[FM13][V2 RELEASED] Belgium 8-Level Tree for FM13

>>>>>>>>>> WARNING: THIS DATABASE ONLY WORKS WITH FM13 2.2 - MAKE SURE YOU'RE UP-TO-DATE <<<<<<<<<<

EN7qI.png

dustShadow's

Belgium 8-Level Tree for FM13

Current status: V2.0 released (20/01/2013). Download here.

(warning: 22Mb file)

This modification will give you access to the complete Belgian league pyramid and it features all teams currently playing in the official leagues of the KBVB/URBSFA (the Belgian Football Association). Belgian football has been in a dark gap but has been on the way back lately. The national team counts many star players from the Premier League and Belgian teams have gained better results in the Europa League. The historical top teams are Anderlecht (current champions), Club Brugge and Standard. New contenders are Racing Genk and AA Gent.

THE LEAGUE STRUCTURE

- The Belgian league is a straight pyramid with the 16-teams in the Pro League at the top. It features 8 levels, divided in two groups of four levels.

- On top are the four national leagues: Pro League, Second Division, Third Division (2 groups), Fourth Division (4 groups).

- The other four levels are organised by the nine provincial entities of the FA. Each province has four levels with a Provincial First Division on top and a varying number of Provincial Fourth Divisions at the bottom. Luxembourg province only has three levels.

- Champions always promoted to the next level, other promotion places are decided by play-offs.

- The Pro League has a very complicated structure featuring three play-offs. The top group decides the championship.

PACKAGE CONTENTS

- One main file containing the complete pyramid. Using this file down to the eight level will seriously bog your system down.

- Nine files, one for each province. I suggest using one of these if you wish to build a career at a single club, as they will provide much better performance and the play-off structure is slightly more correct than in the full file.

- Graphics package containing logo's for most clubs and provincial badges for the competitions.

- V2 NEW: Stadium pictures for all 2nd, 3rd and 4th Division teams (for FMC or FMC-like skins)

- LNC files to translate the competition names in Dutch, French and English.

FEATURES

- All 126(!) leagues in the pyramid are included with 1670 clubs in total available to play, based on a brand new database.

- A complete Belgian Cup starting in the First Round and the Provincial pre-season cups, now in a 'more' correct format.

- All teams have correct stadium names, hometowns and kits (almost all).

- There is special attention to keeping teams in the correct regional league, using both the Regional Leagues tab and league boundaries. It's not always 100%.

- A lot of additional media sources and numerous real-life managers for levels 5 and 6 added.

- V2 NEW: reserve competitions for all teams in the database (semi-fictional)

- V2 NEW: local cups for Levels 7 and 8 to spice up the season (semi-fictional)

- V2 NEW: awards added for Levels 5-8; all Level 3 and 4 teams overhauled (kits, stadium data, ...); added a lot of club rivalries; fixed numerous typos and other small glitches

LIMITATIONS AND ISSUES

- Period Championships are not included in the provincial leagues. In real life, play-off candidates are sometimes determined by the teams that perform best in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd thirds of the season.

- At provincial levels the real-life play-offs are organised per province. In the "full tree"-file, there are only divisional play-offs. The separate provincial files include more realistic play-off formats.

- Provincial cups have a different format than in real-life. The real life format is something very strange, including a ranking system instead of a normal group phase.

- There is no qualification from the Provincial Cups for next year's Belgian Cup.

- Teams at the bottom two levels in BRA, HAI and LIE have only been asssigned basic kits. If you know the kits, please send me an e-mail. Otherwise, you won't even notice it.

INSTALLATION AND NOTES

- Go to 'My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2013'

----> Place your selected DBC file in the map 'Editor Data'

----> Place the map '(000) Belgian 8-Level Tree - Graphics' in the map 'Graphics'

(if these maps don't exist, then create them)

- Place one of the LNC files in Steam\SteamApps\common\Football Manager 2013\data\db\1300\lnc

- The graphics will only work correctly when 8-Level Tree is the first dbc file to be loaded, hence the (000)-name

- Use this update with the checkboxes "Add Key Staff" and "Add Players to Playable Teams" activated when starting a game.

- I don't guarantee this file will work with all other league modifications. I also don't recommend using the FULL file as it is very slow to play with 126 leagues.

RELEASE HISTORY

- v1.00 (05-12-2012) Initial release of the full tree

- v2.00 (20-01-2013) Release of version 2, added reserve-competitions, local cups and stadium pictures

THANKS TO EURO.STADES.CH; FMBEL; SIGAMES; VBAL4.BE; Erismus1876;...

Enjoy,

dustShadow

• 2 weeks later...

WARNING: since the latest FM13 update, this file will cause a reproducable crash in the second week of May. I currently can't isolate the problem, which means it can't be fixed.

EDIT: Neil has stated (see this thread) that the issue will be fixed in the next update. I'll keep you posted.

@lo.simon - did you activate "Add players to playable teams" when starting a new game?

• 2 weeks later...
Good news, patch 13.2.2 (released 6/01/2013) has fixed the 'may crash' issue.

I'm working on a V2 which will contain reserve competitions and local cups.

Good work son. Always looking for more expandable leagues for my games. Always need another tier of football to conquer, can never have to many :D

EDIT: So far works great with added leagues. No loading issues so far. Also, the logos are awesome. Just wish i was up to speed with skinning, so i could find some backgrounds of Belgium Lower League stadiums, much like the England Lower League releases. Would really add another dimension. But all in all, top work. KUTGW! :thup:

Here's a preview of some of the new/improved features of the second version. Hopefully out this weekend.

Stadium pics for all teams in the National leagues + fixed kits, relationships etc

AEuxU.jpg

Reserve competition for nearly all teams, from the top...

hiZEK.jpg

... to the bottom.

xAX4S.jpg

And about two dozen local cups, to spice up life for Levels 7 and 8.

TFywl.jpg

IROt7.jpg

YkJxB.jpg

On a side note. What is the difference between the dbc files?

Given that the tree is very large, I've made separate files for each province. You get the top 5 levels for the entire country and the bottom 3 levels only those of the province you chose.

There is also a complete tree (the FULL file), but give there are over 100 leagues in it, it's too slow to play.

Given that the tree is very large, I've made separate files for each province. You get the top 5 levels for the entire country and the bottom 3 levels only those of the province you chose.

There is also a complete tree (the FULL file), but give there are over 100 leagues in it, it's too slow to play.

Not for me. I have it as view only :)

Archived