Ideas for Football Manager 2011

I have put together a few ideas feel free to post yours.

1) Celebrations/different ending to matches for example in finals whehre you win.

2) More developed 2D match engine with more player moves etc.

3) Ability to create set pieces as in CM.

4) Simulated leagues which you aren't playing as in CM.

5) Make the game more realistic in terms of loyalty of players for example I was Arsenal and tried to buy Podolski for Koln obvs Arsenal have a lot better reputation and he was on 33k and i offered 99k a week and in most real life situations he would of gone to arsenal most likely and wouldn't of snubbed it at the first oppourtunity same with other players e.g Mesut Ozil. Also players like Messi and Ronaldo as there I know it isn't all about money but players like that will leave there club most of the time if the club accept offers willing them and they are offered another chance at a different club.

6) Broader range of media stories etc + bigger role for media in terms of unsettling players.

I think the game needs to stick to improving mostly what its currently got and I don't think these ideas like more interaction with fans and being able to control ticket prices reflect the job of a club manager and would taint the game if introduced as they seem to approach the game as FIFA manager does which is less about being a manager and if they followed that it would no longer be the football manager we enjoy and be too control orientated.

I have put together a few ideas feel free to post yours.

1) Celebrations/different ending to matches for example in finals whehre you win.

2) More developed 2D match engine with more player moves etc.

3) Ability to create set pieces as in CM.

4) Simulated leagues which you aren't playing as in CM.

5) Make the game more realistic in terms of loyalty of players for example I was Arsenal and tried to buy Podolski for Koln obvs Arsenal have a lot better reputation and he was on 33k and i offered 99k a week and in most real life situations he would of gone to arsenal most likely and wouldn't of snubbed it at the first oppourtunity same with other players e.g Mesut Ozil. Also players like Messi and Ronaldo as there I know it isn't all about money but players like that will leave there club most of the time if the club accept offers willing them and they are offered another chance at a different club.

6) Broader range of media stories etc + bigger role for media in terms of unsettling players.

I think the game needs to stick to improving mostly what its currently got and I don't think these ideas like more interaction with fans and being able to control ticket prices reflect the job of a club manager and would taint the game if introduced as they seem to approach the game as FIFA manager does which is less about being a manager and if they followed that it would no longer be the football manager we enjoy and be too control orientated.

1) cosmetic, would be nice but not a priority IMO.

2) what your asking for is called 3D.

3) As TacticalGenius said.

4) As 3.

5) Don't know what you're talking about here, Podolski only went back to Koln as his Bayern career went belly-up, and if he had a good season and WC he'd have moved on (example holds there), Ronaldo moved mostly because of family pressure, Man Utd's need for cash, and his own money (can't see him leaving Real at this stage), Messi is at the club since 13, Barca paid for the hormones needed for him to have a career, he's among friends, is the main man, the club is successful (so no move there either, barring massive financial meltdown). P.S. the first time I read this one I thought you were complaining about players being too disloyal.

6) Well interaction with the fans is all part of the media side of it, so I think asking for more (and better) media interaction then saying that one part of the equation should be stopped is counterproductive.

I don't mean to be bad but your ideas seem somewhat lacking in reflection.

scouting, i shouldnt have to meddle with every scout on the books

i should have a head scout that i can tell what i want how much i want to spend and tell him to go fetch.

more interaction with the board tbh, would expect more interference more corporate stuff(board signing players based on merchandising rights etc) in a real life sitaution the manager and chairman would most likely be in communication daily at least discusing plans etc

signings.- managers dont negotiate contracts tbh clubs have a wage structure, manager identifies his target player then its out of his hands perhaps advise on what you think the player is worth what you wouldnt expect to pay over then the chairman/commercial person would take over and deal with the negotiations. obvioulsly the manger would have some input but there would be very little.

signings again ffs si sort it out. footballers as a lot are greedy sods if i offer someone double their wages their going to jump ship if i were to offer beckham a million quid a week to play for fulham he would bite my hand off. same if you offer a player a decent increase he WILL BITE YOUR HAND OFF

for example i'm playing as rangers and try to sign a player from england currently getting paid £14k a week

he's not an international or anything special but i offer him 25k a week do you really think he would turn down that kind of increase along with a million to sign on?

these guys know they have short careers and will grab every penny they can get

When playing multi-player online with friends and playing in the same league, sigames, please have an option to schedule same day kick offs at the same time. For example, playing on a saturday, my friend(Man Utd) kicks off at 12:30pm, we have to wait and sit through his game, I (Liverpool) kick off at 3pm, they have to sit through mine, and other friend (Spurs), has 5:30pm kick off so sitting through his as well. This wasn't bad when we started but now having played for days rather than hours it gets a bit tedious. SIGAMES - please look at this ready for FM2011. Any thoughts welcome. Thanks.

What I would like is for a player who sustains an injury midway through the season, to actually get it at that point in the game. I feel it's a disadvantage when a player is out for longer than he should be at the begining of the season, especially if he's a vital key player, for example Mikle Arteta of Everton.

Also for there to be 'Exact' transfers. I.E. Marlon Harewood was on loan at Newcastle for half a season, but was never implimented in any of the patches. Also for the likes of Maxi Rodriguez for Liverpool, he only signed in the January transfer window in reality but in the game he's there at the start, which gives Liverpool that extra player in the first half of the season.

Just something to look at and I'm sure there's plenty of users who find this annoying!

Archived