not using real players poll

Have you tried unticking the 'use real players box'  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Have you tried unticking the 'use real players box'

• Yes- I loved it...
    • Yes- I hated it
    • No- But I might try it next game
    • No- See no point
    • Don't want to try it because of your current team but thinks that its a good idea

yeah i know what you mean...........but it is quite a good challenge for those who don't want to go to LLM but at the same time would like a challenge :)

I havent tried it in FM09 yet but did something change? In previous FMs the only thing that changed were the player's names, or possibly nationalities (cant remember too well) but ability wise you could even recognize who was replacing Lampard at Chelsea or Ronaldo in Man Utd. They were like the same players with different names (kinda like using FMRTE clone centre or changing everyone's names)

I really couldnt see much of a point in this. If it actually changed something would be nice tho...

I havent tried it in FM09 yet but did something change? In previous FMs the only thing that changed were the player's names, or possibly nationalities (cant remember too well) but ability wise you could even recognize who was replacing Lampard at Chelsea or Ronaldo in Man Utd. They were like the same players with different names (kinda like using FMRTE clone centre or changing everyone's names)

I really couldnt see much of a point in this. If it actually changed something would be nice tho...

exactly, its too easy to tell who players were by their relationships, all that changed for me was john terrys name and nationality, he became pierre chirac from martinique, even his photo didnt change as the uids dont!

if it were truly random it would be a great feature, but no different to holidaying to 2026....

I tried it once on fm 2007 but the top 5 most expensive players in the world all belonged to chelsea and it seemed to mimick the real players just with different names. e.g. the australian national side had its first team playing in europe and there was a winger playing for liverpool i.e. Kewell and a cm playing for everton, Cahill. So i am completley discouraged from trying it again.

Archived