[Release] Full Gibraltar Leagues and National team

Made Of Stone

Hi there, what I have done is created the Gibraltarian national leagues and also made the national team playable.

The competitions include:

Gibraltar First Division

Gibraltar Second Division

2 Reserve Leagues

Pepe Reyes Cup includes both full and reserve sides.

The GFA super cup, between the winners of the first division and Pepe Reyes Cup

and Finally....The Island games, which is a competition each summer for the smaller Island nations around the world.

Every club has a full squad of players although due to difficulty obtaining information some clubs have less players than others, although luckily the game automatically fills in the gaps so that shouldn't be a problem. The database includes over 350 players and staff.

There are several awards, all your usual player and manger of the season awards, as well as team awards and end of season awards for each league. I have also added several real media sources to the database for added realism.

Along with that I have created a handful of 'Legendary' Gibraltarian footballer as non-players and set them as the nations famous players. So if you get a great young striker you can expect to see something like "Touted as the next Tim Buzaglo' for example. These legends can also be signed as non-playing staff for your clubs.

I have tried to make this all as accurate as possible, although I have used some creative license with the reserve and cup competitions and also some of the team colours as info was again hard to come across.

Have tested through over 4 seasons and there doesn't seem to be any glaring errors, teams qualify for the European competitions as required and the national side participates in all qualifiers; although they generally struggle and as yet I have only seen them beat Luxembourg in a friendly.

Graphics: Kremmen over at Sortitoutsi has kindly created a logo pack for some of the teams, so full credit goes to him. Unfortunately only a few logo's were available so this again is something I would like to build upon.

Madman99 at Sortitoutsi also created some kits for the Gibraltar national team. so big thanks to him!

The link below contains, the database, the kits and the logo's all in one file. If you notice any errors in the database please let me know so I can sort them out!

Link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/yqhdja

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah it should work on all patches, I started it on 10.1 after all and doesn't seem to have any effect. I replaced Burma so no other European country misses out after the world cup qualifiers, although annoyingly for the world cup qualifiers Gibraltar seem to take the place on Montenegro! again something I'd like to try and work around, after that though the qualifiers are as normal.

And Arkiteki88 - I actually originally tried to download yours, but sadly the download link wouldn't work for me so made my own! Still a lot of work can be done, so if you want to share any ideas that would be great!

Looks good MoS :thup: Chances are though the quality of players will be better than how it is here irl though ;)

Actually, very impressive that you got the international players in. Just a question though, do Lincoln dominate the leagues like they do IRL in the xml? From the latest league table I can retrieve (http://www.gfa.gi/senstand.htm) they are some distance away from the rest.

Also, how come you have 2 reserve divisions? IRL there is only the one, with 11 teams, but I suppose a little change from reality isn't bad.

http://www.gfa.gi/seniors.htm

The players I made were generally had a CA:45 and 55 with a few of 60, and the PA never went above 65. I used San Marino as my base for the quality and looked for the average ability of most of their players. Even though I understand the Sanmarrinese are probably at a better standard I wanted to make sure the Gibralatrians are at a similar level to Europe's minnows and can compete! I've given most clubs 2/2 for training and youth set up, with Glacis being an exception, think I've boosted their youth set up to 4. This may be totally inaccurate, but I'm sure they have partnerships with Kosice and Bolton which I have included in the database, hence the better rating.

If there is anything that needs changing let me know and I'll get on it!

Yeah I wanted to include two reserves divisions, just thought it might make the whole set up a little more interesting! As for Lincoln, I did set the rep slightly higher as they've been champions for quite a few years it seems. The first season they took the title, but since then it's been a battle between them, Glacis and Manchester United. United winning it in the final season, with Glacis the two seasons before.

Yeah, they do have partnerships at Kosice and Bolton, the Kosice one was done recently.

If anything, maybe add a couple of media sources. I would say just add the local newspaper, the Gibraltar Chronicle, who operate daily, and the local tv station, GBC, who operate daily, but don't do any live games, just show highlights of the occasional game.

There definitely is no prize money as there is no money involved in the league, no need to pay for travel as everyone plays in the same stadium, so you got that part right :thup:

Fair ratings on the CA-PA front as well.

Yep, I understand it's all amateur so didn't include prize money. I was worried that the teams once qualified for Europe would gain an unfair advantage even though they only last for one round of qualifiers, but as it turns out everything stays level. One thing that does bug me about finances is the game seems to be intent on forcing prices for tickets and season tickets. At first I tried to set it as £0 which didn't work, then I set it at £0.01 but the prices still stand! any idea's how I can get around this?

And good shout on the media front, I will get on that once work is out! Don't suppose you have any links to the paper itself do you Dan?

Another thing that I do want to do, is created backgrounds for each club, now I know they all play at the Victoria Stadium...but I would like a different shot for each side. Unfortunately I can only find about 3 shots suitable for backgrounds though! Again something to work on when I have the database right!

Just a quick update on the database. I have now included some media sources, GBC, The Chronicle and also the GFA website; along with that I have now included more awards. Player of the season, manager of the season and team of the season for both league.

I am not onto the process of more players, although information is hard to come I have used wikipedia and other snippets on the web to help fill the squads. Info is basic generally player name and position but I thought it would be better to have squads full of players with real Llanito names and also for the national team to have a bigger pool of players.

Your download link doesn't seem to be working

It should be working now mate! Let me know if there's any more problems, although I will be putting a new link up in the next few days, with a lot more players included.

So far I have finished Glacis, Lincoln and Gibraltar United...all have full squads or near enough anyway.

Right the new link I posted was actually wrong, so I've uploaded my newer version. This contains media addons, more players...so far Laguna, Man Utd Digibet, Glacis and Lincoln have had squads added, although there is a lot more work to be done on this. I've also included rivalries between some clubs, as well as adding two Gibraltarian Legends Tim Buzaglo and Leslie Asquez as non-players also including them in the famous player tab of the national team.

The biggest difference is a pre-season international tournament named the Island games that I've added, it contains 16 national teams which are all Island nations this runs from the start of July all the way to the first week of August.

It's only a beta thus far though so there could be some errors or improvements to be made, so if you see anything please let me know and I'll sort it out.

New Link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/zve4z3

Haha I was unsure what to do about the languages, from what I read most people are bilingual speaking English and Spanish, so I set both at 100%, I added Maltese at 25% and languages like Hebrew and Hindi as really small percentages to reflect the small communities there. Any suggestions Dan at what I should set it as? Also for some reason all players only have English set as their languages rather than Spanish, or any of the other languages set!

Can you show a screenshot.

Great idea but I would like Gibraltar not to be a member of fifa or uefa and then create all the island games countries (I'm thinking of doing that myself).

About languages:English and Spanish 100%,Hindi 5%, Sindhi 5%, Arabic 10%, Hebrew 10% and Maltese 25%.

I don't expect you to use all these languages but these are the languages they speak and how much the user should speak on the game.

Anyway Great Idea!

Made of Stone, I saw in another thread that you made a Gibraltar region and put it in england so players all have english as there second nationality.

I think the way to get around this is to check how SI sorted the nationality problem in Hong Kong because most people there have english as there second nationality but Hong Kong is right at the bottom of China in Asia.

This may help.

Cheers mate, if you could link me up to the video's that would be great, or I can have a search myself. As for the languages I think what I've set them almost identical as what you've told me, so it's pretty close to being spot on. Although I haven't seen many players with languages other than English and Spanish as of yet.

I will get a screen shot up as soon as I'm back home on my own computer, snowed under at work at the moment so have been unable to work on the database nor have access to the game. Hoping to get a minute tomorrow maybe to have a crack at it though. If I do I'll stick some up for you.

I would be interested in seeing how SI set the second nationality for those born in Hong Kong, but I would hazard a guess that it is hard coaded into the game, so I wouldn't be able to implement it myself. I've had a look in the editor and can't see anything on there.

Congratulations, I think the next stages will be to make other island games countries playable.

On CM2007 you could buy Greenland players and Greenland are trying to get into uefa like Gibraltar so I think you should include them.

Type gibraltar football into google images and you can see a picture of the gibraltar 09-10 away and home kit which might be useful for creating a kitpack for gibraltar.

Team Details:

Manager: Albert Buhagiar

Stadium:Victoria Stadium (5,000 capacity)

Rival Nation(s):England, Spain, Malta, Morocco

Capital City: Gibraltar

Population:29,286 (In 2008 was the last time they counted)

The link on youtube:http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=gibraltar+football&search_type=&aq=f

Most videos are short but it may still interest you.

Cheers for the video's, will be a big help. I've put Greenland into the game so far, edited the kits and created the stadium etc. Haven't got round to adding players for them yet I will do that once I've finished the squads for the Gibraltarian League clubs. Although I had to set Greenlands continent to North America, as when I placed them in Europe they kicked Gibraltar out of the qualifiers, I have thought about moving Kazakhstan back to Asia to accommodate them, but am Undecided as of yet.

You said Gibraltarian clubs aren't doing well in europe, I think the way to get around this is to make regens in the editor to come through in the first season or maybe one or two seasons but make quite a lot of good regens as i believe Gibraltar have a lot of decent players coming through in real life (by decent I mean better than a lot of fifa associated teams' youth).

I'm sure Gibraltar could do well against Faroe Islands, San Marino, Malta, Moldova or Andorra; maybe not win but do well definitely.

Is there any way of actually influencing regens in that way? I have actually made a few kids with higher potential, players that with the right training could be real stars. Although I haven't put too many in as I want to keep it as realistic as possible, but there are some players there. I've also slightly improved some of the players playing in the Spanish lower leagues as well, on a national scale they should be able to compete with the likes of Faroe Islands etc once these players have developed.

One thing I am not sure of is the quality of coaches and coaching out there, I'm slowly adding non-playing staff but not sure how to rate them.

Great Work, good idea for just keeping it realistic.

I think you should create 1 or 2 world class regens like most weak countries have (sometimes a standout player instead).Here is how I think they should be:

World Class Regen:

Name: Merouane Camilleri (A Morrocan fist name and Maltese surname)

Nationality:Gibraltar/Morrocco/Malta

Declared For:Gibraltar (very loyal!!!)

Club:Lincoln

Position: AM/SC

Favourite Club:Real Madrid

Summary: I think you should make most of i stats over 15 and the rest over 10.

Standout Regen:

Name: Marcos Johnson

Nationality:England/Gibraltar

Declared For:Gibraltar

Club:Laguna F.C.

Position: GK

Favourite Club: Tottenham

Summary: I think you should make most of his stats over 10 and the rest over 5.

Anyway, when your'e done can you show a screenshot of these 2 regens and before that show me a screenshot of Greenland's team and league.

Well I have made a couple of players on the database so far who are 16 and 17 respectively, I've given them the same sir name and made each other favoured personal as well, so I've made them as if they were brother. The potential is random but at -9 and -8 so there is definitely potential there with the right training. Both start as free transfers as well so they can be picked up with ease.

As with Greenland, I'm not implementing their league system into the game, It's a simple job of changing their name/kits etc with I have already done. I may make players but that's about as far as I will go with them. The only reason I added them was because I was short of teams for the Island games competition I have added.

I agree with your reasoning about the greenlandic leagues.

Should you make another island games country playable like the isle of wight or jersey you must add them to the island games competition as well.

Have you added those two players I suggested yet as regens and show me screenshot of their profile afterwards.

Here is links to Gibraltar kits for a kitpack you can add: http://www.uksoccershop.com/images/10315.jpg

http://www.uksoccershop.com/images/10314.jpg

I've got a fantastic idea!

So Gibraltarian regens can become really good add them to top youth teams in the world.

This is where to put them:

Malaga, Granada, Almeria, Woking(becuase Tim Buzaglo played for them), Cardiff City, Falkirk, FAR Rabat, Raja Casablanca, Valletta, Crystal Palace and Benfica.

This realistic because all this places have a connection with Gibraltar.

Malaga, Almeria and Granada-because they are close by

Benfica-because portugal borders spain

FAR Rabat and Raja Casablanca-there is a morrocan community in Gibraltar

Woking-Tim Buzaglo played for them

Cardiff City, Falkirk and Crystal Palace-because the UK govern Gibraltar

You don't have to make all the players good because that would be unrealistic but at least make them around Gibraltarian league standard.

Thanks for the kits! I'll have a scout around and see if anyone can make them for me. I just hope they'll show as I know there's been a problem with edited teams kits actually showing.

Before I add any more youths I need to work on filling the clubs squads. Don't a few so far but there's still alot of work to be done in that department.

I did originally add Isle of Wight and the Isle of Man to the game, the only problem with that is even unticking Fifa ect they still got placed into qualifying groups, which I certainly don't want to happen. I've had a look to see if there is a way around this but seemingly there isn't, which is a total pain.

Also good shout with the regens I've already thought about maybe adding Tim Buzaglo's 'son' for example. Also I think Glacis link up with Botlon and Kosice should be representing with some players maybe being in their youth teams. Once I have the first team squads added I will look into it further.

Great work.

If you type 'how do you create your own kitpack' into google you should find something on a football manager fansite though I think you need to use one of their applications to create one.

Don't know if tim buzaglo even has a son, you should probably just add a fake regen with his surname and tim buzaglo in his favoured personnel.

To get Isle of wight and isle of man in the game try adding a new continent called non-fifa and put them in it and because that continent doesn't have a world cup qualifying tournament they won't compete in it.Haven't tried it myself but hopefully it should work.

I'm going to find pictures of Greenland's kit now and maybe Jersey, Isle of man and isle of wight

afterwards.

Archived