Should I build a 500,000 seat stadium?!

Should I build a 500,000 seat stadium or It's crazy.

on thing I like about FM it's to play around and do crazy things with editor (which often end up nuggin my game).

I was wondering how big can a stadium be? I mean the biggest CLUB Stadium (non National) is the Nou Camp Barcelona 98,772.

I check the world biggest stadium http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_stadiums_by_capacity

I did creat my own team and it;s in Bromley London so I was woondering should I make it 99,000 or make it bigger?

Capacity is limited in the game to around 200,000 I think, or at least thats the largest the game will allow stadiums to be constructed up to. But that was based on a time when I asked the same question around the days of FM07, if its been increased or not I can't say. You can definitely go up to 150,000 with ease but there are other settings you need to tweak with to make sure your team fill it up lol.

Capacity is limited in the game to around 200,000 I think, or at least thats the largest the game will allow stadiums to be constructed up to. But that was based on a time when I asked the same question around the days of FM07, if its been increased or not I can't say. You can definitely go up to 150,000 with ease but there are other settings you need to tweak with to make sure your team fill it up lol.

yeah I know the other setting like. Average Att, population, number of team within the city the stadium will be.

but it will be nice to know the limit

An idea would be to download FMRTE start a quick game with just the premiership active or something so it only takes a minute to get loaded up, then edit it already and sim through half a season to see the effect it has. That way you can work out what is the best approach, whether a 500,000 seater stadium glitches the game or causes it to crash etc before you put all that time and effort in and find it doesn't work as you wanted.

One suggestion I would make if you can't use FMRTE, set your grounds current capacity to 100,000 or whatever you want, and put the expansion limit at 500,000 that way you should still get a fairly long term save out of it even if there is a few problems down the line.

According to that list, Club America play in a 105,000 capacity stadium. Making it bigger than the Nou Camp.

Not sure why you would want a 500,000 capacity stadium anyway?

As he said in the OP - just for fun. I suppose he just wants to see what happens, like testing the boundaries of the game or something.

I remember in championship manager 2001-2002 when I edit the capacity to 1000000 and per each game we earn 30 M haha it was unrealistic,so i think they limited the capacity in the recent editions.

Wouldn't the gate receipts end up being too high and push you into administration after you broke the maximum balance barrier?

Why on earth would you put a half million seater in Norman park, people would never get past that width restriction thing on the road outside!

More like think what the view would be like for the people at the top of the stands. It'd be like you were watching a match in 2D on FM :).

One suggestion I would make if you can't use FMRTE, set your grounds current capacity to 100,000 or whatever you want, and put the expansion limit at 500,000 that way you should still get a fairly long term save out of it even if there is a few problems down the line.

the limit is 200.000

According to that list, Club America play in a 105,000 capacity stadium. Making it bigger than the Nou Camp.

Not sure why you would want a 500,000 capacity stadium anyway?

the Gate money is very usefull for transfer

I remeber putting the stadium capacity up to at least 500k. I can't remember exactly but the team I was raked in loads and loads of cash from gate reciepts, that was until the ground maintenence bill came in, I went bankrupt losing millions! This was on CM 01/02

Reading a little on Wikipedia, it actually looks as though a company called Televisa owns the national stadium. The owner of Televisa also owns Club America. So I can't see that they rent the stadium, when the owner of the stadium and the club are the same person/people.

If anything, it's more likely that the Mexican FA rent the stadium to use for International matches. Not sure if National teams rent stadiums from clubs, but I certainly can't see that it is the other way round :)

@rudboy - fair enough if that is what you want to do, then there is nothing to stop you. good luck with it, hope it works out for you.

Reading a little on Wikipedia, it actually looks as though a company called Televisa owns the national stadium. The owner of Televisa also owns Club America. So I can't see that they rent the stadium, when the owner of the stadium and the club are the same person/people.

If anything, it's more likely that the Mexican FA rent the stadium to use for International matches. Not sure if National teams rent stadiums from clubs, but I certainly can't see that it is the other way round :)

@rudboy - fair enough if that is what you want to do, then there is nothing to stop you. good luck with it, hope it works out for you.

are you sure is the owner or Just the CEO! beside owning a team and a Stadium is different. are you sure they onw the stadium or they are the sponsor ( like for the emirate stadium which many people think it's own by Emirate)

anothere example is Crystal Palace! the onwer of the team don't own the Stadium which belong the 2nd majority share holder man.

Archived