a professional Italian football club based in Naples and founded in 1926 (refounded in 2004). The club has spent most of its history in Serie A, where it currently plays its 2012–13 season. Napoli has won Serie A twice, in 1986–87 and 1989–90.They have also won the Italian Cup four times and the Italian Super Cup, and on the European stage have won the UEFA Cup in 1988–89. Napoli is also the most successful club in Southern Italy and the fourth most supported football club in Italy.

The club has had several name changes since first appearing in 1926; the most important of these was in 1964, when it was changed from Associazione Calcio Napoli to Società Sportiva Calcio Napoli. The most recent change was in 2004, when the club went bankrupt but was refounded by film producer Aurelio De Laurentiis as Napoli Soccer; he restored the name to Società Sportiva Calcio Napoli two years later. The bankruptcy of the club in 2004 had seen it placed in the third division of Italian football (Serie C1), but progress of the reformed club was swift and after just three years it returned to Serie A.

napp.jpg

napapap.jpg

2012-13

Team Roster

GOALKKEPERS

colombo_scheda.jpgdesanctis_scheda.jpgrosati_scheda.jpg

1nap.jpg

De Sanctis should be your first choice, non only for this year, but also for maybe two more!. Rosati can replace him for some cup matches, but you should get a talented GK at the end of the season, so he can replace De Sanctis

CENTRAL DEFENDERS

cannavaro_scheda.jpgfernandez_scheda.jpgbritos_scheda.jpg

uvini_scheda.jpggamberini_scheda.jpg

21nap.jpg

It depends from the tactics you are gonna use. For 3-5-2, Cannavaro-Britos-Uvini can do their job, and Fernandez - Gamberini will be their cover. You have to look up for DC's in summer of '13

FULL BACKS

campagnaro_scheda.jpggrava_scheda.jpgaronica_scheda.jpgmaggio_scheda.jpg

dossena_scheda.jpgmesto_scheda.jpgzuniga_scheda.jpg

22nap.jpg

You don't have any problem, 'cause it position is covered. You can rely to Maggio - Campagniaro for your right and to Zuniga - Dossena for your left. Due to their ages, you have to watch out for new players. There are a lot players in Italy than can cover you

MIDFIELDERS

donadel_scheda.jpgdzemaili_scheda.jpginler_scheda.jpg

behrami_scheda.jpghamsik_scheda.jpg

3nap.jpg

Three players from Switzerland...But awkward but they can dominate, along with Hamsik...

First of all nice images, they look great. :thup:

Would like to see more information about the players though, very basic at the moment. You could really extol the virtues of some great players here - Cavani, Hamsik, Insigne to name but three. Cavani doesn't even get a mention :(

Potential transfer targets, where and how to strength the squad or starting XI - budgets given to you to do this etc. etc.

2011-12

Transfers in -> Robert Acquafresca

League -> 2nd place (Home: 9-6-4, 27-16 \ Away: 12-5-2, 48-26)

Cup -> Round of 32 (from Cagliari, 0-1)

Europa League -> Round of 16 (from Schalke on away goals, 4-2, 1-3 )

Best XI

GK: De Sanctis

DL: Dossena \ DCL:Fernandez \ DCR: Cannavaro \ DR: Maggio

DMC: Inler

MCL: Hamsik \ MCR: Behrami

STL: Pandev \ ST: Cavani \ STL: Acquafresca

League Numbers

Strickers

Cavani-> (31/1)20 Goals – 12 Ast

Acquafresca -> (32/2) 16 Goals – 10 Ast

Pandev-> (28/4) 9 Goals – 6 Ast

Insigne->(11/12) 8 Goals – 6 Ast

Midfielders

Hamsik-> (35/1) 3 Goals – 11 Ast

Behrami-> (30/1) 6 Goals – 6 Ast

Dzemali-> (15/7) 2 Goals – 5 Ast

Inler-> (31) 2 Goals - 1 ast

@tommonufc

Well, the reason i didn't even mention Cavani was the fact that i don't have to say much for him. He is the players that ensures your win if you have clean sheet in a game. So simple...

Finished my first season with Napoli playing a 3-5-2 formation.

formationi.png

My focus for transfers was bringing in some much needed youth to the back 3.

Capuano and Bellusci were fantastic and came cheap. I was surprised that I managed to buy Capuano in January as co-own for 2m and the other half for another 2m.

I recommend both players for the first team and they have plenty of potential on top of that.

transfersu.png

We did fantastic in the first half of the season losing just one match! After the break we had a terrible run for about 10 matches where we only won 3 times! I had about 6 players out injured for 3-4 months and I only use a small squad of about 20-22 so I had a lot of the youth in the first team for a few of those matches.

We did eventually end up winning the title and the cup narrowly.

tableff.png

For my second season I was hoping to bring in Andre Ayew from OM who looks like a machine for the left wing but he opted to go to Chelsea.

He was my main target and now I'm struggling to find anyone for either wing. Both my main wingers Maggio and Dossena are starting to lose pace and there is nobody that is good enough and willing to come to Napoli to replace them.

For this reason I'm thinking of trying a a 4-3-1-2 formation for the second season and see how it goes in the champions league particularly.

Now I'm looking for a good young left back.. I was looking at Santon but he's gone to Liverpool. Possibly M'Bengue, Deigo Contento or Heracle.

What no Roma in top 5??

Decent transfers out there. Bellusci has been a great buy for me too but I am playing him as RB. If you would have been vigilant enuf you could have got Vladimir Weiss and Estigarribia on free in January, both of whom could have solved your problem on either wing. Bocchetti is also available on bosman and could have been a solid defensive addition.

4-3-1-2 is good for europe but with so many teams in Serie A playing with 5 mids you might struggle domestically.

• 1 month later...

so far ive got bellusci, isco, lisandro lopez and fierro on loan with an option to buy. i had to stretch the budget a fair bit, but hopefully the sale of pandev will solve that. shortlisted bocchetti so hopefully get him on a free nezt year, im excited to see how far the partnership of isco and hamsik can go. had a decent pre season playing mainly 3-6-1. zuniga, maggio, and dossena are all still very good and shouldnt be sold lightly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

just started up a game with napoli, as previous posters have said always like playing as napoli in previous games. stretched my budget and shipped pandev off to WBA, so far ive brought in florenzi and maituidi (on loan) hopefully belluschi will be joining them. Trying out the default tactic (3-6-1) for my first friendly.

First season I won the super cup, Italian cup, League and Uefa cup.

2nd season league, Italian cup and CL.

The CL campaign was mental. Lost 3-0 away to Barca in the first game in the semis thought I was out of it but won 5-1 in the 2nd leg. 3-0 up at half time, a 4th in the 2nd Pedro got an away goal in the 77 min and Floreniz got a 92nd min goal to send us through. One of the best fm games I ever played.

Got City in the final down 2-0 at HT get 2 goals in the 2nd half and then in the 2nd half of ET Hamsik scores a pen.

I've been playing a 3-4-3/3-4-2-1

Team in 3rd season is

Ter Stegen

Capoune Douglas, Astori

Maggio, Inler, Berhami, Amero

Hamsik, Florenzi

Cavani

• 2 months later...

formationi.png

Just wanted to say, I emulated this formation on my Napoli save (except the Wingers are Attacking and I'm playing a short possession game). Still, it works wonders. 2nd at the moment behind Juve but the players play fantastic. I have Armero/Corchia on the wings.

Archived