player on the decline

sorry my computer is ebing rubbish so cant do a screenshot

But my facilities are top training facilities and state of the art youth.

its frustrating as he was one of the best defenders ive ever had and scored 17 goals from centre back last year and combined with my other centre back they scored 30 goals between them

Edit: i havent touched the training schedule at all

Too much Newcastle brown ale and mars bars? Maybe he isn't very professional.

Ronaldinho started declining physically about 25 because he wasn't training properly and lost his edge.

I disagree. I think Ronaldinho only started to lose his edge in his final season at Barca. H was immense at PSG and had 4 years at the top of his game in Spain. His last year with Barca he would have been about 28ish.

And bear in mind, although he's probably not the most hard-working or fittest player to have played the game, he was and still is a terrific footballer.

I disagree. I think Ronaldinho only started to lose his edge in his final season at Barca. H was immense at PSG and had 4 years at the top of his game in Spain. His last year with Barca he would have been about 28ish.

And bear in mind, although he's probably not the most hard-working or fittest player to have played the game, he was and still is a terrific footballer.

Yes but it didn't happen overnight although in fairness injury had a lot to do with it as well. I agree that he was still quality until his final season when he never got back to his best after injury, but he never worked hard enough at his fitness before and after.

I have a regen centre back who is 24 years old, he was a world beater and had a CA of 190, now his stats have dropped quite a bit and the coach overview bit says that he has shown signs that he is on the decline as a player.

Why??

The coach report sounds like a response to the drop in attributes. Players at the age of 24 can drop significantly in CA but it is completely reversible. It is highly unlikely he is actually "on the decline". Far more likely he reached a peak of CA gain and has for some reason significantly underperformed since then, whether that is injury, lack of match practice, poor performances or a combination of these things.

Strange, one of my young players, 22 year old had something similar happen. Had Finishing, Composure, First Touch and dribbling all of 20 (now all of 19), as well as 20 stamana, 20 technique and a few other things, and then all of a sudden they just dropped. Some of them came back up, but not all of them yet.

However, he's playing the best football of his life. 40 something goals and 20 something assists in 50 odd appearances last season, getting an average of around 7.47! Probably over playing him or something.

The coach report sounds like a response to the drop in attributes. Players at the age of 24 can drop significantly in CA but it is completely reversible. It is highly unlikely he is actually "on the decline". Far more likely he reached a peak of CA gain and has for some reason significantly underperformed since then, whether that is injury, lack of match practice, poor performances or a combination of these things.

Good news for me then. My star Left Winger had a serious drop off that I only caught last night. I hadn't played him a great deal (once in the last 2 weeks) because I was resting him for a big derby. He also came off of an injury for 7-9 days prior to that. Thinking about it... he has only played twice in almost a month... :eek:

What you suggest is keep playing him and he will bounce back. Do reserve games help minimize this effect?

Yes but it didn't happen overnight although in fairness injury had a lot to do with it as well. I agree that he was still quality until his final season when he never got back to his best after injury, but he never worked hard enough at his fitness before and after.

Fair point. It's amazing to think he is still only 29!

Good news for me then. My star Left Winger had a serious drop off that I only caught last night. I hadn't played him a great deal (once in the last 2 weeks) because I was resting him for a big derby. He also came off of an injury for 7-9 days prior to that. Thinking about it... he has only played twice in almost a month... :eek:

What you suggest is keep playing him and he will bounce back. Do reserve games help minimize this effect?

That all sounds very plausible. An injury and then a lack of match practice and reasonable performances from a star player that has been playing out of his skin can often mean that player "slips off his peak" so to speak and losses a few CA points. Getting him back up to speed and playing regularly will reverse that effect.

It's exactly the same principle during the off-season period where often players can decline in attributes due to a lack of match practice etc.

Archived