FM-10: RasenBallsport Leipzig - Lower League Millions

SMPL

135px-RB_Leipzig.png

RB Leipzig (RasenBallsport Leipzig e. V.) is a German football club based in Leipzig, formed in 2009. The club plays in the tier-five NOFV-Oberliga Süd in 2009-10. The club has dominated the league and were promoted as champions of NOFV-Oberliga Süd to the Regionalliga Nord for the 2010-2011 season.

It was founded in June 2009 and forms the fourth football involvement of Red Bull, which already runs three football clubs: Red Bull Salzburg in Salzburg, Austria, the New York Red Bulls and Red Bull Brasil. The name differs from these other teams' names due to the statutes of the DFB (Deutscher Fußball Bund or German Football Association) which prescribe how a sponsor's name is used as part of a club's identity. Unlike its other sports teams, the Leipzig club cannot carry the Red Bull name or be fully owned by the company. The German football association requires a club to hold 51% of its shares, Red Bull will therefore only be able to acquire 49% of the club.

RB Leipzig aims to play first division Bundesliga football within the next eight to ten years. To reach this goal, it has bought the playing licence for the Oberliga, the German fifth league, from the club SSV Markranstädt. In 2010, Red Bull will switch grounds and play their home games in the Zentralstadion which will be renamed Red Bull Arena by then.

It has been speculated, that Red Bull will invest 100 Million Euro in the club over the next ten years. Instrumental in the deal was Michael Kölmel, owner of the Zentralstadion in Leipzig. Dietrich Mateschitz, owner of Red Bull, openly speaks of the possibility of the club winning a German championship. The last time a team from Leipzig won the German championship was almost one hundred years ago, in 1913, when VfB Leipzig took out the title.

The new club retained the Oberliga team as well as all other football teams of the SSV Markranstädt. It continues to employ 2008-09 coach Tino Vogel.

LEIPZIGINFO.jpg

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To play as Leipzig you will need to revert to the files from The Amazing Dale Watkins German Lower League Update though this version by Octavianus[GER] has updated transfers and fixed one or 2 little problems and I would suggest using that. Another optional choice is the finances, in any of the updates you get roughly £4.5M a year for 10 years. If Leipzig are successful, then over the course of that time it could be more like £80.69M (100M euros) over 10 years so if you feel you want to edit it to £8.69M (10M euros a year) for 10 years then i'd personally have no problem with that as I have done as such myself, everything else has been left untouched though.

I have played this a few different ways and for the purposes of the thread I played 2 seasons splashing the cash on kids and then on a different save played 2 seasons where in season 1 the only incoming transfers were the arranged ones (Timo Rost and Sebastian Albertz) in Jan which is the save I have decided to stick with

With the amount of money and the higher rep the club has it is possible to attract good youngsters to the club and the likes of Guilherme (Botafogo) Joel Acosta (Boca) and Cristaldo from Velez have often come up as realistic targets. Your starting squad is good enough to win the league on it's own, though if looking to strengthen then a reserve keeper (Neuhaus is a good enough starter up to and including Bungesliga 3) possibly a new right back (though you can get away with this in the first year) and a pair of wingers would be the areas to address. One thing worth considering like I did is loading the Austrian top flight to keep RB Salzburg active in case you need a few loans. You also have very good youth facilities for this level so I would check there too as my starting right back came straight from there and I manage to use a pair of unspectacular but solid wingers from there too for the first year.

09-10lineup-1.jpg

Perry Bräutigam is your goalkeeping coach. Adjust budgets straight away and offer him as much as you can for as long as you can. It will be very hard to get somebody as good as him for a quite a few years.

If you are looking for a lower league save where you have a good infrastructure, a 44,000 capacity stadium to play in and you want to build a club your own way from day one without being too limited like most lower league clubs, than RB Leipzig is certainly the club for you. Good luck :cool:

To play as Leipzig you will need to revert to the files from The Amazing Dale Watkins German Lower League Update though this version by Octavianus[GER] has updated transfers and fixed one or 2 little problems and I would suggest using that. Another optional choice is the finances, in any of the updates you get roughly £4.5M a year for 10 years. If Leipzig are successful, then over the course of that time it could be more like £80.69M (100M euros) over 10 years so if you feel you want to edit it to £8.69M (10M euros a year) for 10 years then i'd personally have no problem with that as I have done as such myself, everything else has been left untouched though.

I have played this a few different ways and for the purposes of the thread I played 2 seasons splashing the cash on kids and then on a different save played 2 seasons where in season 1 the only incoming transfers were the arranged ones (Timo Rost and Sebastian Albertz) in Jan which is the save I have decided to stick with

With the amount of money and the higher rep the club has it is possible to attract good youngsters to the club and the likes of Guilherme (Botafogo) Joel Acosta (Boca) and Cristaldo from Velez have often come up as realistic targets. Your starting squad is good enough to win the league on it's own, though if looking to strengthen then a reserve keeper (Neuhaus is a good enough starter up to and including Bungesliga 3) possibly a new right back (though you can get away with this in the first year) and a pair of wingers would be the areas to address. One thing worth considering like I did is loading the Austrian top flight to keep RB Salzburg active in case you need a few loans. You also have very good youth facilities for this level so I would check there too as my starting right back came straight from there and I manage to use a pair of unspectacular but solid wingers from there too for the first year.

09-10lineup-1.jpg

Perry Bräutigam is your goalkeeping coach. Adjust budgets straight away and offer him as much as you can for as long as you can. It will be very hard to get somebody as good as him for a quite a few years.

If you are looking for a lower league save where you have a good infrastructure, a 44,000 capacity stadium to play in and you want to build a club your own way from day one without being too limited like most lower league clubs, than RB Leipzig is certainly the club for you. Good luck :cool:

Hey i am thinking of starting this save up. it seems a very fun and different game with a nice challenge to it. but i have a few questions to ask before i start...

- The database u suggest to dload, octavianus's....i notices it contains two versions, one with regional domestic cup and one without. which version should i use?

- Octavianus's db is up to date as of april, so RB Leipzig are in 4th div which they have been just promoted to or 5th div?

- U say the budget is 4.5 mil for 10 yrs...is that that transfer budget or just whole budget? if not what is the transfer budget?

Once you get to the top flight, what happens to the link with Salzburg? Are they still the "main" club? Or does it sever the link?

I haven't got that far yet so I can't answer i'm afraid, though there would be a good chance it is severed.

Hey i am thinking of starting this save up. it seems a very fun and different game with a nice challenge to it. but i have a few questions to ask before i start...

- The database u suggest to dload, octavianus's....i notices it contains two versions, one with regional domestic cup and one without. which version should i use?

- Octavianus's db is up to date as of april, so RB Leipzig are in 4th div which they have been just promoted to or 5th div?

- U say the budget is 4.5 mil for 10 yrs...is that that transfer budget or just whole budget? if not what is the transfer budget?

I went for the one without the cup to get through a bit quicker, but that was due to me already having 2 shots at this before I had problems with my laptop, then another 2 goes for the purpose of the thread.

As for finances it is £4.5M(ish) total a year for 10 years with £860k (ish) budget and you are expected to win the league. Though I if you want you can change it to £8.69M (10M euros) a season total for 10 years via the editor as that is closer to the reported amount Red Bull will put in if Leipzig are successful. I'd have no problem bumping the transfer kitty up to £1.2M for the 1st season either.

I'll get a report of my own game up in a little while.

I haven't got that far yet so I can't answer i'm afraid, though there would be a good chance it is severed.

I went for the one without the cup to get through a bit quicker, but that was due to me already having 2 shots at this before I had problems with my laptop, then another 2 goes for the purpose of the thread.

As for finances it is £4.5M(ish) total a year for 10 years with £860k (ish) budget and you are expected to win the league. Though I if you want you can change it to £8.69M (10M euros) a season total for 10 years via the editor as that is closer to the reported amount Red Bull will put in if Leipzig are successful. I'd have no problem bumping the transfer kitty up to £1.2M for the 1st season either.

I'll get a report of my own game up in a little while.

Alright cool just one more thing...

with Octavianus's db are RB Leipzig in 4th or 5th div or german football?

Alright cool just one more thing...

with Octavianus's db are RB Leipzig in 4th or 5th div or german football?

5th div. Nordust-Sud.

This is the quality of player you can bring in straight away. Though I did have to bid for the players, then adjust the money all in to wages and offer the maximum to get them.

I am running Austria (first division and above) England (League 1 and above) France (CFA and above) Germany (Oberliga and above, due to the facte SSV Markranstädt never got promoted in previous attempts I found the division below a waste of time and will just find a feeder club or 2 when the time is right) Italy (Serie C2 and above) Holland (Juliper league and above) Spain (second division and above) Portugal (2nd division and above) with all top flight clubs loaded in Europe, S. America and N. America on a large DB. Obviously that might be too much for some people's comps.

It is a fun save, so good luck :cool:

5th div. Nordust-Sud.

This is the quality of player you can bring in straight away. Though I did have to bid for the players, then adjust the money all in to wages and offer the maximum to get them.

I am running Austria (first division and above) England (League 1 and above) France (CFA and above) Germany (Oberliga and above, due to the facte SSV Markranstädt never got promoted in previous attempts I found the division below a waste of time and will just find a feeder club or 2 when the time is right) Italy (Serie C2 and above) Holland (Juliper league and above) Spain (second division and above) Portugal (2nd division and above) with all top flight clubs loaded in Europe, S. America and N. America on a large DB. Obviously that might be too much for some people's comps.

It is a fun save, so good luck :cool:

Hey thx loading up the save now. by any chance are u able to show me which players and tactics u have been using. i havnt got much if any experience in germany on any football managers....-_-

Hey thx loading up the save now. by any chance are u able to show me which players and tactics u have been using. i havnt got much if any experience in germany on any football managers....-_-

I used the tactic in the screenie at the top.

RB-Support

CB x 2-Limited defender defend

LB-Support

DM-Anchor man

CM-Advanced playmaker

LM/RM-Winger support

LF-Advanced Forward

RF-Poacher

I can't remember the exact settings bar it was attack, press more and zonal marking.

You can get the likes of Oscar on 48 month deals for £3.4M and he would come in Jan. Like I said I stuck with the original squad and was only beaten once. I did come across another Leipzig story on another forum and these were his first season dealings if that is any use to you?

I've restarted my save and bought more realistic targets in. Most of the players i've had on other lower league saves at some point and all identify areas that need strengthening. All the deals were done over 48 months and where I could I tried not to offer too much over the odds in terms of wages but one or 2 I had to swap budgets as I made the offer. I offered all of them bar Pouso contracts until 2014 and once signed I put their asking price as £100M to stop teams bidding and upsetting my players later down the line. That way if any do turn in to good enough for Bundesliga 1 or 2 even it will at least allow me to keep them until their contract expires.

The dealings are here I'm playing the same formation as my first or second post and this will be my main lineup (though my ass man disagrees)

I've restarted my save and bought more realistic targets in. Most of the players i've had on other lower league saves at some point and all identify areas that need strengthening. All the deals were done over 48 months and where I could I tried not to offer too much over the odds in terms of wages but one or 2 I had to swap budgets as I made the offer. I offered all of them bar Pouso contracts until 2014 and once signed I put their asking price as £100M to stop teams bidding and upsetting my players later down the line. That way if any do turn in to good enough for Bundesliga 1 or 2 even it will at least allow me to keep them until their contract expires.

The dealings are here I'm playing the same formation as my first or second post and this will be my main lineup (though my ass man disagrees)

Hey ive just looked at some of the staff at the club and they dont look too good. ive put in a bid to get a scout but they pretty much have low stats. so i dont think there is any point in trying to improve the staff. May as well wait until further up the pyramid.

Ive also added some players which they have signed in real life. like timo rost, tim sebastien, alex laas, tom geisler and sebastien albert. Plus i made those changes to the budgets that u suggests as its more realistic.

Hey ive just looked at some of the staff at the club and they dont look too good. ive put in a bid to get a scout but they pretty much have low stats. so i dont think there is any point in trying to improve the staff. May as well wait until further up the pyramid.

Ive also added some players which they have signed in real life. like timo rost, tim sebastien, alex laas, tom geisler and sebastien albert. Plus i made those changes to the budgets that u suggests as its more realistic.

I always untick "add key staff". Non of the ones I have are great but i'd rather take the chance signing my own staff than getting lumbered with rubbish I have to sack.

Rost, Sebastien and Albert were already set to come in Jan on the DB, though after the 1st season the only 1 i'd keep is Rost, then once you are in Bundesliga 3 see how he is doing physically. In my other attempt I sold him to ST. Pauli for £150k once I reached Bundesliga 3 as he was touching on to 34 and I would never have got a better offer.

I must admit, though I have started again, I've holidayed large chunks of this season so far. I find it too easy up until Bundesliga 3. I find the next division up just as easy as the Oberliga due to playing even more reserve teams:D though I do make sure I do watch some of the games to see how the players I brought in are getting on.

I dont really like holidaying. i just dont c the point in playin if your going to skip everything.

just looked at the some of the players which most of them have only just joined. which sux so doesnt look like ill b trying to sell them in the first window. might try and release some older duds whose contracts are nearly up.

I dont really like holidaying. i just dont c the point in playin if your going to skip everything.

just looked at the some of the players which most of them have only just joined. which sux so doesnt look like ill b trying to sell them in the first window. might try and release some older duds whose contracts are nearly up.

I've ended up only holidaying 70 days, most of that was the 2 month winter break to be fair. Usually I wouldn't holiday at all, but because i've gone through the 5th and 4th divisions already with ease I wanted to get through it quickly.

As it is a new club there will be no chance of selling anybody straight off. I didn't even get any interest in the better players that I brought in myself in the Jan window which is a first considering some of the names I brought in (maybe the £100M asking price put them off :D) You will lose a lot of players on frees at the end of the season anyway, so with the amount of money you have it isn't too bad if you have to keep them until then.

Ive got the first game of the season up next- i tend to take my time in the transfer market ;)

Still trying to sign an AMC, got bayern as my parent club :) got diego contento on loan and some good cheap players with quality.

ill post my transfers up 2morrow. spain v paraguay are about to start so gonna go watch that ;)

Ive got the first game of the season up next- i tend to take my time in the transfer market ;)

Still trying to sign an AMC, got bayern as my parent club :) got diego contento on loan and some good cheap players with quality.

ill post my transfers up 2morrow. spain v paraguay are about to start so gonna go watch that ;)

I'm assuming he's a real player, but there was a lad at Bremen that kept coming up in scout reports of the U21's called Florian Trinks he was rated pretty good by the scout, is equally adept at CM or AMC and is only £90k, might be investing in him myself.

Whilst the pre-season is going on I just as well write my report.

As expected we dominated from start to finish, at no point was the team lower than 1st place due to 2 consecutive 3-0's at the start building us a healthy goal difference. The league was actually won with 6 games to spare.

Most of the squad was rotated during the season to try and keep everybody happy, even young goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois played in half of the games. His stats don't look too great now bar the 16 determination Sven Neuhaus managed to get him to with tutoring, but he didn't let me down when called upon.

Marc Mateu was a revalation all season long. I tried to start him every game possible and rotate Rost and Omar Pouso (who was Mateu's tutor and did wonders for him) and as you can see he played a big part in creating goals for the team.

Kaplan has been my personal favourite player of the season, everything seemed to go through him. I must admit whilst he is pretty much 2 footed I thought he'd struggle out on the wing, but he surprised me and will be a vital player for another few seasons I feel.

On the right wing the pace of Femenia offered a different kind of threat and his pace especially late on in games meant that most left backs couldn't cope with him. I'd like to get a highly determined right back in next season to tutor him, I feel he could be a half decent Bundesliga 2 player with some help.

Zigoni is my little headache. In some games he was absolutely shocking, missing easy chances, getting caught offside often, but his scoring record is still superb for soeone of his age. I have been playing him as a poacher, I may have to look in to changing that as I feel he could have done so much better.

This upcoming season I aim to go straight up again. I am seriously looking at bringing Berkin Arslan in, the only thing putting me off is I need a right back more urgently and cover at left back, possibly a striker too.

I have a few high profile friendlies lined up to help make a few £100k back, just as I did in the winter break. Even though without them what I would make is a drop in the ocean, but I do like to try and make money for my teams wherever I can. Once i've done my transfers I will update a bit more.

I tried loading the German league for this game and it only goes to the third division, not the 5th where they are. Any tips???

http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=5208013&postcount=188

Download this, put it in your editor data folder (make one if you haven't got one) un rar it using winrar then when you start a new game tick the box like on here and select one of the 2 German files depending if you want to play the regional cup or not (personally I didn't use the cup file as by rights there should only be one season where you are eligible to play it and it also saves time)

Is this the first season SMPL? If Kaplan signs for RB I might give this a go, really liked what I saw from him this year so a team where I really could use him as a starter would be interesting :)

Is this the first season SMPL? If Kaplan signs for RB I might give this a go, really liked what I saw from him this year so a team where I really could use him as a starter would be interesting :)

Yes mate, he did cost quite a bit...£875k transfer fee and then budgets adjusted to be able to give him a higher wage with 25% a year rise :o:D (he might even have said he wasn't interested, but I offered him the max I could and he signed) He is far too good for this division from the off, even used out on the wing he was class for me. I made most of my signings contracts until 2014 and put a £100M asking price on them so I can be left to try and develop them.

So far I have brought in an excellent looking prospect in Oztekin

oztekin2010.jpg

I actually tried to sign him at the start of last season after he was mentioned in the first staff meeting, but Fenerbache bid for him and there was no way at that time he was going to pick us over them. But as the season progressed he came up again in my scout report (I have Turkey loaded so I can look at the U21's ect) and when I asked for another scout report I was shocked to see that I could get him at such a low price. He has signed and if it is true he can get better then that is nothing but good news for the long term future of the club.

Another superb signing is Nilfore on a Bosman

Nilfore.jpg

He looks like the type of foil that Zigoni needs and I am hoping that he can win the ball in the air for Zigoni to run on to. They should really cause havoc in this division.

I have also signed Arslan for £1.75M. My scout said he may be interested, the high wages and the fact he had Elano and Frank Rijkaard as disliked people probably sealed the deal. I have Pouso tutoring him, if I can even get his determination up to 12-13 then I will be pleased with it.

ARSLAN-1.jpg

Yago was also available and cheaper at £875k, but I felt the versatility of Arslan could potentially save money on squad players in the long run.

I am also hoping to get a left back in, but if not then I am going to either retrain Streit or more likely Pouso for the role and keep looking out during the season.

Extended contracts have been given to Zigoni, Mateu, Femenia, Pereira, Morgado, Akça, Courtois and Kaplan which will all expire in 2015, I'd hope at least 3 of these will turn out good enough to play in the top 2 flights if I can keep the vultures away.

I drew a tough home tie against St. Pauli in the cup. I never really expected anything from the tie, but hoped for a good performance. I got exactly that and more....

STPAULICUPWIN10.jpg

My new tactic with wingers pushed higher up the pitch with Arslan as an inside forward on support and Femenia as a support winger caused all types of problems for the St. Pauli full backs and with the crosses set to float and Nilfore as an advanced forward with target man and supply to head it worked wonders as he flicked on both the goals for Zigoni to tap in. Even though they did take the lead we were always in control to be fair and could have had a goal or two before they scored. Rost put the game beyond doubt with a tidy finish from the edge of the box.

In the first league game of the season against Osnabruk II Zigoni added another 4 goals to his tally. That convincing win was followed by a 6-1 demolition of Wilhelmsaven, where Nilfore bagged a hat trick and Zigoni managed another strike to his tally.

If one giant killing act wasn't good enough....

I am delighted by that. I changed formation to a flat 4-4-2 after being advised in the pre match meeting and upped our tempo for most of the game and it did wonders for us. Ingo Hertzsch had a nightmare 1st half for us giving the ball away for both the Hertha goals. Needless to say I dragged him off at half time and replaced him with Thomas Kläsener who held the back together and it was actually his header that went to Arslan who ran the length of the pitch and put Zigoni through for what turned out to be the winner.

I was still worried by Hertha though and finished the match playing 5-5-0 :D and even managed to hold out through 4 minutes of injury time to record a famous win.

There is a few 3rd division teams left in the competition and I am really hoping for one of them to earn a bit more money before the inevitable happens and I get knocked out. No matter what happens from here though the players have done well in this comp and are doing well in the league too where we are joint top on goal difference and after the hard fought win against Hertha I played almost my entire reserve side and picked up a win to take us to 40 games in a row without defeat. :cool:

Edit: Given a home draw V Bochum. Not too bad

So which league do u have to be in to be eligible for the cup? im stilll first season and im not in the cup....:(

btw i arranged some friendlies at the winter break at home agaisnt, HSV, Schalke, Stuttgart and Franfurt. hopefully i can bring some funds in with that :)

Quinby, you get a shot at the Pokal in the next division up.

Surprisingly we march on in the cup :eek: We dominated this game from start to finish. Their goal came courtesy of my keeper having a Barthez moment and kicking the ball straight to Reinhardt.

The Zigoni/Nilfore partnership is one of the most lethal I have ever had on FM. Usually I can one to score and the other to create, but this is the first time in a while I can both to be able to score and assist so regularly. I'm just playing through a few friendlies (Werder, Dortmund, Shalke, Wolfsburg) to get a bit of money in a keep players fresh during the winter break. Usually I would have more but as I don't know my next opponent in the cup until the end of the month (Jan) I don't want to risk injuries. I am hoping for Hannover or Koln TBH, as I feel that we *may* have a chance of beating them, especially as in the cup if a Bundesliga 1 or 2 team play a lower division team the lower team gets home advantage. Bar that a good pay day against Bayern would be good.

I earnt £390k for the tie against Bochum in prize money and another £500k for TV money. As the prize fund seems to double each round it seems like I should potentially make more than £1M from the next game as no matter what the result both teams get paid the same amount. By the time the quarter final comes this cup run would make us not too far off being a self serving club this season, which was my long term goal from the time we get to Bundesliga 2 onwards, so this has been a great help.

In the league we are slightly ahead of the pack, we still haven't lost a game in any competition in my reign which is around 50 games now :cool:

Quinby, you get a shot at the Pokal in the next division up.

Surprisingly we march on in the cup :eek: We dominated this game from start to finish. Their goal came courtesy of my keeper having a Barthez moment and kicking the ball straight to Reinhardt.

The Zigoni/Nilfore partnership is one of the most lethal I have ever had on FM. Usually I can one to score and the other to create, but this is the first time in a while I can both to be able to score and assist so regularly. I'm just playing through a few friendlies (Werder, Dortmund, Shalke, Wolfsburg) to get a bit of money in a keep players fresh during the winter break. Usually I would have more but as I don't know my next opponent in the cup until the end of the month (Jan) I don't want to risk injuries. I am hoping for Hannover or Koln TBH, as I feel that we *may* have a chance of beating them, especially as in the cup if a Bundesliga 1 or 2 team play a lower division team the lower team gets home advantage. Bar that a good pay day against Bayern would be good.

I earnt £390k for the tie against Bochum in prize money and another £500k for TV money. As the prize fund seems to double each round it seems like I should potentially make more than £1M from the next game as no matter what the result both teams get paid the same amount. By the time the quarter final comes this cup run would make us not too far off being a self serving club this season, which was my long term goal from the time we get to Bundesliga 2 onwards, so this has been a great help.

In the league we are slightly ahead of the pack, we still haven't lost a game in any competition in my reign which is around 50 games now :cool:

Alright nice! i reckon cups are very important and fun to football. its a shame im not in one atm but then again only having 30 games in a season fastens up the whole game :)

im guessing we enter in the 1st round? or quali rounds?

Straight in to the first round. I don't think I seen any of the lower division teams play each other in the early rounds. May have just been random, but it looks like you do end up playing a Bundesliga 1 or 2 side.

I've decided I need to try and get a left back ASAP. Morgado is decent for this level, but he isn't really improving at all. I am also looking for another CB, Hertzsch and Klasener aren't aging too well now and I think Pereira and Akca are too young to be starting together.

ok thanks, it sux tho having to play top teams first up tho :(

im in need of a back up GK or first choice. sven nuehaus is jsut a bit shaky...everytime ball comes over i think he is gonna drop it or do something silly.

another position would be DR. Van der Ree doesnt look as good as i though, so i might sell him off and try and find someone else.

AND a ST i have beckamenga who is great as a lone ST but thats it. the other two, frommer and hofler are too inconsistent.

Any ideas for these three positions?

I can't think of a better 1st choice than Nuehaus at this level TBH, which is why I went for Thibaut Courtois as a reserve and got him tutored to get his determination up. Courtois actually played 17 games for me though last season (didn't realise I played him so much) and only let in 5 keeping clean sheets in 13. So far this he's played 11 and let in 4. Jason Steele might be another cheap bet for a back up if he's not gone already.

I struggled at right back too last year, I was lucky that Oztekin wasn't happy at Fenerbache this year, but he's a regen so of no use to you:(

How about splashing out for Zigoni? £500K may seem a lot for a team in the lower league, but the way I see it is if I can keep hold of him until I get to Bundesliga 2 at least, then it's money well spent. His wages will be dear mind, but he averages a goal a game for me . Admitidly last season he could go 3-4 games without a goal and then bang a hat trick and go on a run before another drought. This season his scoring has been more spread out with only one bad patch.

Quinby, around Christmas time have a look at Mahop from RB Salzburg, he might be tempted to join you by then and with the affiliation he might be available for £100-£200k. He is superb at lower league level and could probably do a job up to and including Bundesliga 3. I should have remembered him soon TBH, I nearly bought him myself.

I have to show this

hamburgcupwin-1.jpg

:D

I changed my tactic to counter their flat 4-2-4 and went with a 4-1-3-2 formation with Pouso as an anchor man as I felt if we can outnumber them in midfield we could at least give them a game.

RVN scored for them after about 22 minutes where up until then we was holding our own pretty well. Hamburg dominated most of the half after that, but after asking to see more from them the lads they responded almost immediately and had a few good chance straight from the kick off. Nilfore bagged one and that was closely followed by his flick on to give Zigoni a simple tap in (like so often this season). I brought in £1.4M from this game and will be looking at around £2M+ for the semi.

One bit of transfer news as you may have noticed in the line ups is that I brought Rausch in from Hannover for a fee of £325k, he was able to speak to clubs from Jan and was unhappy, so I decided to make a move in December and pay rather than face a battle for him on a free. He was rated as potentially a decent Bundesliga 1 full back, so it was stupid to take a risk when he is of a caliber to potentially be a 1st teamer for 4 years or so.

EDIT: Just drawn Bremen in the semi final.

Apologies for 3 posts in a row in such a short space of time, but this deserves it.

After finding out that I would be playing Bremen in the semi final I kept the first team fresh bar one or two who had to start in due to injury. I won the league games comfortably with mostly reserves so was able to play a full strength side for Bremen's visit. I genuinely thought this would be the end of our already incredible cup run. How wrong was I....

bremenstats.jpg

With Bremen playing a wide 4-4-2 diamond I was genuinely concerned about how to dominate the midfield, I did toy with the idea of playing 3-5-2 but for the level I am at it would have been suicide. Then I remembered that I had a tactic originally made for Coimbra in the small club in big european nation thread and had twaeked slightly for Bari to make it even narrower like below

lineupbremen.jpg

As the match stats in the 1st picture show it helped me get more of the ball than I expected to and the extra numbers in the center yet again won the battle for me. I controlled from the off with an early goal from Arslan and then Nilfore added midway through the 1st half. The game was going comfortably for us until Rausch conceeded a penalty after 70 minutes. This is where I thought it would start to go wrong, but I needn't have worried as Neuhaus saved Pizzaro's kick. Almost straight from that we went up the other end with sub Zigoni putting Arslan through for his second of the game and the team in to a final place against Bayern. :)

I'm not clear on the rules in Germany regarding European places when a team loses a cup final, but Bayern are a comfortable 5th (6th is the last spot) and quite a way ahead of 7th with 8 games to go, so I could even have a Europa league place next season :eek:

Hey thanks ill check out those guys and see what i might be able to get.

TBH i wouldnt want to be in europe next season as u might find it hard. it might be taking too much of a big step. I was in europe while in championship and was fkin hard. if u get in then good luck.

ALright i just checked out some of those guys....

BTW Its jan atm

Rausch looks very nice, ive scouted him, but according to my ass man in the approach to sign section he isnt interested -_-

Zigoni is on loan at some italian club til the end of the season so cant do anything there.

Courtois i cannot find in the game same goes with Nilfore.

Mahop ive scouted too. ill post back when i here about him and rausch

you wouldnt know of any other young goalies that i could bring in?

Odd that you can't find Courtois, what size is your DB? Try and see if Lambo or Hamid's waivers have been cleared. Usually happens quite a lot by christmas, get them tutored by Neuhaus and they have a chance of being decent. Rausch didn't sign for me until christmas 2010, so I doubt you'd have much chance before then.

Have only played a few games tonight, but had to post this..

matchstats-1.jpg

I can't get my head around how we managed to keep them out at all. We had a decent amount of the ball due to me playing deep, short and narrow like my ass man suggested in the pre match meeting, but with the amount of shots they had I was sure a battering was coming our was. Especially after they scored early. Niflore scored a cracking first time shot after 20 minutes and we withstood the barrage that came our way. Even when Niflore scored his second after 113 minutes I was convinced we wouldn't be able to hold on, but astonishingly our tired legs held on.

2011cupfinal-1.jpg

I'm chuffed with that and we even have a place in Europe for next season. The only problem now is I hope the board don't expect too much in the future, we have rode our luck in all bar the Bochum match in this competition and if I relayed the season a billion times I doubt i'd get that luck again.

My rep has been bumped to national now after that

myrep2011.jpg

And that game was my 67th without defeat

67unbeaten.jpg

Hey nice result there. bayern had heaps of shots and u still happen to get in front. well done ;)

Lambo i cant find but i normally could- he is american with greek second nationality rite?

Hamid im guessing is the one from DC. well he isnt available for free, nor can i scout him so i dunno...

BUT

i managed to sign a goalie he is old but experience- 38 yr old Georg Koch- got him for 200k from atleti Madrid. looks awesome and my ass man who i got from bremen highly recommended him.

ill stll look to sign a young goalie in the future though. Have u had major problems with injuries? i ahve all my inform players get injured for like a month then have trouble comin back -_-

Quinby- I've noticed that they don't always clear their waivers, but it does happen from time to time. The problem is you can't sign non EU players unless they already play in Germany once you get promoted and then in Bundesliga 3 as well, so any non EU need to be done by the end of Jan 2010 .

DC's- try the shortlist from here plenty of good youngsters are actually willing to

join. Just remember to filter it to realistic targets.

Leipzig 2010/2011

To save a big report i'm just going to post the table and transfers for the season and a few other screenshots as my cup run has already been discussed.

2010-11table.jpg

2010-11transfers.jpg

Zigoni stats

zigoni2010-11.jpg

Niflore stats

niflore2010-11.jpg

Incoming for the new season are

Prosenik

Naki

Grujic

Also German Lux on a bosman which along with Aguilar (also Bosman) is an amazing bit of business for the club. We also have Johan Laedre Bjordal a 25 year old center half from Sassuolo arriving any day now. We were also in for Possebon from Man Utd, but he agreed to Join Murcia.

I have also turned down the Osnabruck job down after their approach.

OH! that sux!

well ive just completed season 1 finished on top :)

so there goes the idea of signing an Argentinian from italy :(

so even if i agree to sign an NON EU before transfer window opens he wont be able to join?

Quinby, well done on promotion. I tried to sign the keeper Guilherme, had the fee sorted and everything but he could join straight away because of his age, then when the new season started the deal fell through.

German supercup

hoffenheim.jpg

We only had to play the final qualifier for the Europa league luckily. We were drawn against Rapid Wien

1stleg-1.jpg

The 2nd leg was sensational

2ndleg-1.jpg

:eek:

I started off with my usual 4-4-2 wingers in the second leg after it gave me that result in the first, obviously things weren't going to plan so I changed to 3-4-3 straight after the 2nd went in. The 3rd came just before half time, so in the team talk I encouraged them rather than have a go and they did me proud. We have Arsenal, Getafe and Spartak Moscow in the group stage and at this moment in time I am unsure whether to go for it or not. My unbeaten record will go at some point in that group, so i'm thinking more towards concentrating on the league. It is a big step up in Bundesliga 3 and it has been a lot harder to break teams down, so could do with my main 11 being fresh. I have Spartak away any second now, i'll play a strong side then and see how we go.

Here you go, http://www.megaupload.com/?d=J905ME3R

Stadium id is 8701013 but the config files are in there (it's a rar file) Good to see someone else doing this, it is a good save.

Or if you want to do it yourself

http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx132/S_M_P_L/Leipzig/rbleipzig.jpg

http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx132/S_M_P_L/Leipzig/zentralstadion.jpg

The club id is 91013388 if you want to use both

Well that sux but at the moment ive put in a couple bids for some freebies, scouted some cheap transfer listed players and ill put a couple loans in once window opens.

I also noticed TONI KROOS is back at Bayern so i might out in a sneaky loan bid until the end of the season and see what they think ;)

Yer i grabbed those same stadium backgrounds and also did my own for leipzig.

Unlucky with that mate. You got some good signings in too I noticed. I found that division easier than the Oberliga TBH because you seem to play even more reserve sides and the way your first season went I don't see this season being a problem for you either.

I'll do my update tomorrow, got quite a bit to go through and can't be bothered typing it all out now TBH :D

Yer i was quite surprised with some of the players who came. My scout would say that they are interested then my ass man said no. so working out the contracts was hard. im actually thinking of sacking my ass man and bringing in someone better.

Most of the signings are under 21 as i reckon this team needed some of the old heads out of there and some youth in. as u can probably tell i took advantage of frances youth system lol :)

Zigoni looks great and will get some great game time in the next month since beckamenga is injured. Keita is the young gk that i always wanted and look promising, he is gettin tutored now. Silvestri is a young DC form juve, on low wages same goes with Giannetti who is a young Target man. Barrada and the polish dude form Bordeaux are probably the best signings so far with Helen.

Archived