How am I a World Class Manager?

I have just finished my first season with Leeds United.

I romped the league and finished as Champions with over 100 points.

A good effort yes, but it was only League One.

I was instantly promoted to World Class Manager status, joining only 7 other men, including Lippi, Capello and Fergie.

Anyone else "suffered" a similar fate? :)

Indeed I did. I still think it's a bit to soon to be calling me World Class though.

Maybe winning the Prem or Champs League yes, but League One just because I was an international player.

Not to be ungrateful though :)

I wonder what competitions you win would make you a world class manager?

On my current save (2020), I have won during my career:

Greek 2nd Division - Diagoras

Greek 1st Division - Diagoras

Dutch Cup - Feyernoord

UEFA Cup - Blackburn

FA Cup - Blackburn

My reputation is currently continental.

I've become a World Class with Ajax after one season with previous experience set on international. The weirdest thing is that since then I've won the Champions League twice and some players still find it difficult to motivate themselves because of my (I'm guessing low) reputation. :-|

Yeah this is weird.

I got promoted with Southampton via the playoffs and was a world class manager.

With Sunderland I have won

2 Premierships

2 Champions Leagues

1 FA Cup

and Im still continetal.

As a Southampton supporter myself, and having born witness to the shocking decline of our once proud Club, I would tend to agree that any manager (IRL) able to motivate and get this bunch of inexperienced (and in many cases just not good enough) players promoted would indeed be a 'World Class' manager. ;):)

I got World Class status pretty fast in the game. With Rangers four years in a row I have won the SPL title, Scottish Cup and League cup each year. Then just got to Semi Finals and such in Europe atm. Sure it goes up fast but that what you get for setting it to International Footballer, also it suits the club as we got taken over and are in the top 5 richest clubs and got a very strong side now. Some of the regens are insane.

Having 'International Experience' with Australia had made me World Class when the game began, didn't realize and didn't want to start again. I think you should be able to input how many Int games you played as well. Also for it to differ based on what International Exp for each country was represented. For example a higher rep for someone who represented Brazil 90 times as opposed to someone who represented American Samoa 4 times.

I wanted my manager to have played about 7 Int games for Australia and had to retire due to injury and became a manager at 36.

Archived