No long term challenge in this version either

Who are you playing as?

Playing as even the smallest club, once you pass the odd 15-20 seasons, there will no longer be much competition, as there is no longer such a thing as top teams. There is no squad building Ai for top teams, and mid table teams are swimming in money, so all the good players are spread out evenly over all teams.

If you play it right, your team can dominate everything, if you just stick to it long enough.

But this has been the same for every version I know. Would be nice if they could improve this.

Playing as even the smallest club, once you pass the odd 15-20 seasons, there will no longer be much competition, as there is no longer such a thing as top teams. There is no squad building Ai for top teams, and mid table teams are swimming in money, so all the good players are spread out evenly over all teams.

If you play it right, your team can dominate everything, if you just stick to it long enough.

But this has been the same for every version I know. Would be nice if they could improve this.

Ahhhhhh i understand, i rarely get past 10 seasons at a club to be honest i become bored of FM so easily, suppose this topic sums up why i dont play FM more then 10+ seasons.

The game still gets easier and easier every season through poor AI.

Not a surprise, but disappointing that SI still don't appear to have made much effort to address the outstanding issues regarding long term gameplay.

How far in are you?

Also, considering you've gone to the trouble of opening a thread do you not think a little more explanation of your exact issues might have been handy? Because right now it just looks like a moan with no back up.

The AI seem incapable of actually upgrading their squads. I'm only in season four but Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City and Man Utd all, despite having shelled out for a lot of new players, still have virtually the same starting eleven with only two or three additions who serve as downgrades if anything. At a glance it seems the same goes for the top European clubs too.

How far in are you?

Also, considering you've gone to the trouble of opening a thread do you not think a little more explanation of your exact issues might have been handy? Because right now it just looks like a moan with no back up.

I'm sorry I didn't explain more. I played to about 20 seasons and just wanted to offer my observations to anyone who was interested in this aspect of the game.

The issues have been discussed at length many times before, but I apologise for not covering it all again in my OP. Anyway, the main issues have since been brought up by others.

I'm sorry I didn't explain more. I played to about 20 seasons and just wanted to offer my observations to anyone who was interested in this aspect of the game.

The issues have been discussed at length many times before, but I apologise for not covering it all again in my OP. Anyway, the main issues have since been brought up by others.

I know they've been discussed elsewhere before (assuming they are the same as FM10) but there are many new users around and it would be nice to give people an idea of something that annoyed you.

And you didn't offer any observations, just said it was broken. I haven't got past season 2 and would like to know what the issues are so as to decide if its worth me going for it yet or waiting for a patch. :thup:

I know they've been discussed elsewhere before (assuming they are the same as FM10) but there are many new users around and it would be nice to give people an idea of something that annoyed you.

And you didn't offer any observations, just said it was broken. I haven't got past season 2 and would like to know what the issues are so as to decide if its worth me going for it yet or waiting for a patch. :thup:

Well I apologise again but there really isn't very much to explain.

I'm not annoyed at all - I expected it - I'm just disappointed there has not been any appreciable progress in this aspect of the game.

I can assure you no patch is going to fix it, but If you don't normally play a game that lasts decades then it won't affect your enjoyment.

Could larger database and full detail have any impact? Getting 20-30 seasons in already means you must have little db and low detail on matches?

It might have a little impact, but it wont make much difference. I'm playing with a large db and about 15 leagues loaded. 11 seasons in, and there is only Barca who makes it to the CL semi's pretty much yearly and winning the CL is about as easy as winning a domestic cup.

Well I apologise again but there really isn't very much to explain.

I'm not annoyed at all - I expected it - I'm just disappointed there has not been any appreciable progress in this aspect of the game.

I can assure you no patch is going to fix it, but If you don't normally play a game that lasts decades then it won't affect your enjoyment.

So basically I'm to take your word for it?

I think I'll wait for the next thread on this matter before coming to any conclusions.

Cheers anyway.

Archived